Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Closer to the Sun Festival - Riviera Maya

Posted by jcom 
Closer to the Sun Festival - Riviera Maya
June 01, 2019 09:12PM
Has anyone been to the Closer to the Sun Festival - Riviera Maya? If so, I'd like to hear your thoughts. Looks like an awesome venue with main stage in pavilion and another day stage right on the beach so you can kick it in the water.
Re: Closer to the Sun Festival - Riviera Maya
June 02, 2019 06:20AM
Looks like a frat boy spring break type of crowd to me. No thanks.
June 03, 2019 03:55PM
be careful with sterotypes. If someone said SNWMF was a stinky hippy type crowd.. they would be incorrect.

Never been to Closer to the Sun but I can't imagine it would be a bad time.
June 03, 2019 07:58PM
^^^ I agreee and, yeah, stand alone, 5 star hotel south of Playa del Carmen (not the @#$%& show of Cancun). All inclusive - concert access, food, alcohol, etc., etc. The remaining rooms are away from the stage areas, which I would definitely prefer for some peace and quiet. Pools and waterpark look nice. I assume the people who booked the suites overlooking the stage are major partiers and will be up all night. Many of the bands are performing on multiple nights so you wouldn't have to risk missing them. 80% of the rooms sold out the day they went on sale and only a few remain. I highly doubt we will make it, but seems like a fun thing to do when it's cold here in December.
June 04, 2019 12:05AM
I mean, yes, that's pretty cool to be able to see the stage from the water, but I checked out the website and saw the photos and it just looked like a "spring break" type of crowd. Not my thang, but that's cool if it's yours. Water parks, "all inclusive" hotels, etc. has never appealed to me and personally I don't think it matches a roots reggae festival (which obviously it's not). Not that I can afford it anyway.

I much prefer a grass-roots type of festival like SNWMF or ROTR, and it's a better match for reggae...
June 04, 2019 01:14AM
so do I but... if I was forced to go I think I would find a way to enjoy myself smiling smiley
June 04, 2019 08:04PM
Jcom I'm with you man - it just seems as though we have a dearth of quality festivals to attend or even have the option of going to this year ----I think we are going through the withdrawal of not having -elephant in the room- Sierra Nevada to look forward to... It will work out Jcom- I'm here for you-I always have been a champion of your taste through thick and thin - If you need someone to talk to I'm here man ....that festy that you're talking about in UTAH looks promising , the Austin Reggae Festival was awesome this year...

.but .hahahahahahahahaahahahahaha this Riviera Maya business looks like something I wouldn't want to be 1000 miles near -call me codgerly call me old I don't mind...

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
June 04, 2019 09:02PM
be careful with sterotypes. If someone said SNWMF was a stinky hippy type crowd.. they would be incorrect.

hahahaha patronization alert NINJAfeeling red smiley

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
June 04, 2019 11:24PM
yeah i am pretty depressed not to go to SNWMF this year but that rivera fest you would have to give me a 1000$ to attendsmiling smiley
June 05, 2019 04:02PM
well that was putting it nicely.. many people that swear they are "woke" do the same thing that the people they are slandering do. thank you for your alert though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login