Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rodi Editorial: Where is Reggae?

Posted by Ras_Adam 
Rodi Editorial: Where is Reggae?
March 04, 2021 11:59PM
Re: Rodi Editorial: Where is Reggae?
March 05, 2021 05:42PM
no disrespect to the man who has his place in reggae history, but sir rodigan may need to hop down off that high horse; he looks a bit like a hypocritical follow fashion DJ after writing those words...

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
March 05, 2021 11:07PM
i don't think he a hypocrite for bemoaning the lack of quality reggae
just because he makes part of his living playing dubstep show
reggae is is true love and he's sad it's on life support.
a
March 06, 2021 04:35PM
well, seems like he bemoans the lack of reggae played at clubs and by radio DJs, but then is guilty of this himself. my guess is that he's at an age and monetary security level that he doesn't have to play in this type of club scene if he doesn't like it or want to support it, especially if he feels it's at reggae's expense.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
March 07, 2021 09:39PM
From the time I've spent in England there were almost NO YOUNG people who were into reggae. They all wanted American hiphop music and they would all say to me "why do you like old people music?" and "That's the music my mom listens to". What can you do except try TO PLAY OUT AND PROMOTE THE MUSIC YOU LIKE which is a personal responsibility and mission. Short of that you can't MAKE people like the music so I don't really understand the basis of the complaint besides Rodi virtue signaling and big upping himself. Yeah I think he is virtue signaling which thankfully A LOT less people are doing in reggae these days, has the novelty worn off???
Not to virtue signal myself BUT that new Fantan Mojah video with the whole bag a gals is pure TRASH. When did Fantan Mojah fall off so hard??
March 08, 2021 10:24PM
I agree with Rodi
March 10, 2021 05:30AM
March 13, 2021 07:57PM
on my daily beach runs, i play 'old man' reggae music through my external blue tooth speakers..
(dont like covering my ears when running)
anyway, dont care if people consider it old man music.. the music moves my soul. the music keeps me moving.
especially if i consume a good sativa prior to activity. my fav of late is ak-47 or durbain poison.

youll find on repeat prince alla, michael prophet(hear my prayer, mash down rome), hugh mundell, ijahman(heavy load)
i love thanks and praise, and prayer tunes... especially when the sun is setting and i feel the cool breeze flowing through my lungs... on top of the sound of water as i run the shore break.. nothing greater.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login