Posted by Donovan 
Best up-to-date sites
October 15, 2019 11:31PM
My four favorite sites to visit daily were:

Blood and Fire Forum
Roots Archives
Achis Reggae Blog
Reggae Vibes

three of the four are long gone and I don't know where to go for news, rumors and reviews. So what are the better sites to keep up? Right now I've just got Rootfire and Reggae Vibes. This site is cool but pretty slow. I don't do facebook so those are out.
Re: Best up-to-date sites
October 16, 2019 12:12AM
good sites are hard to come by. I especially miss good reviews of albums, Although there are still some sites doing that work.

Speaking of reviews....

thumbs down for the latest ska release from Michael Rose. No need to venture into the ska world. Seems like an attempt to do something different.

It was sad hearing Yellowman on his interview with Sir David Rodigan a few weeks ago. The effects of cancer have really taken their toll on his voice (let alone his deejaying voice). Although he had too many songs dealing with slackness, his personal story of triumph over incredible obstacles is inspiring.

I was able to catch Steel Pulse in late August. I was impressed with David's voice and his energy (he's not getting any younger). I only wish they could have brought a full brass section to provide more melodies and a bit of punch.

A moment of reggae zen, courtesy of D Brown
October 16, 2019 01:00AM
Donovan say

This site is cool but pretty slow. I don't do facebook so those are out.

I don't do FB either. Until recently I was living remote up in the mountains where there was no
highspeed so i didn't have access to FB and now that i do have access I'm not interested except
for a precious few FB which more serve as multi-media type journals.

I too feeling somewhat sad about Blood and Fire forum biting the dust and likewise the attendance of
this forum decreasing too due to the entropy of the FaKebook and Twit-type age.

Confucius say

A friend is not something you computer click on. A friend is someone you click with.

To i, this next generation's social media is more personal or organizational focused, while
the previous forum formats were more topic and theme focused but, c'est la vie. Perhaps
when i have some new music to publicize I'll publicize via a FB page but, for now no time
for too much of those anti-social medias

Daniel & SNWMF familia - Do hope you keep this forum live. If you even need a hand
don't feel no way to call for support, even a likkle crowdfunding$ if need be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2019 01:27AM by Peacemakeya.
October 16, 2019 01:30AM
Oh Yeah, Midnight Raver seems to have gone belly-up also. That was a great site sad smiley
October 16, 2019 01:35AM
Reggaeville is great!
October 16, 2019 01:40AM
Thanks, I'll check it out!
October 23, 2019 05:11PM
Pama forum is where many of the B&F and Roots Archive members migrated. Plenty of knowledge folks there. It's not just discussion of Pama.

Facebook, for all its fault, is the most active community for reggae discussion. The Blood & Fire and Roots Knotty Roots groups are worth checking out, but not as useful or searchable as the forum format.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2019 05:11PM by Billy_Boom.
October 24, 2019 12:34AM
i regularly follow these pages (for reggae related news)...
Reggae Vibes Online Reggae & Dancehall Magazine
reggae.fr
Reggae Unite Blog
NEWS NOW./Entertainment & Arts/Music/Reggae
Reggaeville.com
and
Jamaicans.com
as well as this Phorum...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login