Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Clinton Fearon

Posted by jcom 
Clinton Fearon
February 28, 2019 06:15PM
Why does it seem like Clinton Fearon almost exclusively plays in the Northwest?? Wish he'd visit So. Cal, Utah, Colorado where I most often am. In 30+ years of hitting reggae shows, I've still never seen him. HEAVY on my wish list before he retires or whatever. He is not "easy fe catch"
Re: Clinton Fearon
February 28, 2019 06:48PM
He plays two 90 min. sets with his band here in Seattle Saturday March 9th. He plays 4-6 times per year at Nectar Lounge here in Seattle on a Saturday. Sells out every show. Besides being out of town a hand full of times, I haven't missed a show of his in well over 10 years.
February 28, 2019 07:36PM
tours a lot outside of the usa as well...

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
February 28, 2019 07:48PM
Just saw him here in Hawai'i last weekend.
February 28, 2019 11:21PM
Mike love & Clinton in Honolulu
[www.facebook.com]
February 28, 2019 11:45PM
Maximum respect Clinton (Bassie) Fearon ... 'Gladiator' of the Ancient Future.

Ya know how sometimes a song will mark those memorable passages of life.
'Let it Grow' was our love song when me & my sweetie marry in 1998 and,
more than a few others have told me a similar story about this same song

Who was them characters who mixed the LP in Vancouver Canada? Mi hear the massive in Vancouver is crying for President Clinton
to grace the area with his presence again.

i also get a special vibes off this Bassie song/video ... 'Poor Nana'

March 01, 2019 07:38AM
We see him about once a year here in Portland. I've also seen him a couple of times at SNWMF. As to why he doesn't play in your area, I would go to his Website and ask him. I suspect it has something to do with having the financial resources to sponsor a tour.
March 01, 2019 10:04AM
Having known Clinton for over a couple decades, I consider him a very close friend. He's been to Guam a number of times, and I've been to Seattle to visit him as well. And I think I've seen him at least 3 times at SNWMF. Clinton is a special human being. Maximum RAWspect to the man!
March 01, 2019 04:01PM
Why does it seem like Clinton Fearon almost exclusively plays in the Northwest??

The Boogie Brown band has regional following that is unsurpassed for an American based reggae outfit. Seattle , Portland, and Vancouver -those are Clinton's cities-they don't have to venture too far out of that comfort zone-why would you need to ?....Clinton does have a huge following in Europe (go figure) , especially France, where maybe not coincidentally his old band -the Gladiators -are still worshipped at a cult like level. Clinton has been coming to Austin quite regularly since the mid 2000's -esp doing his acoustic vibes set. I know when Clinton has set out to do a Yukon and Alaska tour , even the young musk oxen come out and shake their locks

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
March 01, 2019 04:02PM
i'm certain Clinton'll go anywhere someone wants him... contact Catherine (wife & manager) rootsjustice@yahoo.fr

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
March 01, 2019 09:28PM
Thanks. I wrote his wife/manager as well as Belly Up in Solana & Aspen, Soundwell in UT, and Cervantes in Denver to see about getting him to do a run down our way. Of all my times at SNWMF, I've unfortunately missed the years he was there. Also was very bummed when Max Romeo had to cancel one of the years I missed. Clinton Fearon and Max Romeo are on my "old schoolers" never seen list out of my 100s of shows and festivals since the '80s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2019 09:53PM by jcom.
March 01, 2019 10:49PM
Clinton Fearon and Max Romeo are on my "old schoolers" never seen list out of my 100s of shows and festivals since the '80s.

Would love to see that bucket list jcom!

The years that Clinton Fearon has performed at Sierra : 2000, 2002, 2007, and 2014....2000 was really cool because he had a solo set with his band and then came on stage with Albert Griffiths during the Gladiators set. 2002-in Angels Camp was slightly understated but solid nonetheless....2007 was a defining moment because his set opened the festival on the village stage and by that point -he had ALOT of solid material to play and his bandmates- esp guitarist Mark Oi- were really cooking. They played one of best sets ever at Sierra Nevada IMO-old and new -pure niceness all the way....2014 was another great one as Clinton closed Friday on the Village -and it was different than 2007-more intense and dark if I can describe it that way-it showed Boogie Brown's grooved out - dub capabilities as well as showcasing further Clinton's versatility as a guitarist and vocalist. Clinton's performances at Sierra have been highlighjts for me , although the first time I ever caught Boogie Brown was at Reggae on the Island- 1994-in Ladysmith, British Columbia on Vancouver Island.

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login