Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Need a Copy of Jah Kings "Jah Frequency?

Posted by Donovan 
Need a Copy of Jah Kings "Jah Frequency?
January 14, 2021 05:20AM
I was at my local thrift store looking at their speakers (there was nothing special) and decided to look through their CD's. I was shocked to see a sealed copy of Jah Frequency by Jah Kings. This, in my opinion, is one of the ten best American Reggae albums of the 90's. I listen to my copy several times a year without fail! If anybody wants this sealed copy, send me a PM and I'll get it off to you. Please don't contact me if you plan to flip it on ebay or discogs. cool smiley
Re: Need a Copy of Jah Kings "Jah Frequency?
January 14, 2021 05:23AM
Nice, but already have that. If you keep your eagle eyes open and find any other gems, let us know.

Jah Son
January 14, 2021 05:28AM
I remember I got my copy by sending them a check. This was way back in the days when bands would take out ads in The Beat and I was reliant on Chuck Fosters column to find the quality stuff. Good Times!
January 14, 2021 04:03PM
https://www.gofundme.com/f/alexander-kofi-washington-family-fund-for-healing?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp%20share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR3yhJ6cNywWt54x_i1XbifeFhK6OLFpRlirKymvXNhH-pzeHyV-YWG1afU

Namaste and Blessings of Love! This fundraiser is for the Alexander Kofi Washington family who require assistance from our World Family so they may have the support needed to overcome a recent tragedy. On Sunday July 5th, 2020 Alexander Kofi (pronounced: Co Fee) was transported to a local hospital, then airlifted to a hospital in Colorado Springs. Kofi was diagnosed with a blood clot in his brain resulting in a major stroke. Currently he is in the Intensive Care Unit with his condition improving everyday.

Kofi and his wife Isaline are exemplary, honorable citizens and community leaders and both are popular advisors at the local charter school. Additionally, both have shown effective leadership in a variety of community organizations and groups where they currently reside in Crestone, Colorado. Also, both Kofi and Isaline are musicians in Kofi’s spiritually based reggae band Jah Kings. As a music teacher, Kofi mentors and shares his passion for music and helps young students to reach achievable goals.

A little bit more about Kofi, a man of incredible talent and integrity who was raised in Gary, IN. Kofi was a member of the U.S. National Track and Field Team, and a world class athlete 2X Olympic trial semi-finalist 1984-88. Kofi is also an ordained Priest, a Sundancer and a gifted musician. His message to our World Family is about reconnecting to one's culture, honoring Mother Earth, and embodying Divine Harmony, Peace, Love and Unity. Kofi has toured nationally and internationally with his band Jah Kings including Ghana West Africa where he participated in the government sponsored Joseph Project. While there, they performed the hit song Afrikan Diaspora on Ghana’s national tv station KSM. Additionally, Kofi’s “LOVE” CD was nominated "Best Reggae CD" and Kofi was nominated "Best Reggae Performer" at the 2002 Chicago Music Awards. His songs continue to be #1 hits on various music stations.

Many more honorable things can be said about this well respected, multi-talented family. In the word’s of Kofi’s song “UNITE”, more than ever “We’ve got to UNITE in this time.” Together we will provide the support this wonderful family needs so that they all may experience full healing through the direct expression of your Love. All donations will be used for transportation, housing and all other miscellaneous expenses required for the care and recovery of Kofi. Blessings! Very grateful for your prayers, love and generosity. JAH Love, Family and Friends! NAMASTE

Please share widely! To visit the Jah Kings official music website go to jahkings.com

Photo by Lori Nagel, Sunflower Studios

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2021 04:03PM by papajoshua.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login