excellent. thank you
Re: Sibbles Basslines
August 23, 2021 12:12AM
sick vinyl selection on this site

[www.youtube.com]
November 02, 2021 08:09PM
Yes, thanks for sharing.

There's a lot of mystery behind many of these old Jamaican riddims, particularly because they so often get reproduced / remixed / re-arranged / re-released.

It's great to hear stories about the origins of these super famous riddims.

Also, something I lament.... back when I collected physical copies of reggae music (cassettes and CDs), I used to love looking at the names of the musicians listed in the liner notes. Something I miss these days, and I regret getting rid of a bunch of those old liner notes.
November 04, 2021 10:31AM
treez
Yes, thanks for sharing.

There's a lot of mystery behind many of these old Jamaican riddims, particularly because they so often get reproduced / remixed / re-arranged / re-released.

It's great to hear stories about the origins of these super famous riddims.

Also, something I lament.... back when I collected physical copies of reggae music (cassettes and CDs), I used to love looking at the names of the musicians listed in the liner notes. Something I miss these days, and I regret getting rid of a bunch of those old liner notes.

yes.. i remember those days of cd liner notes... which were common among labels managed by enthusiasts or 'real business men'... heartbeat, b&f, ras records, easy star..(sometimes trojan and greensleeves/shanachie)

the ja or west indian run labels, usually just had a single sided insert with nothing on the back.
early vp releases, sonic sounds, <insert fly by night, unlicensed, label of the day>(many argue this also applies to trjoan)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login