Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Future of Sierra

Posted by westafari 
Future of Sierra
February 02, 2021 12:16AM
Does anyone know what the future holds in regards to this festival happening again?
Re: Future of Sierra
February 02, 2021 05:39AM
Does anyone know what the future holds in regards to anything? Live music? Will I ever be comfortable being sprayed by some drunk at a show ever again? Would an SNWMF at this point be a tribute show, like seeing The Dead without Jerry?

I don't know the answer to any of these questions, we’ll have to see.

Love that reggae!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2021 01:43PM by nomotrouble.
February 03, 2021 02:20PM
It was a good run
February 03, 2021 04:52PM
I think the show did not and cannot go on without Warren at the helm.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
February 04, 2021 02:08AM
Warren held the boarder pass.

[www.RealitySounds.com]
[www.SantaCruzReggae.com]

#rastacruzreggae #santacruzreggae #realitysound #reality_sound
February 04, 2021 09:17PM
Agreed - I don't see it happening without Warren and while this makes me sad we had many many years that I will cherish in my memory and be forever grateful for - love to you my SNWMF fam always
February 05, 2021 04:11PM
the ultimate tribute to warren( i never met him or had any correspondence with him) would be to carry on the
festival.. what a testament to the strength of the community to pick up what warren started.
surely there are those in the community who are savy enough to coordinate such an event, and to manage all the
musician egos, contracts, etc.
we've seen many sideline managers over the years chiming in with their 'two joints' on how to make
the festy more enjoyable.
now is the perfect opportunity for the community to pool ideas suggested over the years, and to pool resources
to keep the thing going..
many may find its easier to chat this,that than it is to actually make a festy happen year in and out.
February 11, 2021 07:59PM
If there is an effort in the future to revive the fest I will gladly help with any environmental review and/or permitting needs with the county pro bono...my email is reggae_lover71@yahoo.com for anyone who may be putting a future list together.....
February 12, 2021 04:59AM
I don't know if the fest will get revived but I think it would be great to have a concert honoring Warren................
February 14, 2021 08:35PM
I would love to go to Warren’s life celebration!!!
February 16, 2021 09:14PM
Absolutely
March 05, 2021 03:36PM
Bumping this to the top. Do you think it would be possible for some new to take the reigns and start with a 1 day festival?
March 17, 2021 09:59PM
There is nothing more I want than to see snwmf return one day. Does anyone know if anything may potentially be in process? New ownership or partnerships?

Also throwing it out there, if the time comes where snwmf needs help to be revived I would happily help if I could. I know alot of people who would too. My background professionally is in administrative work - HR, personnel, contracts, invoicing, database administration, organization, proposals, payroll etc. I would totally volunteer to help!
March 18, 2021 12:19AM
This stage crew volunteer concurs!
March 20, 2021 12:53AM
Hi, I am an attorney here in Northern California and would love to help revive this amazing festival if possible. Warren may be gone but his Spirit will live on.
March 23, 2021 02:46AM
I put together festivals and concerts in college so Im also in for helping bring roots message music back to Northern California.

Giving thanks!
March 23, 2021 03:53PM
I know it is a pale imitation of the real thing, but a great way to spread the SNWMF vibe would be a rolling raid one day on Twitch. 10-12 DJ's who start spinning music in the morning and go until midnight. Each DJ would raid the next one, thereby building up the crowd/viewers. The chat function would give everyone a chance to communicate and spread positive energy.

I've seen a number of these rolling raids on Twitch and the format works quite well.

It also works for a live artist who might want to do a simple set.

All of this would be free. Tips / donations could be paid to the DJ's or a charity via Paypal, Venmo, etc.

And of course, an event like this could be used to hype up any future festival or a return of SNWMF.

Otherwise, it is a great excuse for some reggae. Putting together a lineup would be snap due to the number of Reggae DJ's plying their trade on Twitch right now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login