Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rasta at Shasta

Posted by sfco2000 
Rasta at Shasta
July 10, 2021 12:50AM
Looks like there is a reggae festival in the works @ Mt Shasta City, August 26-28. Anyone know anything more about it?
Re: Rasta at Shasta
July 12, 2021 02:50AM
I know its legit and am in touch with the guy putting it on. Any questions?

[www.facebook.com]

POSITIVE VIBRATIONS WITH DJ TREEZ - 101.5 FM - THURSDAYS @ 10PM - [www.truckeetahoeradio.com]
July 12, 2021 08:06PM
I haven't seen live music in over a year and a half now.. A show with Don, Pato and Prez has me seriously considering a flight to California....
July 12, 2021 08:54PM
seems don is the only veteran touring these days.. or maybe the only elder healthy enough to travel.
i know.. i'm sounding like the old man remembering the good old days in all my posts.

i was in pacfic beach the last few weeks, and noticed the only reggae being played was either bob marley or modern cali-reggae artists... long gone are the days when you would hear people blasting roots radics sides and/or hardcore roots
myself.. i was running the boardwalk everyday, blasting barry brown, michael prophet, linval thompson, ijahman, while hitting my miles with my external portable speaker.
got a large up from some young adult jamaicans... good time overall.
July 12, 2021 09:50PM
bigvein
seems don is the only veteran touring these days.. or maybe the only elder healthy enough to travel.
i know.. i'm sounding like the old man remembering the good old days in all my posts.

i was in pacfic beach the last few weeks, and noticed the only reggae being played was either bob marley or modern cali-reggae artists... long gone are the days when you would hear people blasting roots radics sides and/or hardcore roots
myself.. i was running the boardwalk everyday, blasting barry brown, michael prophet, linval thompson, ijahman, while hitting my miles with my external portable speaker.
got a large up from some young adult jamaicans... good time overall.

A lot of the vets tend to tour europe more, which from what I understand is still pretty locked down as far as shows and all that.

You hear this new Linval cut?

July 13, 2021 01:15AM
DJ Treez
I know its legit and am in touch with the guy putting it on. Any questions?

[www.facebook.com]

I sent you a PM here bro...
smileys with beer

[www.RealitySounds.com]
[www.SantaCruzReggae.com]

#rastacruzreggae #santacruzreggae #realitysound #reality_sound
July 13, 2021 01:17AM
yeah i dont follow the euro scene.. i barely follow snwmf.,. i just see show flyers posted on utility poles and listings in eventbright.. nothing but cali roots bands and the usual JA artists who now live in CA.
so my sampling pool is probably too small to make such a broad statement..
in any case, love the original linval version of that one.. and equally love the re-lick... still carries the same feeling, although in combination with a dj adding a more uplifting thing to it.

another boomshot riding a vintage riddim inna singer/dj combination..

July 14, 2021 04:04AM
No kidding! Definitely looking forward to some live music, with the Don, Prez & Pato no less!!! Any ideas on what is the 'Tiered Ticketing' system all about?
*airhorn* *laser beam* *airhorn*
July 16, 2021 01:26PM
trying to get the daily line up on this, I wanna go for 1 day for Jah Warrior, prez and The Don hopefully, if u have the info please advise, give thanks
July 16, 2021 04:23PM
thursday, friday and saturday...hmmm...

Love that reggae!
July 16, 2021 04:59PM
Yeah, details like that make me feel sketchy about this one. Seems like a lot to pull off in a short time, and seems like they are kind of winging it loosely. Hoping it works out! The fact that most of these artists are Cali-local makes it more legit, but still!
July 17, 2021 05:51PM
John Blaze
trying to get the daily line up on this, I wanna go for 1 day for Jah Warrior, prez and The Don hopefully, if u have the info please advise, give thanks

Friday Line Up = Don Carlos, Arise Roots, Artikal Sound
Saturday Line Up = The Movement, Pato Banton, Prezident Brown, Reggae Angels
I imagine JWS is spinning both days but have not double checked

POSITIVE VIBRATIONS WITH DJ TREEZ - 101.5 FM - THURSDAYS @ 10PM - [www.truckeetahoeradio.com]
July 20, 2021 01:32PM
give thanks
August 23, 2021 01:24AM
"Aloha to the Rasta at Shasta community and supporters.

Unfortunately, we were just told after months of being approved by the County of Mt. Shasta, that we can no longer hold this event at Shastice Park. We’re incredibly disappointed with this decision and we are just as surprised and confused by it as you might be.

We appreciate all the support we’ve received and we have a number of plans in the works to still make this event happen elsewhere. Please stay with us and keep sending positive vibrations. Give us just a little time and we promise an update as soon as we have one. We’re working very hard for you and will be in touch soon.

Thank you, 9th Island Events"

-Posted 8-21 or 8-22
August 25, 2021 05:06AM
after no Line up update over the last couple months, This must be the 'Lots more TBA ' the flyer was referring to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login