Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where's Buju's new music??

Posted by Rasagenor 
Where's Buju's new music??
September 19, 2019 03:57AM
I thought the song "Country For Sale" was great. Not as into "Steppa"

I'm genuinely shocked that he hasn't released an album. The man had nothing to do but reflect for quite a few years. I understand that now a days the money is in touring, but I'm still very surprised. Today's artists generally aren't as prolific as those in the 70's, but I thought that Buju would set a new tone regarding that.

Was anyone else hoping for/expecting new music from Buju?
Re: Where's Buju's new music??
September 19, 2019 10:11AM
I'm still waiting to hear an apology from him. In terms of music, he should take his time. If he doesn't have a few hits, he will slowly become irrelevant. Agent Sasco sounds like him but actually puts out higher quality material
September 19, 2019 05:00PM
He doesn't owe anyone an apology, that's ridiculous.
September 19, 2019 05:07PM
chronicom420
He doesn't owe anyone an apology, that's ridiculous.

Yeah right that was a weird comment.
September 19, 2019 05:37PM
who waits longer... the person waiting for a musician to apologize when he or she has done nothing wrong to you or BMW waiting in vain for your love?
September 20, 2019 01:17AM
Uhmmm...

“He told Johnson he wanted to give him money so he could buy and sell the drugs - but the singer did not want to be more involved.

"All I do is finance," Banton said”.

How about....”I feel like I let down my fans by making some bad choices which led me to jail. Although everything that’s been said is not true… I still feel the fans deserve better than some of the choices I made.”
September 20, 2019 01:39AM
Has no one done a drug deal before? Cannabis is even a schedule 1 drug.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
September 20, 2019 01:42AM
Ras Matches

thread done!!
September 20, 2019 02:00AM
Apologize for what?

He got out and apologized for homophobic lyrics. Apologize for the coke thing? I could care less, and I imagine that most of his fans agree. I'm not looking to have him babysit; I'm looking to hear new tunes.

He was away for so long that I figured that he had an arsenal of music ready to trickle out. In terms of "taking his time", he has been out for almost a year, with only a few songs released.

Time for some killer tunes!!
September 20, 2019 01:29PM
I hear Donovan Germaine is producing an album but its still in the oven. They were aiming to release it by the end of summer...maybe a surprise is on the way.
September 20, 2019 07:07PM
Ras Matches

[www.RealitySounds.com]
[www.SantaCruzReggae.com]

#rastacruzreggae #santacruzreggae #realitysound #reality_sound
September 21, 2019 04:23PM

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
September 23, 2019 04:56PM
September 23, 2019 07:57PM
Buju's music has been a privilege. It was here and then it was gone and now it has come back. I don't look at this guy as owing me an apology because he didn't do anything to me. I also think any person who has done time no longer needs to apologize. It is strange that anyone would feel any differently.. now having said that.. I would be privileged to listen to some new Buju.. sooner rather than later.
September 30, 2019 09:42PM
Ninj

Buju's music has been a privilege. It was here and then it was gone and now it has come back. I don't look at this guy as owing me an apology because he didn't do anything to me. I also think any person who has done time no longer needs to apologize. It is strange that anyone would feel any differently

Depend how you see it. Way I see it them who have the blood of millions on their filthy hands have done something to me because all life is linked and we all the children of 1 Universal family. These drug vampire networks are directly responsible for the mass murder of many of our S. American indigenous family and then they complicit in the sabotage of community and the mass murder of many on the consumption user side including those I’ve personally known & loved.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/oct/28/nasa-colombia-cauca-valley-battle-mother-land

In this age of moral relativism think whatever you want and fool yourself, but you ain’t fooling those who know better and you ain’t fooling those who know true livity ain’t follow fashion monkey. Them claim reggae but more time them don't even sing no more. Them bark like dog. That ain’t reggae!

Yea, compassion to all including the sick little brother in question. But it ain’t anything goes. To date there has not been a word of remorse from the sick little brother. Giving away little box lunch on the street in front of camera is not acknowledgement of complicity in mass murder. Nor is setting up a little charitable foundation. How many vampire set up supposed charitable front to launder their image?

There come a time for the adults in the family to bring the brats to order. The indigenous way is to control the sociopath and the psycho into the village center and doctor them till they better.

video: [www.kindspring.org]

Posted this previous but no one pick up the reasoning

Luci sharing some insights about these issues (starting 4:00) if ya don't speak Patwa suggest visit your nearest coherent Jamaican for a translation. He also talking some truth about misuse of the cannabis medicine part of the troubles too.

The boy is question is very talented. Hopefully he tame the ego to find the sufficient inner transformation to use that talent in real service to family.

“Music is a part of us and either enobles or degrades our behaviour.” – Boethius

“"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for it's children" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
October 01, 2019 04:26PM
easy with the T-Mckenna heroic, ego death, doses there Pops.
the new swing is to microdose..

Peacemakeya
Ninj

Buju's music has been a privilege. It was here and then it was gone and now it has come back. I don't look at this guy as owing me an apology because he didn't do anything to me. I also think any person who has done time no longer needs to apologize. It is strange that anyone would feel any differently

Depend how you see it. Way I see it them who have the blood of millions on their filthy hands have done something to me because all life is linked and we all the children of 1 Universal family. These drug vampire networks are directly responsible for the mass murder of many of our S. American indigenous family and then they complicit in the sabotage of community and the mass murder of many on the consumption user side including those I’ve personally known & loved.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/oct/28/nasa-colombia-cauca-valley-battle-mother-land

In this age of moral relativism think whatever you want and fool yourself, but you ain’t fooling those who know better and you ain’t fooling those who know true livity ain’t follow fashion monkey. Them claim reggae but more time them don't even sing no more. Them bark like dog. That ain’t reggae!

Yea, compassion to all including the sick little brother in question. But it ain’t anything goes. To date there has not been a word of remorse from the sick little brother. Giving away little box lunch on the street in front of camera is not acknowledgement of complicity in mass murder. Nor is setting up a little charitable foundation. How many vampire set up supposed charitable front to launder their image?

There come a time for the adults in the family to bring the brats to order. The indigenous way is to control the sociopath and the psycho into the village center and doctor them till they better.

video: [www.kindspring.org]

Posted this previous but no one pick up the reasoning

Luci sharing some insights about these issues (starting 4:00) if ya don't speak Patwa suggest visit your nearest coherent Jamaican for a translation. He also talking some truth about misuse of the cannabis medicine part of the troubles too.

The boy is question is very talented. Hopefully he tame the ego to find the sufficient inner transformation to use that talent in real service to family.

“Music is a part of us and either enobles or degrades our behaviour.” – Boethius

“"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for it's children" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
October 07, 2019 07:35PM
BV say

easy with the T-Mckenna heroic, ego death, doses there Pops.
the new swing is to microdose..

Didn't say 'ego death' ... said "tame the ego."

2 different thing as, to the best of my knowledge, the ego is part of our earth-runnings survival tool-kit so we not in this world curriculum to kill ego, only learn to tame it, cuz it ain't supposed to be the boss running things.

Been hearing about the new 'microdose' movement but not interested. I experienced most of the entheogens from the 1960's including the Native American Church peyote ceremonies but, now with further life experience, for me it was superficial. Playing with energies rather than direct inter-dimensional coherent contact with the ancestors.

Carl Jung spoke extensively about his first-hand experience with entheogens. Two thing he said: 1) It's striving for quicky unearned wisdom instead of doing the challenging inner-life work of facing ourself, and 2) Careful what you ask of the God(s) because if you don't know the ins & outs of discernment some of those inter-dimensional bozos will give you some baggage that is difficult to unload.

But we detouring from the subject matter of this topic? Corrupted boyz with the blood of millions pon their dirty hands; sadly in these times being put up pon the big stage as supposed role models for the youth of tomorrow?

No one yet to comment on this reasoning from the previous 'Dunce Hell' topic

Yabby You

Careful lest you be deceived and become a deceiver
November 02, 2019 05:02PM
Any one care to respond to the Luciano & Wayne Irie reasonings in this thread?

If history teach us anything, unfortunately all to often we humans have to learn
our lessons the hard way.

di wise 1 learn from di mistakes of uhdahs, di fool mus learn from dem own mistakes
November 03, 2019 03:24AM

"Trust Issues"
November 14, 2019 10:50PM
November 22, 2019 12:50PM
more autotune trash oh joy
[urbanislandz.com]
November 22, 2019 05:05PM
November 22, 2019 10:02PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login