Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Booking Request SNWMF 2020

Posted by Peacemakeya 
Booking Request SNWMF 2020
March 10, 2019 06:21PM
smiling smiley Just saying ... Have a deserved rest SNWMF principals. Ya deserve it & looking forward to seeing ya take it to the next level again in the future

I don't have a request yet but no doubt the massive have nuff nuff ... only thing I'll ask is continue the same high standards of Roots, Culture & Community Upliftment that has made SNWMF a shining light
Re: Booking Request SNWMF 2020
May 02, 2019 04:54PM
Top 10 on the UK pop charts

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/song-made-up-entirely-of-bird-calls-is-climbing-up-the-music-charts-watch-the-enchanting-music-video/

they certainly qualify as 'World Music' & wouldn't that be interesting backstage ... their band manager is quite the character ... beyond words actually
May 03, 2019 05:50PM
have some headliners who will pack the place. We have all day to listen to and enjoy the acts that have built the foundation. I love bands like Steel Pulse.. Not a knock on them at all.. but people will come from miles to see some of the bands that the board seems to have "disdain" for. You got to have one or two of them on here so that the festival makes it another 25 years. I don't like SOJA more than I like say Max Romeo or Rankin Joe.. but the last couple years have seen a drop in attendance... not having viable bands that people who don't really know a lot about reggae will pay for is a one way ticket to extinction IMO.
May 09, 2019 04:09PM
The Mi'mag (pronounced Meeg'mah) from the E. of Canada

May 10, 2019 04:27AM
Thanks for posting this Peacemakeya. Emma recorded the song as part of the UN Year of the Indigenous Languages.
June 24, 2019 07:46PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2019 08:35PM by Peacemakeya.
July 02, 2019 04:24PM
July 03, 2019 11:02PM
Dogon Lights.

Saw them last Saturday night at Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz. Great afro beat funk that would be perfect for snwmf.

Check'm out. Haile recommended.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2019 12:29AM by Jahsprey.
October 22, 2019 09:08PM
October 23, 2019 08:44PM
Beautiful
October 24, 2019 02:19PM
Stonebwoy and the Fireman Crew

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
November 18, 2019 05:15PM
David Rodigan & The Outlook Orchestra

November 18, 2019 10:33PM
Sorry Ninja but you are so wrong about "people will come from miles to see some of the bands that the board seems to have "disdain" for. You got to have one or two of them on here so that the festival makes it another 25 years." It sure didn't work for ROTR. Having Slightly Stoopid was a big mistake!!! It did not bring in more people actually the opposite. ROTR took heat for bringing them!!! And they were the worst band to work with. They were rude beyond words. I was sitting in a chair on the side of the stage when their road manager came over with all the water bottles that the stage manager had put out by every musician of their band. He literally threw them in my lap (About a dozen of them) and said they had their own coolers with their own. Turns out it was all hard alcohol they were drinking on stage. Then when ROTR emcee was walking out to introduce them their sound man came over and grabbed the mike from him and shoved him aside. And then went out there and make some crude intro with sexual connotations that was insulting to the young woman in the audience. I've had stage crew tell me they would never again work with Soja because they were so demanding. I could go on and on. I'm sure not all the others so called "disdain" for bands are not like that. Stick Figure are really nice and a joy to work with. But bottom line having some of these bands is not going to save Roots fests and keep them going for another 25 yrs................
December 02, 2019 09:23PM
a couple things. I am not wrong that people will travel for miles to see them. This is proven over and over again. I was not talking specifically about Slightly Stoopid but it has been a minute so maybe I was. Drinking on stage doesn't rate with me as a reason to not have a band. Them being rude? maybe I don't know but I just not that 99.999 of people don't get to experience what goes on in the position you do. Their experience is is the band good or not. Can they play music or not. I don't know about a sound man pushing them aside. Who knows what that one moment in time was like. I have no idea about this. Sounds like a bad experience working with this band. Musicians being demanding is also not a reason why I don't think you book a band... sexual connotations? This is reggae and I don't think reggae is without sexual connotation.. AFTER all of that.. if you want people to come to your show.. you have to look at the demographic that is paying for tickets and attending 3 day festivals. You either attract some of those people or you are not going to be long to the 3 day festival scene. SNWMF has done that very well over the years. I suggest they continue to do so. It is already getting harder and harder. Just look at the top 10 reggae records out right now. Most of them are US born singers and wouldn't even qualify as reggae in a place like Jamaica. The Movement, Fortunate Youth, SOJA, Rebelution, Slighly Stoopid, 311, Dirty Heads, Stick Figure.. on and on. I am not saying hey.. get all those bands and SNWMF will live on. I am saying.. you might want to look at 1 or 2 of them and integrate them in with the others. I still remember when Michael Franti was booked and how much crap people talked... over Michael Franti? they thought it was making "Their" festival.. "less authentic".. I just disagree.. I think artist who come and don't know the history of the festival or what it is about.. they make it less authentic.
December 03, 2019 08:23PM
I still remember when Michael Franti was booked and how much crap people talked... over Michael Franti? they thought it was making "Their" festival.. "less authentic"..

Yes, in 2012, I recall a lot of older heads walking around talking about how great Michael Franti and Spearhead was not that he was making the festy less authentic ... I was a little skeptical at the time but his sound was great and I was thoroughly impressed

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
December 04, 2019 06:56PM
yeah he is dope.. great message.. great live show.. sure he doesn't play Roots Reggae but it is a world music festival and he certainly fits the "spirit" of the show. Also was speaking more so of boardies prior to the show not excited because he was going to "take a slot" from some more deserving artist. Many years ago Ben Harper played at ROTR and got the same response.. like early Ben Harper.. right after Fight for Your Mind came out...
December 05, 2019 09:07PM
BOUNTY KILLER.. and in the dancehall
December 06, 2019 04:52AM

Love that reggae!
December 06, 2019 05:45PM
Ninja
BOUNTY KILLER.. and in the dancehall

lol! pretty sure he cannot and does not want to come to the USA... but he is one of my fav acts to see.
December 06, 2019 05:52PM
I don't know about can't come back.. he may not want to.. but that doesn't mean I can't want to see him. I agree he is one of my favorite acts to see.
December 06, 2019 05:55PM
got that backwards... don't know if he will be allowed but I have heard him say many times he wants to come back.
December 06, 2019 06:00PM
Can't wait to see him inna few days pon di boat!!!!!!!!!!!!! hot smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login