Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RIP John prine

Posted by Ras_Adam 
RIP John prine
April 08, 2020 08:58AM
Re: RIP John prine
April 08, 2020 12:33PM
Wow, even my country hero’s are dying. What a tragedy.
April 08, 2020 01:45PM
I am so glad I got to see him perform one last time in Eugene in September '18. He was the master storyteller and poet laureate of popular music, a nano-novelist with a guitar. And his band was perfect. The sold-out crowd absolutely worshiped him. Hearing him and the show opener, Todd Snider, trade verses on In Spite of Ourselves was genuinely hilarious.

I'll be listening to Angel from Montgomery today with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes...

Make me an angel that flies from Montgomery
Make me a poster of an old rodeo
Just give me one thing that I can hold on to
To believe in this living is just a hard way to go

RIP JP
April 08, 2020 02:59PM
We have been listening to him all week. Never caught him. Rest easy.
AJ
May 18, 2020 04:19PM
What a pleasure it's been and still is, to listen to John Prine's music.
The first time I really heard any of Mr. Prine's songs, was the first time I saw Dwight Yoakam. Dwight sang a couple of John' songs and sang them with feeling and did them justice. I was hooked.
Glad we saw him here in Tucson in December 2018. Wonderful sense of humor and story teller. The concert was sold out.
The nice thing about this concert was, every ticket buyer received by mail John Prine's latest cd "The Trees of Forgiveness" for free. Now that's customer service!

"Hello In There" is one of my favorite songs from J.P.

RIP Mr. John Prine
May 20, 2020 04:46PM
Growing up in Chicago I remember John Prine and Vietnam Veterans Against the War, and they hold a close association in my memory. Before this era of media social justice warriors you had great folk musicians who were the voice of the people. It was another era. John Prine was a musician who was richly substantive and of the people, similar to the substance that draws one to reggae. Hella entertaining too, my dad played it for us all the years growing up. Rest in power!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login