FESTIVAL TIME 2020: A MESSAGE FROM WARREN SMITH AND THE EPIPHANY ARTISTS FAMILY
June 18, 2020 12:16PM

FESTIVAL TIME 2020:
A MESSAGE FROM WARREN SMITH AND THE EPIPHANY ARTISTS FAMILY

Dear SNWMF Friends and Family:

Warm Greetings to everybody. We are acutely aware that in a “normal” year, for 25 years, right about now we would be busily and excitedly packing up things for Marysville, Angel’s Camp, and then Boonville. And we know that for ourselves and thousands of others it is a big hole in our Summer and our lives, musical and otherwise, not to be heading there now. Mainly, we miss you! And of course we miss the music. Especially in these challenging, troubled, not to say insane, times, the Festival always served for so many as an oasis of good vibes, great sounds and dancing, tasty food, and of course a big wonderful annual reunion for so many of us. A “conscious party” and a magical weekend, as so many have called it.

Most of you know that the festival has been on hold due to Warren’s health, and now with the coronavirus. We won’t go into details about the ongoing challenges he, Gretchen, and others have faced and continue to deal with. We have tried over the past two years to find a way to present the Festival in some form but just could not make that work - and wouldn’t have been able to in any event in this year of the pandemic. It’s probably safe to say that every one of the festival staff, volunteers, vendors, and everybody involved dearly wish we were gathering this week in Boonville. It is actually a hardship for some not to be able to work at making the event such an enjoyable success. We regret this intensely.

But Warren wants everyone to know this:

"It is very difficult not to present the festival, especially during these times. I mourn the inability to gather as a community. Arriving at SNWMF each year has always felt like coming home. Gretchen and I miss all of you. We worry knowing that so many are suffering without work or social outlets.

While our world may seem chaotic and confusing, the rising global voice against injustice is exciting. It’s more important than ever that we continue to spread the music and the message, and embrace our similarities and differences as humans on this earth. I take solace in knowing that each of us have nurtured and can continue to nurture a world family peacefully united in celebration of the universal spirit of music - the foundation upon which the festival is built - even while physical distancing.

SNWMF has stayed the course for a long time now. Our community is strong. I know we all will keep working to make the world more equitable, loving and peaceful. In the words of Bob and Peter: “Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don’t give up the fight.” As always, forward ever, backwards never. Love and respect, Warren.”

If there is any chance, we will see you again with live music playing when the time is right. At this point we still cannot know what the Festival future will bring. But we have always been grateful to everybody involved in helping to make the musical and other magic that has been the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival. We wish you all good health, great music - and peace.

Epiphany Artists
Re: FESTIVAL TIME 2020: A MESSAGE FROM WARREN SMITH AND THE EPIPHANY ARTISTS FAMILY
June 18, 2020 01:43PM
At least we all know how good life can be. Thanks for everything Warren and Gretchen!

Love that reggae!
Re: FESTIVAL TIME 2020: A MESSAGE FROM WARREN SMITH AND THE EPIPHANY ARTISTS FAMILY
June 18, 2020 11:44PM
Jeez I know many artists have complaints as to how they are treated by white people who run music, management, entertainment etc.
June 18, 2020 11:51PM
They should probably take this time to apologize to black people for treating black artists like slaves.
June 19, 2020 12:32AM
my heart will be in Boonville this weekend. will miss you all and the good vibes. thanks for those beautiful 25 years!!!
June 25, 2020 08:11PM
Thanks for the update and sentiments, and very glad Warrens' holding steady! Sure I speak for most of the crew when I say we are ready to set things up again when the time is right!.

strikkly - WTF are you talking about? Any specific complaints about THIS management, or just making an idiotic generalization. You know, like saying "all black folks are thugs". Stop spreading division with whining (on behalf of whiners no less). For YOUR info, many reggae performers are rude, hard to work with, demanding jerks who feel entitled to be treated like headliners when they are warm-up acts at best. Sure would be easy to make a generalization about THEM, don't you think?

Find the right place for your criticisms. Unity is the key - stop with the small mindedness
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login