Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

dead & co dec

Posted by Ras_Adam 
dead & co dec
December 17, 2019 10:31PM
Re: dead & co dec
December 20, 2019 06:17AM
John Mayer playing Jerry is so incredibly insulting. He would be so pissed.
December 20, 2019 05:02PM
westafari
John Mayer playing Jerry is so incredibly insulting. He would be so pissed.

Have you seen him play with them? All my deadhead friends completely disagree with that statement.
December 20, 2019 05:18PM
After the first year he was embraced by all. I just wish the tickets weren’t so damn expensive.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
December 20, 2019 11:19PM
They are a Grateful Dead tribute band, just like all the other post Jerry combinations. Sometimes a song will hit you just right, more often you mourn for what you are missing. At least this group doesn't have Phil trying to sing. That being said i've enjoyed the Phil and Friends shows i've seen more than the other combinations i've seen.

Love that reggae!
December 22, 2019 10:10PM
Yes Spliffp, I went to ALL the 50th Anniversary shows and a few at Shoreline. I don’t agree. Go check him out. He shouldn’t be filing in for Jerry. John might be a great guitarist (Probably one of the best) but he played “my body is a wonderland”. Are you freaking kidding me???

He came up as a women’s heart throb rock star, not a jam band heard core dead head. I would rather see Tre from Phish or Warren Hains fill in for Jerry. At least those two have been around the jam band scene when Jerry was alive.

Just my 2 cents.
December 23, 2019 11:20PM
Tre sucks if you ask me - way too sloppy imo.

Warren is good no matter who he's playing with, but he's more of a southern rocker...

No real complaints about Mayer, he did a good job when I saw them last year. Sounds like you don't like him because of his past image/song selections, rather than what he's doing within the GD fams?

That being said, I feel the Darkstar guy John Kadlecik fills his shoes the best. I just saw him this summer with the JGB/Melvin Seals, and if you close your eyes, it's not too hard to imagine Jerry doing the singing and fretwork.
December 24, 2019 03:33AM
That’s a good call Dubguy. Probably don’t like him due to his past songs and style. I would love to see Dark Star play with The Dead.
December 24, 2019 12:55PM
For me, Kadlecik comes as close to the real thing as we can get.

Love that reggae!
December 24, 2019 10:56PM
a recommendation for a roots reggae human who has never heard a Grateful Dead song?

Giving thanks!
December 24, 2019 11:30PM

a recommendation for a roots reggae human who has never heard a Grateful Dead song?

Expand your horizons.....
December 25, 2019 01:23AM
American Beauty is an excellent intro album imo....
December 25, 2019 01:28AM
AztecRasta
here's a recommended Grateful Dead song...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
December 25, 2019 05:21AM
December 25, 2019 05:32AM
Greetings ones and ones, Daniel with the quickness for a chuckle and Ras Danny with the assist!
Ras Adam, anyone, was Burning Spear the first to Big UP the GD?

trust me, "Two From the Vault":

[jerrygarcia.com]

[www.discogs.com]

AztecRasta
December 25, 2019 07:47PM
Workingman’s Dead is a great album as well.

Ras_Adam you nailed it. ”Estimated Profit” is my favorite dead song re-done by Burning Spear. So amazing!!! Favorite ever.

Merry Christmas everyone.
January 03, 2020 10:20PM
I think John Mayer is a perfect match- who else has the needed lead-singer ego to lead the band? Also, he has said on numerous occasions that playing with the band has changed him, musically and spiritually. A beneficial addition to both sides.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login