Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Musics for Hard Times

Posted by Peacemakeya 
Musics for Hard Times
March 23, 2020 08:59PM
Greetings Reggae Lovers

When in times of trouble, my comfort sounds is often classic R&B and then the reggae versions as
these classics were a major inspiration to the reggae pioneers and they were all well covered.

Anyone else care to let us know your comfort sounds.

And, in the days of the reggae pioneers we used to value reasoning: "Come let us reason together
so that our shadow side come clean like the fresh fallen snow" We don't have to agree on everything.
"Wouldn't it be a drag of we were all the same." We need unity, not uniformity and the wisdom be that
reasonings help and inspire the human race evolve thru and over the tribulations of the rat race

- by Dr. Ira Byock, in his book on palliative medicine The Best Care Possible:
A Physician’s Quest to Transform Care Through the End of Life (Avery, 2012).

“Years ago, anthropologist Margaret Mead was asked by a student
what she considered the first sign of civilization in a culture.
The student expected Mead to talk about fish hooks or clay pots
or grinding stones.

But no, Mead said that the first sign of civilization in an ancient culture
was a femur (thighbone) that had been broken then healed. Mead explained,
that in the animal kingdom, if you break your leg, you die. You can not run
from danger, get to the river for a drink or hunt food. You are meat for prowling
beasts. No animal survives a broken leg long enough for the bone to heal.

A broken femur that has healed is proof that someone has taken time to stay with
the person who has fell, has bound up the wound, has carried the person to safety
and has tended the person through recovery. ‘Helping someone through difficulty
is where civilization starts’ said Mead.

We are at our best when we serve others. Be civilized.”
Re: Musics for Hard Times
March 24, 2020 02:09AM
Here's mine:

Love that reggae!
March 24, 2020 03:44AM
thank you for stand by me. beautiful. i just heard that song again and it calms me a little bit. just to share

March 24, 2020 03:42PM
March 24, 2020 03:46PM
March 24, 2020 03:49PM
March 24, 2020 04:59PM

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
March 24, 2020 05:06PM
Play this loud

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 05:10PM by Ras Matches.
March 24, 2020 05:29PM
Love the Margaret Mead story!
March 24, 2020 06:20PM
Loving the tunes ... especially the Wailing Souls 'Don't be DownHearted'
memories by the scores ... thx BV

Stay At Home - Dennis

this 1 not about the virus plague call to social isolate and, although it's a profound call to consciousness,
its not a comfort music to me, but the title is certainly catchy at this time

March 24, 2020 06:21PM
nomotrouble
Here's mine:

Great show!

Thanks for sharing this!
March 24, 2020 06:40PM

Just found this one after years. When the burden is too heavy the almighty will help carry hits hard. Best Dezarie song I've heard what are some others of the caliber?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 06:43PM by nato.
March 24, 2020 06:45PM
March 24, 2020 06:50PM
March 24, 2020 06:51PM

one of my favorites since I was a scrawny little kid. Personal strength with every note. If you've never heard this album put it on you won't be disappointed. Yes iyah!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2020 06:51PM by nato.
March 24, 2020 06:54PM
March 24, 2020 08:41PM
Those ones are nice BV. Thank you.
March 25, 2020 07:56PM
Doors Cover

Kahlil Gibran on Pain

Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. Even as the stone of the fruit must break, that its heart may stand in the sun, so must you know pain.

And could you keep your heart in wonder at the daily miracles of your life, your pain would not seem less wondrous than your joy; And you would accept the seasons of your heart, even as you have always accepted the seasons that pass over your fields. And you would watch with serenity through the winters of your grief.

Much of your pain is self-chosen. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore trust the physician, and drink XXX Gramma/Grampa's remedy in silence and tranquility: For XXX Great Spirit's hand, though heavy and hard, is guided by the tender hand of the Unseen, And the cup XXX Creator brings, though it burn your lips, has been fashioned of the clay which the Potter has moistened with XXX Gramma & Grampa's own sacred tears.

ps: For as wonderful as Gibran is, he was a a product of the Patriarchal era. I exercised the Spiritual Liberty to translate the word 'His' out of the demiurge confusion into Universal reality of the female/male 1ness. The daze of the Male Tribal War God is passing, including the fairytale that the aristocracy of Ethiopia is to be worshiped as Creator Incarnate. Take note that the Indigenous always credit Gramma first. Wee little men-tal time to realize wee men have brought this world to the brink of another mass extinction. Time again for the Grammas to lead. Ah'o
March 28, 2020 11:47PM

Any1 on this SNWMF Phorum interested in reasonings these dayz?
In the times of the reggae pioneers iNi highly valued reasoning.
All the time to hear paraphrasing from the ily bibby (Holy Bible) to say:
“Come let us reason together so that our shadow side come clean like
the fresh fallen snow” and a heap more colloquial ancient wisdoms:
“iron sharpens iron; porridge don’t sharpen iron” and
“Duppy know who to scare” (Duppy being creep vampire spirit)
and not just the ugly ones. The most dangerous are the attractive charismatic
inter-dimensional deceivers ... and “the deceived become deceivers.”

But reasoning gone thin in what’s called the reggae world these dayz. Some react
to reasonings in anger and go troll flame war. Others may feel life got other priorities
now with this Co-Vid19 crisis. But, the more perilous this world go should be the
time we need reasonings to help each other keep sharp?

The Diamonds definitely amongst the greats of the era and carry the love vibe
but me will reason to exercise the Spiritual Liberty to version the song lyric to say
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>'Great Spirit Will Work It In'<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
'Jah' is likely just another men-made anthropomorphic name from the Tribal War
G-d mentality. Just as the worship of terrestrial aristocracy brother Selassie somehow
shiftshape sidewayz into the fairytale he come as G-d incarnate. That B.S. and Selassie
himself said that is non-sense and, Bob M on his mortal death bed said same thing plus more.

Me predict when the full Yabby You story is published the further fullness of the Bob story and
the reggae pioneers, and further Universe(s) reality will be made known.

So Yea, come let us reason. We don't need uniformity. We need Unity, for as the Elders say:
"We all only see in small part and my way is not the only way. No one got to do it my way,
its just good and needfull that all find the way that works for them. Intention is more important than form"

Walk good sisters and brothers
Stay safe stay positive
Me 9sense worth for the day
Alex

-----------------------------------------

-JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL

Some helpful information circulating out of Johns Hopkins (Infectious Diseases):
* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (RNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam).
By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.
* NO BACTERICIDE OR ANTIBIOTIC SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; antibodies cannot kill what is not alive.
* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only
-between 3 hours (fabric and porous),
-4 hours (copper and wood)
-24 hours (cardboard),
- 42 hours (metal) and
-72 hours (plastic).
But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars.
They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin.
* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.
* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
* You have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better.
* Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2020 01:54AM by Peacemakeya.
April 01, 2020 04:02PM
How Deep Is Your Love ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login