ROTR programs
August 10, 2020 02:51AM
John Dubois wrote:

Hello, I am a reggae archivist and historian. I am trying to compile and save in one place as many ROTR live recordings as possible. I am working with people all over the globe to make it as complete as possible. If anyone wants to donate any recordings, I am happy to share some in return. I have close to 100 I think. What I am also looking for are old program guides and lists of what artists played each year to help me know what to look for that I don't already have. Thanks for any help with this. Its import to save musical history.
[www.mixcloud.com]
Re: ROTR programs
August 10, 2020 06:49PM
I think in the ROTR website they have an archive of all the posters from every single year the festival was held. At least they used to.
August 10, 2020 08:01PM
I have all of the programs and most of the posters from 1997 to 2018. Some of them are Reggae Rising though. PM if needed. I’m pretty busy and don’t have a scanner, so be patient. Thanks.
August 11, 2020 01:42PM
Oops.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2020 01:43PM by Ras Matches.
August 12, 2020 03:21AM
I have all the artists from 1984 thru 2013 on file. They are listed by what year and what day. There were some last minute replacements that might not have made it to the list.................
August 12, 2020 10:30PM
mamacalimama
I have all the artists from 1984 thru 2013 on file. They are listed by what year and what day. There were some last minute replacements that might not have made it to the list.................

Any way you can show us the poster from 1989, Mamacali? That was my first ROTR.
August 15, 2020 02:16PM
here's a 2017
[issuu.com]
August 15, 2020 09:45PM
Thanks again for the picture mamacalimama! It brought back so many memories.
August 15, 2020 10:43PM
Happy to help bring back happy memories.............
August 16, 2020 04:50AM
Nice to see the program. I did record a bunch of that year, Judy and Marcia with Sly and Robbie was great.
August 16, 2020 04:54AM
So what I just finished was working with a few tapers and long time friends to compile as much on SNWMF as exists, I contributed around 50 audio sets. Warren will be sent a drive I believe.

Now I want to do the same with ROTR especially since that is the festival I attended the most. I have a lot of audio recordings, some soundboards, audience, and FM from KMUD. If anyone would like to help with the project please let me know.

These festivals were very historic and my hopes is to save the history. I backup everything on multiple HDs so there is no way it will be lost.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login