Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why Boonville?

Posted by Rasagenor 
Why Boonville?
April 23, 2019 11:56PM
The last couple of years the heat of SNWMF has been nothing short of brutal. I've kinda felt like I'm just trying to survive the day so I don't enjoy it as much as I would if the weather were decent. It's been so hot!! I really feel like this festival would be so much better if it the backdrop was the ocean, and the breeze would be welcomed.

Am I alone in feeling like this?
Re: Why Boonville?
April 24, 2019 12:22AM
not alone. i am afraid i will not be making the trod if it continues with this pattern...sad smiley

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
April 24, 2019 01:17AM
Could you also attribute that to age? Personally the older I get, the less tolerant I am of extreme temperatures. Too bad festivals don’t relocate very often.

Edit: it was almost unbearable last year. One of my camp neighbors was so hot she got picked up and went home.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2019 03:01AM by Ras Matches.
April 24, 2019 01:43AM
It is not like booking a fairground is like booking a hotel room. There are a shitload of factors involved. Being on the ocean in Cali is generally cold and foggy so.......

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
April 24, 2019 01:52AM
in the ten or so years i've been going, i would say boonville is 40 percent too hot, 30 percent too cold, and 30 percent about right. the last couple years, when i've driven to the coast after the fest, i had to get within a mile for it to be cool. I would say that if you were that close to the ocean it would be 60 percent too cold, 38 percent just right, and 2 percent too hot.

Love that reggae!
April 24, 2019 02:36AM
Matches: No, nothing to do with age.I'm fairly young, from a warm climate, but the day at SNWMF is a long one, and the heat absolutely puts a damper on it.

Treez: I get that its not like looking for a hotel room; and i get that there are a "shitload of factors". That doesn't mean that it's not worth discussing so..........

Nomo: I guess I put my foot in my mouth with the ocean comment (I'm not from Cali, didn't know the ocean breeze was that cold over there), but 38 is still >30. Maybe if they put it on a river spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

They could call it reggae on the...............

Hmmmm
April 24, 2019 11:17AM
that other fest has been blazing hot even more than snwmf, and usually the river is a series of fetid pools by then. Send Jah a message.....

Love that reggae!
April 24, 2019 01:52PM
Reggae in the Park and Monterey Reggae Fest were both close to the ocean. I went regularly while they ran....and I had some of thee dankest, coldest, and grey-est days of reggae in my life.

I'd much rather be over-heated with shade and cold beer available than cold and wet with a cup of coffee in hand.
April 24, 2019 06:51PM
I say its PERFECT location and PERFECT Weather!! you guys are too picky.. and guess what!?! This year you can go wherever you want cause there is NO FESTIE!!!
AJ
April 24, 2019 07:15PM
Loved Angels Camp and love Boonville smiling smiley
Hot, cool, windy, cold or perfect weather.........it's all good. Beats no festival....right?

Cheers
April 25, 2019 05:24AM
Boomville is all good. Keep it rockin in 2020.
April 27, 2019 10:28PM
Boonville is 100% better than Angel's Camp. That place was way too hot & dusty, and the concert bowl kinda sucked. I guess the camping area was better there though.

Yes, the last couple of years at Boonville have been hella hot, but be careful what you complain about, because the next time it could be cloudy and/or rainy with temps barely cracking 70...
April 27, 2019 11:44PM
Agreed, I'd rather be hot than cold anyday. Just starting a friendly conversation.Ppl travel from all corners of the earch to see this festival, so I was wondering if alternative venues had ever been discussed (meaning anywhere in the US) or considered. Totally get it and agree though... better hot and sunny than cold and wet!!
April 29, 2019 08:29PM
I agree with Ja-lover perfect weather and location. too picky indeed!
April 29, 2019 11:52PM
BOOMVILLE
April 30, 2019 08:02PM
BOOMVILLE rocks!! Boonville is so much nicer to have SNWMF at than Angel's Camp. The last couple of fests at Angel's Camp were way too hot. I remember having a shade tent in the concert bowl one of those years, and it was so hot, people coming into the concert bowl were taking shade breaks under my tent! The only thing I miss about Angel's Camp is the concert bowl.
April 30, 2019 10:38PM
In terms of concert bowls, the Marysville site was the best of the best!
May 01, 2019 07:25AM
too bad the youth spoiled it
May 03, 2019 05:23PM
More shaded area's at the main stage would help.. is there a reason they can't extend that shade area a little further? Sound? blocked views? Not sure but it seems like having an area that is shaded for those who choose to stand and dance would be helpful.
May 12, 2019 02:43AM
Reggabe
In terms of concert bowls, the Marysville site was the best of the best!

^^^ Agreed. 1st time I went, played naked frisbee and had beers with a bunch of hotties in the cold Feather River.
May 12, 2019 05:58PM
anyone have photos of both the Marysville site?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login