RIP Majek Fashek

Posted by Ras_Adam 
RIP Majek Fashek
June 02, 2020 03:28PM
Re: RIP Majek Fashek
June 02, 2020 03:30PM
June 02, 2020 07:24PM
This performance was a highlight of probably the single greatest day of reggae I have ever experienced. ROTR 1992.

RIP Majek
June 02, 2020 09:50PM
June 04, 2020 10:29AM
June 04, 2020 01:38PM
AJ
June 05, 2020 12:13AM
I'm not sure what years we saw Majek Fashek.....I guess sometime in the 90's. Anyway incredible live high energy shows.
Both times we saw him it was at the Ethiopian Restaurant "Red Sea" in St. Louis, Missouri.
The first time was in their basement and the next time on a small stage in the front window. Irie vibes and unforgettable music.
Not many people, but that did not matter to Majek Fashek and his band.....pure musical magic. We walked out both times wondering what had just happened......we definitely were in another reality from our daily lives.....felt good.
Also the food at the Red Sea was tasty.

Thanks for the irie vibes.
RIP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2020 12:32AM by AJ.
June 05, 2020 03:36AM
I saw him numerous times including Reggae on the River twice and at the Maritime Hall. I remember walking down the stairs at the hall and and on a landing that had an extended hall was Majek holding an african basket and selling cassettes. I bought several and he gave me some. The second time he played ROTR we were a little nervous because a few months prior he had a breakdown and was found running thru Central Park naked. He was given a weekend pass from the hospital to fulfill his commitment to play. There were two men who stayed with him wherever he went. He gave us a great show and I believe him playing ROTR at that time was really good for his mental health. He recovered and wrote some of his best music. RIP...........
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login