Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

One Love One Heart Festival August 31-Sept. 1st

Posted by Ras Matches 
One Love One Heart Festival August 31-Sept. 1st
January 09, 2019 07:18PM
Tickets are very very low priced right now.

Eventbrite OLOH festival Woodland CA

OR Groupon has them without the service charge.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2019 07:28PM by Ras Matches.
Re: One Love One Heart Festival August 31-Sept. 1st
January 10, 2019 03:04AM
I had a blast at this festival last year. Would not miss it.

Love that reggae!
January 10, 2019 06:35PM
Last year was the first time at One Heart One Love and it was a very uplifting experience. Can't wait for 2019.......
March 12, 2019 02:15AM
Facebook post says : artist confirmed - Sizzla, Anthony B , Amara La Negra, Abja, Misael , more to come.

Tickets started out at $10, now they are $25 a day and will go up- Groupon is offering them at $35 a day right now.

Not my tea, but she’s up and coming

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 02:25AM by Ras Matches.
March 12, 2019 04:20PM
Last year was really good. Will be there this year for saturday!
May 30, 2019 06:57PM
Ras Matches
Facebook post says : artist confirmed - Sizzla, Anthony B , Amara La Negra, Abja, Misael , more to come.

Tickets started out at $10, now they are $25 a day and will go up- Groupon is offering them at $35 a day right now.

Not my tea, but she’s up and coming

Hopefully Sizzla will still be here...

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
July 15, 2019 07:09AM
Initial lineup. I’m not sure why they haven’t posted it yet. Never heard of most of these bands.

Pato Banto
Amara la Negra
Lela Ike
Fyakin
Abja
Savannah Siren
Synergy
Keyser Soze
July 15, 2019 03:10PM
Probably haven't posted that lineup because it doesn't have the two artists everyone wanted to see from the original lineup they said was confirmed.
July 15, 2019 04:13PM
westafari
Never heard of most of these bands.

Pato Banton
Amara la Negra - see above
Lila Ike - Up and coming from JA outta the Indiggnation camp
Fyakin - up and coming from JA
Abja - From VI
Savannah Siren - Never heard of this name, my guess is that it is Sevana who is also up and coming from JA outta the Indiggnation camp
Synrgy - From San Diego
Keyser Soze - From Reno

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
July 15, 2019 04:24PM
Another update:

Removed:
Amara la Negra

Added:
King Hopeton
July 15, 2019 07:37PM
Lila Ike is really good! Definitely on the rise!

Her being part of the Indignation camp, and with Protoje touring the area around that time, I'm guessing it's only "A Matter of Time" (pun intended) before Protoje gets added to the line-up.

Also Capleton playing in Berkeley Aug. 30, so maybe they'll get him too?
July 15, 2019 07:51PM
Reggabe
Lila Ike is really good! Definitely on the rise!

Her being part of the Indignation camp, and with Protoje touring the area around that time, I'm guessing it's only "A Matter of Time" (pun intended) before Protoje gets added to the line-up.

Also Capleton playing in Berkeley Aug. 30, so maybe they'll get him too?

Protoje is booked at Dry Diggins same weekend and I am thinking there may be appearances from either or both Lila & Sevana during his set depending on timing.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
July 17, 2019 07:37PM
Damn, they let their website domain expire...

Edit: ok it’s back up a day later

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2019 03:32PM by Ras Matches.
July 18, 2019 12:42AM
should we see this as bad news? i hope i can go to one reggae fest this year still
July 18, 2019 03:19AM
I'm in just for Abja. I've always enjoyed his shows....
July 19, 2019 03:04PM
July 28, 2019 09:09PM
This event is not listed on the Yolo county fairgrounds website calendar.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
July 28, 2019 09:11PM
a few weeks away and still no artists listed on the site.....?!?!?

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
July 28, 2019 09:43PM
HiGrade1
a few weeks away and still no artists listed on the site.....?!?!?

I heard a completely unsubstantiated rumor that an artist is confirmed that has been known to cause public outcry. I was wondering if the delayed line up announcement is strategic.

August 01, 2019 03:43AM
Saw this posted today -
Richie Spice
Pato Banton
Amara La Negra
Fyakin
Lela Iké
Savannah Siren
Abja and Lions of Kush
King Hopeton
Synergy
Keyser Soze and Much MORE TBA

August 01, 2019 06:02AM
Thank you DJ Treez. I see this festival is now listed on the Yolo County fairgrounds calendar.

Edit: Full disclosure about the camping, Not very many people camp. To the right is gravel RV camping , to the left is dirt camping, there’s not really any shade except for the top left (west) corner.

Also , there’s a mall across the street

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2019 06:13AM by Ras Matches.
August 01, 2019 06:53AM
Someone needs to teach them how to do ticketing. You can get two single day tickets (Sat and Sun) (with fees) cheaper than the full weekend ticket (with fees). Wow. Genius!!!
August 02, 2019 02:13PM
DJ Treez
Saw this posted today -
Richie Spice
Pato Banton
Amara La Negra
Fyakin
Lela Iké
Savannah Siren
Abja and Lions of Kush
King Hopeton
Synergy
Keyser Soze and Much MORE TBA

Today’s Facebook post includes these bands and Arkaingelle

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
August 15, 2019 11:50PM
Keyser Soze is already out.
They added Anthony B

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2019 02:01PM by Ras Matches.
August 25, 2019 06:18AM
Anthony B just got added to Saturday!!!
August 26, 2019 01:56AM
Michael Palmer added........ Facebook
Line up and performance days listed including FAQ. Sorry no good flyer for now.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
August 26, 2019 03:40PM
Check out Fox 40 Sacramento at 9 am to see staff and some of the performers promoting live on your TV.
August 29, 2019 06:51AM
Anthony B and Richie Spice on Saturday. Hells yahhhh.
August 29, 2019 12:21PM
I will be there filming.....

Love that reggae!
August 29, 2019 09:59PM
See you there!
August 30, 2019 02:49AM
Cool! Got a couple friends coming in from back east for the show also. It'll get them away from the hurricane!

Love that reggae!
September 01, 2019 06:15PM
They did a good job but needed several more food vendors. Sound was some of the best I've heard at a festival in years, fantastic performances.
Wish they would post today's setlist, as I'm only up for seeing Richie Spice today, who was delayed by the hurricane.
September 02, 2019 10:25PM
The sound was Great on Saturday. VIP camping inside the venue is definitely the way to go. It’s on its 10th year,I hope they can make it back next year.
How was Sunday?

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
September 03, 2019 04:05AM
Saturday was great, as you guys say, the sound was some of the best ever. I had mics back next to the soundboard, and you can barely tell the difference between them and the soundboard recording, which came out great. I went a bit overboard on taping on saturday and blew myself out. Slept poorly in a stinky motel 6 room, woke up at 5.30 and drove home. Slept another four hours later. I recorded every minute of saturday, its gonna make some of the best videos. Here's the first:

Synrgy:

Love that reggae!
September 03, 2019 05:28PM
Saturday was on point. Great performances, great sound and really great to see so many folks that I have not seen since last summer. We were stoked that we came prepared with a market umbrella, food and a mister.

Here are some pics on FB.
https://www.facebook.com/shannon.lontz/media_set?set=a.10216952256831594&type=3

September 03, 2019 06:47PM
I'm bummed that I didn't make it. I had plans to be there but on Wed nite I got a message that there was going to be a healing ceremony for a dear friend who had a heart attack earlier in the summer and I knew that was where I needed to be. I miss all you guys and was looking forward to seeing No Mo, Lee and everybody else. My consolation was being able to see Stephen Marley on Sun nite at the Mateel. (Only it wasn't). Signs everywhere saying NO FLASH NO VIDEO. Not a problem for me as I use neither. The lighting was purposely kept very dark only dark reds and blues and no light on Stephen. (I really had to work my camera to get some pics) This was not a Mateel event but a rental to the Marleys. Took some shots from side of stage then went upstairs to balcony for some more then went downstairs in an over sold show and this Stephen Marley JA THUG security guard starts harassing me telling me he didn't want me to photograph. I told him I'm not using flash or video and got lost in the crowd. Made my way to the front. Everybody around me were using cameras and phones trying to get a pic and some video. After a while I hear a commotion behind me and the thug is yelling at me and others? to stop photographing> Everybody kind of laughed and I ignored him. I felt him come toward me and as reaches for me says "I'm taking your camera" Everybody around me stopped him. He was lucky because I was ready to poke him in the eyes and knee him in the balls. He didn't hassle the man with the same camera as me or the man behind him who had an even bigger camera and lens and they were about 8 ft away from me. I always follow the industry standard (first 3 songs or 10 mins which ever comes first) when told this is the rule. But that was never posted or told to anyone. Just no flash or video which was a joke as you can see video posted from the show. Stephen pretty much did the same epic show he did 2016 at the hall. Covered the same 6 songs of his dad's. I really loved it when he sang Damian's and his song "Medication"!!!! I hope it's not til next year that I get to see you all but if so know how much I enjoy you all. Check out some photos on instagram.......eyeofagnes
September 03, 2019 07:58PM
My homie and I attended the festival this year and I agree that the VIP camping is the only way to roll. While it seems pricey, it make the memories and experience that much better. From what I can tell, they sell less than 30 VIP spots so if this is the route you wanna take, purchase early because they sold out quick this year. As far as the show goes, I agree with the others.

Saturday’s sound was amazing and so was the lineup and crowd. Yes vendors were thin but there’re so many places within walking distance to eat, this really wasn’t a issue for the hungry. I myself always bring enough food in the event there is nothing I’m interested in so we didn’t go hungry, neither did our neighbors. My favorites for the day were, Arkangel, Abja, and Anthony B.

Sunday didn’t go as smoothly as Saturday but everybody was in good spirits and the energy remained bright. For the person that asked, Pato Banton and Richie Spice did perform and got the place jumpin. I hate to admit this but I always slept on Pato Banton, but after this weekend, no more. The dude is true entertainer and knows how to engage a crowd. A few times my stomach hurt from laughing at his quick wit.

As for the promoter, Denise. We all know these festivals aren’t easy to throw and the unexpected is never expected. With the issues that did come up, she handled them like a pro and made the festival, in my opinion, a success. If she continues hold this festival, the homies and I will be there to support.

Obviously we are all different and see things in through different light, this was just my experience.
September 03, 2019 10:42PM
The sound guy at the board told me it was going to be a different group running sound on sunday. Same guy as last year, he did a bang up job mixing. Pato always puts on a great show. Saw him at the Redwood Cafe, he stood on a chair for the whole show, 2 ft in front of me. I really wanted to see him, but i'm kinda done with Richie Spice. He has great songs, talented, but in my mind a poor performer. Last time i saw him he was more interested in the young marin girls in the front of the crowd than his songs. Who else performed on sunday?

Love that reggae!
September 03, 2019 10:47PM
Agnes, you are a very scary threatening person. You were trying to steal his image and not compensate him. And you disobeyed the 'man', the worst offense. Forget those 6 foot guys with bigger cameras, forget that everyone paid to get in and should be able to take a photo. If i'd been there i woulda kept them busy with alla my little cameras. Once they start on that, i talk to them and keep them busy. Geez, only the Marleys care about that stuff, makes me wanna skip it.

Did miss you at One Love, i think about twice the number of attendees this year. Maybe. It was about 100........

Love that reggae!
September 03, 2019 10:50PM
The surprise of the day was Fyakin, he got it going. Walker P hollding it down on guitar Saturday, Tuff Lion joined for Abja. Vids soon come.

Love that reggae!
September 03, 2019 11:35PM
So good to hear that there were more people this year! I love One Heart One Love fest...... 100 sounds like really "hot" show............. yeah I'm done with some of the Marleys...... Julian was here a couple weeks ago and he was fun and had no problem with cameras and the stage was lit up. He was the best I ever saw him. A lot more lively and he did a couple of his dad's songs but remixed and in his own style, really enjoyable. I lost repect for most of the Marley kids after reading Kymani Marley's book "Dear Dad".
September 04, 2019 01:28AM
Kymani was really down to earth when he was at ROTR at benbow. he wandered around and checked out the vendors, chatted with folks. i was impressed.

Love that reggae!
September 04, 2019 03:31AM
mamacalimama
So good to hear that there were more people this year! I love One Heart One Love fest...... 100 sounds like really "hot" show............. yeah I'm done with some of the Marleys...... Julian was here a couple weeks ago and he was fun and had no problem with cameras and the stage was lit up. He was the best I ever saw him. A lot more lively and he did a couple of his dad's songs but remixed and in his own style, really enjoyable. I lost repect for most of the Marley kids after reading Kymani Marley's book "Dear Dad".

Yes Juju was on top during that show. Loved it. Even more impressive knowing what he is going through right now. Big time respect
September 04, 2019 01:29PM
Stephen Marley has light sensitivity issues. It's pretty well-known if you talk to his people. If you film him with flash they shine a flashlight into your lense or at you to let you know to stop. Can't speak to their selective enforcement. Seems a daunting task to expect people to be considerate these days.
September 04, 2019 02:46PM
I never use flash.....ever!!! And nobody used flash at the Stephen show. People were very respectful. They shot video and pics with their phones but no flash. I remember being at a Patti Smith show in Amsterdam years ago and she got so sick of the flash she begged people to stop!! Nobody shined a flashlight at me because their was no need just like there was no need to harass me or anybody else.......
September 04, 2019 09:14PM
I thought Sevana and Lila Ike were pretty good. Sevana Said this was her first US festival appearance

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
September 04, 2019 09:35PM
great show again this year
well done team!

Respect Same Way
September 04, 2019 10:00PM
Abja 'Don't Feel No Way':

Love that reggae!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login