PURE Music & Arts FEST Sat. June 22nd Penn Valley, CA.
June 09, 2019 03:14AM
Mikey General ~ Kulcha Knox ~ General Smiley ~ Mada Nile ~ Ras Attitude ~ Tuff Lion Walker P & the Clarks All Stars ~ Lee Tafari ~ Asheba ~ Quinto Sol ~ Keyser Soze ~ Better Chemistry ~ Noble Culture ~ Kolum ~ Biblical..... and more + selections by Jah Mikey One n Dj Treez...

11:00am-9:00pm Western Gateway Park Pavilion (which looks really nice, tons of green grass and lots of trees for shade) Penn Valley (near Grass Valley...) Lots of great music, food, arts, crafts, family n friends!!!

Anyone interested in getting a booth to vend, there is still room, email Grizz at puremusicandart@gmail.com
There may be for food as well but not sure bout that (not that involved, just giving a strength)

Advance tickets [www.eventbrite.com]
fb event pg [www.facebook.com]
Re: PURE Music & Arts FEST Sat. June 22nd Penn Valley, CA.
June 09, 2019 06:05PM
June 10, 2019 02:44PM
Can I bring my dog?
Can I camp for free nearby?
June 11, 2019 03:30PM
I can never recommend dogs at festivals unless they are service dogs. That being said, the park itself is dog friendly on leash at all times (unless in a specified off-leash area). There isn't much in the way of tent style campsites around - maybe Rollins Lake. County fairgrounds for trailers, neither is free.
June 11, 2019 10:01PM
should be physical copies of Mikey's latest album Tewahedo on hand for this event.... Next batch being printed up as I type
June 14, 2019 04:31PM
ROLL CALL!
Who is headed to the nice, cool foothills for an IRIE time?
See you there!
June 15, 2019 12:28AM
Heading out with my boys, hope the hills are nice and cool; I know solstice weekend is always a scorcher
June 15, 2019 12:31AM
Thanks Evan...maybe all just do a day trip and leave the tent and dog at home...
Does anyone remember the renegade festival at morning star lake? I think it was down near the same parts? That was such a sweet venue and line up!
June 15, 2019 03:26AM
Vibez UP friends & family, this one will be large. There are are more artists on this one day line up than all three days at ROTR.

"The Clarks All Star Band will be Steppin Forward, fully laced by the addition of Grammny nominated keyboardist “King Hopeton” and the award winning "Celebrity Horns" duo of Balboa Becker and Garrett Kobsef. Master Drummer, Alton "Sandrum" Vanhorne will be the "commander of time" as he chairs the drum kit throughout! The featured Bassist on this performance is respected veteran Guno Ronde who is a foundation member of The Clarks Band. Guitarists Tuff Lion and Walker P. will be “choppin” up a bevy of custom Ibanez guitars and others that they use in recordings to keep the sounds of the music authentic and pure. It is through the pure love of music and level of talent that these assembled players use collectively that will ensure a “musical" representation of integrity and quality for any and all who will partake in this awesome experience!"

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
June 15, 2019 08:34AM
Looking forward!
I have a faint recollection of the renegade fest, now that you bring it up
June 15, 2019 12:27PM
My new camera arrives on monday. 4K. This festival will be the bandaid over the wound that is the absence of Sierra Nevada. My wife and i said a few words for Warren and Gretchen last night. Love you guys.

For all of you wondering if you should go, don't hesitate. These guys are roots and culture.

Love that reggae!
June 15, 2019 03:22PM
I had my heart set on going to this one day fest but Dana Cory's Celebration of Life is happening the same day. Anyone whoever visited the press tent at ROTR will remember her. She was involved for so many years getting all the releases from artists to go live on KMUD. I'm having a hard time trying to post a photo. Anyway have a good time for me............
June 15, 2019 05:02PM
June 21, 2019 12:53AM
Countdown beginning - saw the big posters up at the entrance to Hwy. 49/20 in town. The weather is looking nice enough so you should be packing! Don't sleep on this one folks.
June 21, 2019 02:29PM
I'm headin up this afternoon, got all the batteries charged and cameras ready to go.

Love that reggae!
June 21, 2019 04:58PM
See you guys bright n early tomorrow morning! Showtime starts at 11am and should be packed solid with good music straight through, from what I overs, ya dont wanna miss a moment.
June 22, 2019 01:02AM
I will cya'll there
Right down the road how sweet
Listen to kvmr.org or 89.5fm to ital culture for added info
June 25, 2019 12:23AM
Pretty irie vibes up in Penn Valley, curious to hear what everyone thought of the experience. Give thanks for the gathering and music!
June 25, 2019 04:36AM
Very irie vibes. Awesome venue and stage. Many great performers, i recorded all of them. Good food and vendors. First time i've ever been at a festival and the venue gave permission to go an hour over the limit. Ever. That hour was a great mashup of artists playing in front of the Clarks Band. I was hoping if i ran all the cameras (five of them now) on tripods most of the time and just held my new 4k model occasionally i would be more rested, that didn't really work out. Got some great video, pretty beat up by the time i got home. 1.2 TB's of data from one day. welcome to 4k.

Finally put a face to Africa Al! Good stuff.

Love that reggae!
June 26, 2019 04:01PM
Give thanks to the massive and krew for all of the support. This was an amazing event and there is great potential for growth at the venue. Really nice to see everyone. Family vibes.

I would love any constructive criticism or other feedback on this event. Feel free to link me at djtreez@att.net.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2019 10:15PM by DJ Treez.
June 27, 2019 12:10AM
Yea nomo it was kool to see ya too & the rest of the foothill family, & yea great venue in the city. Kool fest & hope it contiues in the future, music good & i could of used more Mikey General-alot more

One love
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login