Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tiny Desk-Black Uhuru

Posted by Alexandre 
Tiny Desk-Black Uhuru
December 09, 2019 11:56PM
Re: Tiny Desk-Black Uhuru
December 10, 2019 03:39AM
I don’t know exactly what it is but I just can’t make myself like Andrew Bees voice and style. Maybe it’s because the three singers before him are some of the best reggae artist in the world. I have tried a few times to give him a second chance but I just don’t vibe with him. Oh well.
December 10, 2019 04:07AM
I hear you.

Definitely tough to follow.
December 10, 2019 05:52PM
Huh, I've always liked Andrew Bees, starting with his album "Militant" that he released before joining Black Uhuru in the late 90's / early 2000's. Have you heard that album? It's solid from start to end. He clearly fits squarely / authentically in that "Waterhouse" style of singing, and is therefore a natural fit for Black Uhuru, I also thought the first album he did with Black Uhuru "Unification" was a solid piece of work start to end. I also thought this tiny desk vid was nice. So, going to go ahead and disagree.
December 10, 2019 06:03PM
hard to please old school uhuru fans.. especially when the standard is set this high..

December 10, 2019 06:05PM
the show this year in sac with mikal rose was a bit disapointing for me.
December 10, 2019 07:59PM
Andrew Bees had a nice opening set prior to Half Pint here in San Rafael the other week. He was a humble brethren when we chatted prior to the show, and his voice was on point. It was a short set but he seemed well nice in my opinion.
December 10, 2019 09:46PM
I like Bees. Unification isn't exactly the rootsy or dubby vibe I prefer, but once it's playing I let it ride all the way through most times! Something kinda infectious about those tunes! And I agree his style fits Uhuru well, without being too similar.
December 13, 2019 11:15AM
The tiny desk performance isn't good...not is it black uhuru
December 13, 2019 03:31PM
Not good, how so? I just re-watched, and they actually murder it. solid musicianship across the board, the bass player and keyboardist are killing it in particular, and the vocal harmonies are on point. I also really enjoy the selection of tunes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2019 03:32PM by treez.
December 13, 2019 03:31PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/13/2019 03:31PM by treez.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login