Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Twitch Streams

Posted by SommerKind 
Twitch Streams
August 07, 2020 08:51PM
I'm wondering how many boardies have discovered Twitch during the pandemic, and all the great music being streamed over it by DJ's? Jah Yzer has probably been the most outstanding, with his Wake N' Bake morning shows that he has been running 5-6 days a week (he's been on a 1 week break). On top of that. The JWS Crew has been doing a weekly Tuesday night Milk show with Rocker-T, Irie Dole and Jah Yzer, and it has been a major party every night.

Besides JWS, you have the Good Vibe Tribe and their Thirstday Reggae party with all kinds of local and national reggae DJ, as well as a group putting on Marley Mondays which is also 4-5 hours of various DJ's switching off every hour. DJ Smoke1 is also very active on the scene, with multiple streams per week as well as his weekly KOK stream.

Last weekend, one of the people involved in a lot of these streams, she goes by the name The Rarest Ginger, put on a 16-17 hour rolling raid stream in tribute to Reggae on the River. It featured a new DJ every hour, putting on a ROTR inspired set. It was very well done, and the Good Vibe Tribe is now going to put on their own all day rolling raid this coming weekend.

Finally, besides the musical content itself, which features a high quality signal that you can play over your good speakers, there is a whole visual component that has been evolving and getting more interesting by the week. DJ Smoke1 overlays music videos which he mixes along with the music. You've also got DJ's putting up graphic overlays, moving graphics, and multiple camera angles.

There also seems to be a whole ecosystem that goes with Twitch which allows some revenue to flow directly to the DJ's. This is done thru tipping, as well as subscriptions, custom emotes, bytes, and more. Plus the chat rooms are always going off and very positive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2020 08:52PM by SommerKind.
Re: Twitch Streams
August 08, 2020 01:43AM
[www.instagram.com]

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
August 09, 2020 02:03PM
TWITCH = AMAZON
August 10, 2020 08:46PM
MUSIC = MUSIC

Or would you prefer everyone remain silent and wait for the clubs to reopen?
August 18, 2020 10:28AM
Yea I stream a lot but usually use Instagram
@DeeJayKeef

Can Be fiun.

My FM Radio show can be found on Podcast too if anyone is interested, all live mixing every week. [podcasts.apple.com]
August 20, 2020 10:00PM
from what I understand, FB and IG have the tightest controls for copyright material and are most likely to mute a live stream, especially FB. Twitch on the other hand never seems to mute a live stream, but they definitely go back into the video and mute sections for anybody who listens after the live stream.
October 11, 2020 01:44AM
I just posted about this and then saw this post. Thanks for spreading the word and the music.
I've been spinning a bunch at twitch.tv/WBLKMUSIC

Respect
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login