Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just Wondering

Posted by Ninja 
Just Wondering
December 02, 2019 09:09PM
is 2020 back on? is it the sort of thing I will be getting yelled at for asking?
Re: Just Wondering
December 03, 2019 06:35PM
Pretty sure everyone has the same question. Yell all they want, they also want to know.
December 03, 2019 07:30PM
no coincidence that the 'demise' of many these shows also started around the time of certain CA state bills being passed.

basically what this guy is saying here starting at 1:45

?t=105
December 03, 2019 08:50PM
actually it is coincidence. one festivals promoter got very sick and the other one had internal organizational issues... nothing to do with anything else besides that.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
December 03, 2019 09:01PM
I think a clue is in another thread titled Foward Daniel...
The quote reads “ Stay tuned for more news soon. “

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
December 04, 2019 04:24PM
i agree and made the same comment early in that thread...
in fact i don't remember Early Bird offers for SNWMF happening before this time each year...

Ras Matches
I think a clue is in another thread titled Foward Daniel...
The quote reads “ Stay tuned for more news soon. “

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
December 04, 2019 04:47PM
I am hoping that 2020 is the year when the norcal reggae runnings come into full focus with snwmf and reggae on the river combining into one quality festival. That would be the only thing that makes sense, to me, as a supporter of both fests.

There is no snwmf weekend scheduled on the fairground summer listings so far, and rotr has been in shambles for years.

Just a thought....
December 04, 2019 06:45PM
I just remember the early birds going on sale around Christmas that is why I was asking..
December 04, 2019 07:52PM
HiGrade1
actually it is coincidence. one festivals promoter got very sick and the other one had internal organizational issues... nothing to do with anything else besides that.

This is somewhat true but 10 - 15 years ago RoR would have still been a smash hit. 10 -15 years ago Mateel probably would not have needed High Times to swoop in, they would have likely been able to generate funding locally, which is what they historically have done. The down turn in the small grower economy will have a massive effect on both of these festivals being able to be successful in the future if they can get back to regular programing.
December 04, 2019 08:43PM
in the mold of "Just Wondering".. this is like any other business. Those who do it well survive... those who don't don't. I don't mean all you have to do is grow good herb, you have to market it as well. Just like anything. In Oregon we have a massive (funny that it is massive Micro Brew industry.. where the Macro Brewer is at a large disadvantage. Why is it that those running the tap houses aka herb stores are not purchasing from the smaller growers? Why aren't the smaller growers doing a better job of marketing their product as local, superior etc. This has always confused me. .
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login