Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nasio Fontaine

Posted by jcom 
Nasio Fontaine
February 28, 2019 06:11PM
Anyone hear anything about Nasio Fontaine. I know he's in and out of the tour scene, and has been for quite a while now. Would sure love to see him again...one of my favorites, for sure! Last time I saw him was in Park City, UT when he was touring with Alpha Blondy. Far too long ago. Peace
Re: Nasio Fontaine
March 01, 2019 10:35PM
Really, no word on Nasio??

March 01, 2019 10:52PM
I have seen the question posed a number of times over the years and it usually ends in... yeah.. good question... and no real definitive answer. I think the best or probably answer that most closely reflects the truth is that Nasio is a Rasta first and musician second.. the person said they could easily see Nasio just walking away from making music to live life
March 02, 2019 02:44AM
Nasio is from the island of Dominica which was devastated during hurricane Maria, even worse than Puerto Rico. He is a Carib Indian (No Columbus didn't kill all of them as were taught in school). Their reserve is on the east side of the island, so it gets the worst of any storm that comes from Africa. ln the late 80's I met Chief Augustus while at a conference in Ecuador. He was the Chief of the Caribs and he invited me and my family to visit the reserve. Not long after we went there. It is(was) a nature island. Lots of forest but no sandy beaches or tourist traps. I'm sure the destruction of his homeland was difficult for him. I remember we booked him for ROTR when were still at Benbow but it fell thru at the last minute.
March 02, 2019 04:03PM
I am sure that is true. This question was first asked about 5 years ago well before Maria. I didn't realize he was a Carib Indian.. He always looked kind of "different" from most people I had seen playing reggae music from the Caribbean. I love the guys voice and his message music. Having been to the USVI after Irma and Maria I understand what you are saying.. it looked like the war torn Syria in spots..
March 03, 2019 02:10AM

Nasio at Sierra 05. Been long time!
March 17, 2019 07:15AM
I've seen him twice. The first time was when was touring with Alpha Blondy. Of course, I was suoer stoked on Alpha, but Nasio ended up blowing me away. I'd heard some of his music, but not a lot. Now, I think I have almost all of his albums. I wpuld pull out all the stops to see him again. As aforementioned, perhaps he's just living life and not performing anymore, which is sad for us fans, but blessings to him. If I think about it, it was probably like '05 - ' 06 when I last saw him
Far too long. Thank for the video above. Surprise us all, Mr. Fontaine, and the masses will support you!

p.s. - the wifey and I went to Dominica about 12 years ago. Such a lush/tropical, yet impoverished island. The people were wonderful and welcoming. I was heartbroken when I saw how hard Hurricane Maria hit it. Reports and photos showed it to be stripped bare, incredible flooding, lives lost. I hope time has helped heal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2019 07:20AM by jcom.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login