Collie Buddz Cali Roots Riddim
May 24, 2020 02:24AM
This is a good well produced riddim.
Why does Collie Buddz headline Every last tune with every guest artist?
This seems irregular, what's going on here?
Re: Collie Buddz Cali Roots Riddim
May 25, 2020 02:07PM
Ineffable Records
May 26, 2020 01:54PM
ever since the popularity of DJ Khaled it seems a lot of produers try this... It's slowed down but for awhile I was getting submissions all the time of producers billing the songs as "Producer A feat. Artist B". As a producer I don't really like the practice, the producer and artists both have important roles and one shouldn't try to take the role of the other if it's not what they did on the track. Just my 2 cents
May 26, 2020 09:14PM
Mos def a bad look, IMO.
May 28, 2020 05:28AM
It's getting more & more common. Plenty producers now taking main credit on tracks. I have mixed feelings and I write up my playlists as I see them in regards to this. Sometimes I include the producer like with Foresta or Paolo Baldini, but I rarely list them first. It's a fine line regularly crossed by legit producers.

POSITIVE VIBRATIONS WITH DJ TREEZ - 101.5 FM - THURSDAYS @ 11AM & 10PM - [www.truckeetahoeradio.com]
May 28, 2020 05:36PM
Producers do it so they can collect Performance royalties along with sales. Soundexchange pays out a royalty to the master owner and to the performer of a track for things like Satellite Radio play. One can't claim on the rights of the other typically. So if a producer calls is "Producer feat. so and so" then they can be considered a credited performer and also receive a share of the performer's rights
June 30, 2020 07:42PM
the way i overstand it is that if one person whether it be collie or khaled builds the riddim and comes up with the concept of the song and/or some lyrics they credit themselves as the artist and producer and "artist b" as the feature
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login