Mahdah Urf

Posted by Ras Matches 
Mahdah Urf
October 29, 2019 02:45PM

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
Re: Mahdah Urf
October 29, 2019 04:16PM
carbon footprint huh? lets discuss.

1. how many global datacenters are used to store this ONE video ?
2. how much electricity does it take to keep these datacenters online ?
3. how much electricity does it take to transmit this video to millions of viewers across the globe?
4. how much plastic and petroleum based products are used to view this video ?
5. how much electricity does it take to power devices used to view this video.
6. how much electricity and petroleum based products are used to transport these devices from start of manufacturing, then to the hands of consumers ?
7. did we forget about device packaging using paper, plastics and other evils of the west ?
8. etc, etc

so to me, to view this one video alone, leaves a much larger 'carbon footprint' then they would ever "hope" to prevent.
October 29, 2019 04:48PM
So... you don’t use tech? Or drive a car? Eat? Maybe you should not watch this video?

Also, how are artists supposed to relay their messages? Suggestions?

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2019 04:52PM by Ras Matches.
October 29, 2019 05:23PM
i eat 4lbs of ribeye per day.. so based on that you know what side of the 'global' fence i sit.

that said..

suggestions ?

what happened to good old fashioned foot work? street teams? releasing the single on vinyl ? cds?

it's intellectually and physically lazy to preach about the ills of mass production and corporatism.. all the while requiring
your media to be stored/transmitted/viewed using the end products of said mass production and corporatism..

these protesting artists do have a choice.

in the end, i just see them as virtue signalling and not really being true to their supposed cause.
October 29, 2019 05:36PM
Yeah, I can see Buju and Sizzla handing out CDs now.
I like your ideas but it’s just completely unrealistic to expect artists in a world of tech to go door to door.
How big a foot print were these productions. How many people flew in for we are the world.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
October 29, 2019 05:41PM
the referenced songs are not peddling this whole eco-mandate of living in a shoe box or replacing our cars with hybrid-push-electro scooters.
so the comparison doesnt fly.
October 29, 2019 06:03PM
big up the reasoning still..
October 29, 2019 09:42PM
bigvein

so to me, to view this one video alone, leaves a much larger 'carbon footprint' then they would ever "hope" to prevent.

I can respect your opinion , do you have any proof? On what basis ?

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
October 30, 2019 03:25PM
as soon as you are born, especially in the rich countries and cities, you use resources that are detrimental to our home. we are not in tune with the nature the way we should be anymore so those discussion are obsolete. we should live where we are born with the resources around us but we know we don't go backward but forward, always, so it wont happen until it has too.
planet does not need human we need the planet that is why we are so worried. human is a plague to this planet but nature will regulate itself and get ride of the 'bad cells' for a new start. earth is not going anywhere
October 30, 2019 05:44PM
Mahdah Url
Beautiful song. Give thanks

“A miraculous healing awaits this planet once we accept our new responsibility to collectively tend the Garden rather than fight over the turf.” – Bruce H. Lipton

[/video]
October 31, 2019 12:42AM
Nice reggae remix, though I gotta give credit to Lil' Dicky for the original...

October 31, 2019 03:06AM
And Bigvein, they've all got a computer in their pocket that alone creates a never ending carbon footprint, and no matter their politics, no one wants to give up the electronics. Homeless dudes living on the streets have them. Where's the movement to reject the 24 hour tracking and loss of privacy that these little devils have brought us?

Love that reggae!
October 31, 2019 05:07AM
Well said Alexandre, my sentiments exactly...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login