Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RIP Hubert Lee

Posted by Ras_Adam 
RIP Hubert Lee
April 01, 2020 03:42PM

Carl Finlay wrote:
My facebook posts are sadly turning into a steady stream of death notices and obituaries for Jamaican artists that i have known. This past week has been horrendous with the passing of five or six artists in quick succession. Sadly I've just received news that Hubert Lee has also passed away. My friend Peter Austin told me that he called Hubert late on Monday night and within a few hours he got a call back saying that Hubert had died suddenly of an apparent heart-attack at his home in Connecticut, USA. By strange coincidence his half-brother in Jamaica died the same day. Hubert's first recording was as a harmony singer on Alton Ellis's Bye Bye Love. He then formed a short-lived group called The Creations. He is perhaps best remembered for his solo work at Studio One and his involvement with Peter Austin as a member of the Clarendonians after the departure of original member Ernest Wilson. Hubert Lee was 75 when he passed away in the early hours of yesterday morning. May he rest in peace.
Re: RIP Hubert Lee
April 02, 2020 01:30AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login