Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Twitch Live streams?

Twitch Live streams?
October 10, 2020 11:53PM
Since we can't rock clubs and festivals it seems that the most consistent and stable platform for Live Streams is on Twitch.tv.
I've been doing sets there for two months and not a single dropoff or issue and there are some amazing Reggae, Dub and Dancehall DJs. And blazing Soul and Hip Hop DJs too.

The Twitch App is free or you can just view via your web browser.
Check me out at www.twitch.tv/WBLKMUSIC or look me up in the Twitch App at WBLKMUSIC

I've been doing an Edutainment set every Monday (11am-2pm PST) and an all vinyl Wax Wednesdays session each Wednesday (11am-2pm PST).

If you have been streaming on Twitch or have found other fun pages then post a link up here.
Re: Twitch Live streams?
October 15, 2020 02:52PM
Big up DJ Jacques. I have been following you and I've caught a few of your streams.

It almost feels like an embarrassment of riches right now for fans of DJ music when it comes to Twitch. I can tune in at any given moment and have a choice between multiple DJ's playing all types of Reggae, Hip-Hop, and Soul. I know we all miss live shows, and the DJ's would probably prefer to be playing in front of a crowd...but it is definitely better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Over the past 6 months on Twitch, it has also been very interesting to watch the progression as DJ's dialed in their tech, and created new types of sets to fill the slots. And I have to give a shout out to Rocker-T, who near as I can tell, is streaming sets out almost every day. A few weeks ago he did 9 music genres in 9 days. He's working hard.

Same with Irie Dole and Jah Yzer, Guid8nce, Cassidy Blaze, DJ Poizen, Coop Da'Ville, Roots Selector, WBLK Jacques (you), DJ Sep, and many others I am forgetting at the moment.
October 18, 2020 02:35PM
Big up to all you guys, listening just makes it better.

Love that reggae!
October 19, 2020 12:15AM
I just downloaded Twitch and searching for reggae DJ's now, I added WBLKMusic.

Giving thanks!
October 19, 2020 01:48AM
November 10, 2020 02:29AM
Yeah its a trip. Every day you can check sets, for free and from home or on the go, from legends like Jazzy Jeff, Maseo, Questlove, Skratch Bastid, Shortkut and so many more. On top of the quality streamers you already mentioned. I imagine that once we are able to get back to club sets that Twitch will probably still remain for specialty sets and reaching others who are far away.
Definitely grateful for the opportunity to play and to get, somehow intimate, sets from so many great DJs all over the world.
Been talking to some artists and bands too about getting on the Twitchverse.
Big up!

SommerKind
Big up DJ Jacques. I have been following you and I've caught a few of your streams.

It almost feels like an embarrassment of riches right now for fans of DJ music when it comes to Twitch. I can tune in at any given moment and have a choice between multiple DJ's playing all types of Reggae, Hip-Hop, and Soul. I know we all miss live shows, and the DJ's would probably prefer to be playing in front of a crowd...but it is definitely better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Over the past 6 months on Twitch, it has also been very interesting to watch the progression as DJ's dialed in their tech, and created new types of sets to fill the slots. And I have to give a shout out to Rocker-T, who near as I can tell, is streaming sets out almost every day. A few weeks ago he did 9 music genres in 9 days. He's working hard.

Same with Irie Dole and Jah Yzer, Guid8nce, Cassidy Blaze, DJ Poizen, Coop Da'Ville, Roots Selector, WBLK Jacques (you), DJ Sep, and many others I am forgetting at the moment.
November 12, 2020 05:28PM
Yeah, a trip it is. My wife just told me she listened to a whole Rocker-T Pink Floyd set yesterday. I'm sorry I missed that.

In think the most groundbreaking aspect of Twitch for DJ's is how accessible it makes the DJ's to their fans. Wanna reach your fans anytime with a live mix? Just start to stream. I'm sitting at my breakfast table working at the laptop listening to Jah Yzer do his live Throwback Thursday morning show. The chat aspect allows him to really interact with the listeners. The most mind boggling thing to me is that a DJ like Yzer gets 100+ listeners on a good day, while some random techno DJ from Poland has 4.5 thousand listeners on his single camera stream.

As Jaques said, the talent bench runs deep right now for Twitch Reggae DJ's, including Irie Dole , Guid8nce, Cassidy Blaze, DJ Poizen, Coop Da'Ville, Roots Selector, WBLK Jacques, DJ Sep, and many others I am forgetting at the moment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login