Advanced

Cali Roots at Midway in SF Oct. 23 and 24

Posted by Ras Matches 
Cali Roots at Midway in SF Oct. 23 and 24
July 28, 2021 06:16PM

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
Re: Cali Roots at Midway in SF Oct. 23 and 24
July 28, 2021 06:36PM
Wonder will this be in the warehouse area or the outside block party vibe??
July 29, 2021 08:50PM
where do we get tickets ? for sunday onlysmiling smiley
July 30, 2021 05:18PM
received an email. got my ticket. sunday!!!
July 30, 2021 07:11PM
Is it an inside show?

Love that reggae!
August 01, 2021 05:07AM
I emailed them and they responded right away. They said it’s outdoors. Sunday looks decent, but I don’t think I would stay for Stephen.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
August 01, 2021 07:58AM
i never saw stephen marley. i like his music thought. you dont like his performance ?
August 02, 2021 06:30PM
Stephen Marley is cool, he’s got some jams and solid performer. I am just not a huge Marley fan.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
August 02, 2021 11:54PM
understood. line up is pretty nice before him so should be a good time
August 03, 2021 08:28PM
$45 for Sunday only early bird tix right now....
August 04, 2021 01:18AM
Haven't seen Yellowman in decades! And I could use some Anthony B energy right now....
August 05, 2021 07:48PM
I'm pretty sure Anthony B still bringing that fire...
August 05, 2021 09:09PM
I'm pretty sure Stephen Marley is worth staying for... grinning smiley
August 05, 2021 10:24PM
Stephen is my favorite for a live show as far as the Marleys and roots are concerned. Damian is equally as good, just more jump up high energy vibe. Great one day lineup but bad weekend for me unfortunately.....
August 06, 2021 11:06PM
oh yeah that is why i bought my ticket. will see him in monterey in august too
August 09, 2021 08:19PM
I think Steven just cancelled his tour. I could be wrong but he is off of Dry Diggings as of this morning.
August 11, 2021 12:37AM
Yes he canceled his tour. I read the letter he sent out. The opening date of the tour was at the Mateel...........
August 12, 2021 04:50PM
wonder if the show is still going on at middway with the other artist. i know monterey is doing the show with j boog
August 12, 2021 05:30PM
J-Boog and all of the Island reggae bands have a huge following in the NorCal South Bay area. Those shows are always packed, people come with large families and sometimes they bring the whole church.smiling smiley

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
August 12, 2021 08:45PM
makes sense. i dont think i ll go to monterey but i ll still go to middway on sunday if the other artist are on. but i wonder if anthonyb or yellowman will travel.
August 12, 2021 09:17PM
Anthony B has been traveling more than any artist as far as I can tell. He just did a ton of dates in Europe. He performed in Humbolt a few months ago as well so I'm sure he will be there.
August 12, 2021 09:46PM
ok good to know. yeah this guy seems tireless. i saw him in oroville few years back when he just came out the plane.....i like that he like to give the good energy to the reggae fans!!!
August 15, 2021 12:59AM
strikkly
I'm pretty sure Anthony B still bringing that fire...

Every time I see him he has an incredible amount of energy.
August 17, 2021 05:59AM
Ras Matches
Stephen Marley is cool, he’s got some jams and solid performer. I am just not a huge Marley fan.
I am surprised to hear you say this. I get he hasn't had a relevant tune in a bit, but his performance is like a fine tuned watch. For me, he simply crushes it regardless of his playlist. I also feel he is the most talented of all the Marleys, he has gotten the most Grammy's if that counts for anything. The dude exudes professionalism.

POSITIVE VIBRATIONS WITH DJ TREEZ - 101.5 FM - THURSDAYS @ 10PM - [www.truckeetahoeradio.com]
August 17, 2021 03:21PM
DJ Treez
Ras Matches
I am surprised to hear you say this. I get he hasn't had a relevant tune in a bit, but his performance is like a fine tuned watch. For me, he simply crushes it regardless of his playlist. I also feel he is the most talented of all the Marleys, he has gotten the most Grammy's if that counts for anything. The dude exudes professionalism.

i'll give stephen the best 'musician' of the brothers.. but damian is FAR AND AWAY the best lyricist.
damian doesnt re-hash and re-use the typical rasta platitudes/cliches used 99.999% of JA reggae artists.
his lyrics come from a very spritual place... damian carries the blessing of discernment through his maroon bloodline.
his eyes tell the story.. very mystic and spiritual.
August 17, 2021 05:28PM
bigvein
DJ Treez
Ras Matches

i'll give stephen the best 'musician' of the brothers.. but damian is FAR AND AWAY the best lyricist.
damian doesnt re-hash and re-use the typical rasta platitudes/cliches used 99.999% of JA reggae artists.
his lyrics come from a very spritual place... damian carries the blessing of discernment through his maroon bloodline.

I have seen him perform several times on his own. I remember half the set were Bob’s songs. He a good performer, I am just not that much into any of the Marley crew. I wouldn’t buy a ticket just to see Stephan alone. Would you?

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
August 17, 2021 05:46PM
Ras Matches
bigvein
DJ Treez
Ras Matches

I have seen him perform several times on his own. I remember half the set were Bob’s songs. He a good performer, I am just not that much into any of the Marley crew. I wouldn’t buy a ticket just to see Stephan alone. Would you?

"I have seen him perform"

Who is 'him' in this case? Stephen or Damian ?
August 17, 2021 07:06PM
bigvein
Ras Matches
bigvein
DJ Treez
Ras Matches

I have seen them all even as ghetto youth crew, but I was talking about Stephan. Damien doesn’t do a bunch of his dads songs when I have seen him.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
August 17, 2021 09:27PM
Ras Matches
bigvein
Ras Matches
bigvein
DJ Treez
Ras Matches

I have seen them all even as ghetto youth crew, but I was talking about Stephan. Damien doesn’t do a bunch of his dads songs when I have seen him.

not that anyone cares or asked.. but i rate the marley brothers like so..

1. damien marley - genius that pulls lyrics from the spiritual realm... patience, gunman world, it was written... all mystical killers
2. stephen marley - produces anthems that stand the test of time.. jah army is killer.. even though its a S&R relick
3. julian marley - has a nice catalog of tunes to vibe to.. violence in the street is a favorite of mine
4. kymani marley - not really into his rock style productions, but 'rub a dub' soldier has hit repeat on my playlist a few times
5. ziggy marley - he's ok.. i liked his 'conscious party' and 'one bright day' albums... but thats probably i was just getting into collecting music at the time.. i think 12, 13.

these days, while i like party and rub-a-dub music.. ive really been going through those heavy spiritual sides out of the yabby-u, michael prophet, and prince alla stables.
yabby-u's 'jah vengence' has been getting heavy rotation at night while i am running some miles on my treadmill in my garage.. just looking out at the stars and cool breeze flowing through the open door.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2021 09:29PM by bigvein.
August 19, 2021 05:23AM
Bless up guys! So while I will easily admit Damian is the better performer, I will hold firm Stephen is the most talented. He was a big part of Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers (when I saw them live in the early 90's Stephen totally stole the show), he made his own album that completely crushed it AND produced Damian Marley's biggest albums. The reason he sings so many Bob tunes is that he literally sounds more like Bob than anyone, that is why he gets a pass on what would otherwise be considered a flaw IMO.

bigvein, you are going to need to add some more names to your Marley clan ranking - Skip, Jo Mersa, etc.

I have definitely gone to several shows just because Stephen was there, although I never had to pay for the tickets.

MoreLove!

POSITIVE VIBRATIONS WITH DJ TREEZ - 101.5 FM - THURSDAYS @ 10PM - [www.truckeetahoeradio.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login