SNWMF 2020 news
January 28, 2020 06:12AM
Dear Friends,
Below please find the link to the announcement we sent out earlier today. Thank you for your support for so many years. We value our "boardies" and look forward to celebrating the summer solstice with you in the future. Until then, please keep in touch and keep the music alive.

With respect -
Peace. Love. Music. always.
Epiphany Artists

SNWMF 2020 update

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2020 06:40AM by Publicity.
Re: SNWMF 2020 news
January 28, 2020 07:21AM
snwmf will be missed dearly. I wish Warren quick recovery and send all the love to him. i was lucky to participate to 18 of this beautiful event. i will miss the vibes and the people. one love
January 28, 2020 07:56AM
Alexandre
snwmf will be missed dearly. I wish Warren quick recovery and send all the love to him. i was lucky to participate to 18 of this beautiful event. i will miss the vibes and the people. one love

I also wish Warren the best in dealing with his health issues. I understand 100% the reason why there can be no SNWMF this year. Last year the PURE crew put on a one day festival the same weekend as SNWMF would have been held. And I seem to remember that they were considering doing the same this year (with two days) IF SNWMF didn't happen.

Does anyone have any insider info on that idea? I will be traveling to the US mainland June 8-18 to grade Advanced Placement Calculus exams in Kansas City and was hoping to make my much loved annual pilgrimage to my much loved annual Reggae festival after that. It's about that time that I need to start thinking about airline and hotel reservations.

Would appreciate any solid reliable info anyone might have.

Warren, you take care of your health...that't the most important thing.

Ever forward
Jah Son
January 28, 2020 11:43AM
Sending Love & Healing Vibes to Warren.
Dear SNWMF Family:

We hope your year will be rewarding, even despite the turmoils of our times.

We have struggled for many months now to make tough decisions about the future of SNWMF, but have been forced to again conclude we cannot adequately present it this year. Time has flown, and despite great effort to move 2020 forward, we just are not at a point where we can do so.

Our founder and guiding light Warren Smith’s health will not allow him to put in the time and energy required to pull together the “best fest in the West” as we have always aimed to present it. He is at home, relatively stable, but it is a very challenging situation requiring constant attention and too unpredictable for us to commit to all the many months required. Epiphany Artists has always been a very small team. We have conferred with veterans of our and other festivals, including exploring possible new partnerships and/or a smaller event, but have been forced to this sad conclusion. It is one which Warren fully supports and in fact proposed some time ago - although all of us have hoped against hope to still be able to pull everything together.

As we noted last year, nobody wishes for SNWMF to continue more than we do - for 25 years it was a joyful and proud highlight of our lives - truly a labor of love and music. But alas, we cannot in good conscience or health put on an inferior version of the festival, even though we still so wish to gather in June and see you all.

We trust and hope you understand this difficult decision. Your support and patience thus far has meant the world to us. We will keep our website, phorum and Facebook pages open for the community to continue to be in touch. While we hope to return in 2021, we cannot with confidence say yet if that will be the case, based on what has happened this year. But we will think, hope, and act with as much positivity as we can. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and blessings to all.

Yours in music and unity,

Epiphany Artists
January 28, 2020 05:25PM
I’m sorry to hear about Warren. Thanks for the memories.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
January 28, 2020 05:32PM
perfect opportunity for 'event professionals' who always chime in with how things should be run, to now propose a partnership or even start their own thing..
lemonade indeed..

blessings and healing to all involved still.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2020 05:34PM by bigvein.
January 28, 2020 10:06PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ makes me smile
February 08, 2020 10:37PM
bigvein
perfect opportunity for 'event professionals' who always chime in with how things should be run, to now propose a partnership or even start their own thing..
lemonade indeed..

LOL! Kind of guilty on another thread here. I will miss it and wish everyone involved with SNWMF the highest blessings.
February 10, 2020 04:54PM
bigvein
lemonade indeed..

Wouldn't it benefit us all if there were some actual "event professionals" who did step up and create their own successful festival? Well beyond my capabilities but I sure as hell would love for someone to fill the void. Seems possible since both the major festivals in Northern California are no longer functioning, but what do I know.
February 11, 2020 12:56AM
I always remember the quote that a successful "event professional" in NYC told me 30 years ago about promoting reggae shows..."If you want to make a small fortune promoting reggae...you need to start with a large one."

Seems like a risky, low-margin business proposition. Give thanks to the intrepid souls that have given us so much, so far.

And go see the Mighty Diamonds, if they are playing near you on the recent tour. They absolutely ruled Moe's Alley last Friday night.

Irie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2020 12:07AM by Jahsprey.
February 11, 2020 04:46AM
Jahsprey
a risky, low-margin business

thumbs up

Jahsprey
They absolutely ruled Moe's Alley last Friday night.

Indeed. smileys with beer

[www.RealitySounds.com]
[www.SantaCruzReggae.com]

#rastacruzreggae #santacruzreggae #realitysound #reality_sound
February 19, 2020 03:58AM
Jahsprey
Seems like a risky, low-margin business proposition. Give thanks to the intrepid souls that have given us so much, so far.

In my limited experience, it's all about trying not to lose money. Although that rarely happens.
February 27, 2020 04:58PM
not possible with the reggae music that people are listening to now (on a wide scale). You will always have people who listen to the classics but my very un scientific opinion is that most festivals ticket sales are driven by people 18-28 or so.. they are not turning out to see the Mighty Diamonds headline a festival.. or to see Max Romeo headline a show... You will get older people (like me) who want to go see those shows but you aren't going to get 7-10 thousand people turning out for a festival like that without the cache that a festival like SNWMF has. These same younger people already have Cali Roots and they are perfectly happy with that.
March 07, 2020 02:40PM
I read this update with a heavy heart: best wishes to Warren through these difficult times.

I attended SNWMF for ten years in a row (2003-2012), then left California and moved to the Netherlands for work. Every summer since I've thought about flying back for the festival, as much to catch up again with old friends as for the music, but there was always some reason not to. Last year I decided it was past time to make it happen for real and blocked out the time, only to hear about the cancellation. Looks now like I may have waited too long.

Thanks Warren and Gretchen for the wonderful times and memories, and once again best wishes to Warren for a full recovery. Thanks also everyone I met along the way who made the event so special (too many to list, but especially Jah Bill, in case you're still reading the forum); hope to see you all again somewhere down the road. If there's another SNWMF I'll be there.
March 08, 2020 05:07AM
a

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2020 07:19AM by Dondaren.
May 17, 2020 11:46PM
Bump to top. How is Warren doing?
May 21, 2020 03:15AM
Bump again
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login