Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Daniel, is SNWMF happening in 2019?

Posted by westafari 
Daniel, is SNWMF happening in 2019?
December 20, 2018 02:35AM
I just need to ask. I have a weird gut feeling that since Warren is sick, it might not continue. Reminds me of Health and Harmony, Renegade, and Earthdance, when no one talked about it, the promoter went to Australia, and the festivals died.

Please tell me I’m wrong.
Re: Daniel, is SNWMF happening in 2019?
December 20, 2018 04:34AM
Been really wondering this as well along with having that same gut feeling. I sure hope were both wrong. I've been eager to hear some news.
December 22, 2018 01:14PM
December 26, 2018 03:41PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2019 04:41AM by westafari.
December 26, 2018 05:32PM
I agree.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2018 04:24PM by christinalorell.
December 26, 2018 08:37PM
My guess is they probably don't know at this point, otherwise they would have said something one way or the other.
December 27, 2018 03:04AM
My take is that everything that would have been done by now is behind because of Warren's illness which is very serious. It sounds like things are heading in the right direction and maybe we will hear something official after the New Year. In the meantime, please send healing vibes his way.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
December 27, 2018 04:43AM
well, i heard something about this Before Warren got sick..
December 27, 2018 05:14AM
I've been hoping the same thing that things are just behind schedule and it's still on for 2019. I've been sending him all the healing vibes! I know health is the top priority.

On a side note, does any one know what staff snwmf has/volunteers? As far as I know it's a pretty small group and theres a group of volunteers for the actual festival weekend, but what about for planning for the festival? Just throwing it out there that if snwmf is still on and things are behind, should the need arise for any extra hands in the planning process this year, I'd be more than willing to volunteer to help.
December 28, 2018 02:05AM
Everyone Just Chill.

Warren is an epic man,give him his due respect and space. This festival comes second to his Health and family.

With that being said, We are a well versed core and have had the same core for years Including our volunteers!!!

The Man has been in this business For Decades.

Lets Rally for Mr.Warren Smith!!!

This Festival Can and Will Happen.
December 28, 2018 11:19AM
waterborn
Everyone Just Chill.

Warren is an epic man,give him his due respect and space. This festival comes second to his Health and family.

With that being said, We are a well versed core and have had the same core for years Including our volunteers!!!

The Man has been in this business For Decades.

Lets Rally for Mr.Warren Smith!!!

This Festival Can and Will Happen.
e.

SNWMF is my annual pilgrimage and I have loved it since the Marysville days, but Warren needs to get well, so I have stayed quiet. Maximum Respect to Warren, Gretchen and the entire SNWMF massive.

Ever Forward!
Jah Son aka Tom from Guam
December 28, 2018 03:35PM

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
December 28, 2018 06:35PM
I'm with you Jahson. I've only missed 2 SNWMF. I have so much love and respect for Warren and I've held back. I would be sad if it didn't happen 2019 but it's nothing compared to all the joy and happiness that the show has brought me. Feeling positive in all directions..........
December 28, 2018 06:50PM
I agree with you all. I know his health is top priority and by no means would I ever think the festival would come first. It would be a bummer if snwmf 2019 didnt happen, but I know the time off is for healing and family and that's what's most important. The only reason I'm hoping we get an update soon, is so in the event it's not happening, our reggae fam can make a plan for that weekend to still go on a vacation together, one way or another.
January 09, 2019 05:36AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2019 04:41AM by westafari.
January 09, 2019 07:58PM
Not trying to sound like a D... I know he is the founder but it seems like a festival like this would require many many people to pull off. I totally understand if I am wrong but it just seems like someone could be saying something about what the story is.
January 09, 2019 08:00PM
I keep checking back every day with the hope that we will hear some news.
January 09, 2019 08:20PM
Suggest Wake Up & knock off the pressure demand vibez when the principal's priorities obviously eclipse party hardy

Yes SNWMF crucial but in the big picture the festival of primary importance is between each & all individual shoulders.
Go Deh!

Please all send prayers / positive affirmations to brother Warren & family
(or whatever anthropomorphic words wi the human race come up with for the inter-dimensional quantum string of luv )

mi 9sense worth for the day
Alex

January 09, 2019 09:10PM
Peacemakeya
Suggest Wake Up & knock off the pressure demand vibez when the principal's priorities obviously eclipse party hardy

Yes SNWMF crucial but in the big picture the festival of primary importance is between each & all individual shoulders.
Go Deh!

Please all send prayers / positive affirmations to brother Warren & family
(or whatever anthropomorphic words wi the human race come up with for the inter-dimensional quantum string of luv )

mi 9sense worth for the day
Alex

Well said, Youthman! The most likely reason we haven't heard anything is because NOBODY KNOWS YET. I would suggest making alternate plans for the Summer Solstice weekend.
January 09, 2019 10:12PM
We are making plans...to effect positive outcomes. It is crucial to stay positive and forward good intent.
But myasthenia gravis is serious. It is the condition that took Augustus Pablo from this world.
We are praying for Warren and family, first and foremost.
January 10, 2019 12:42AM
So let's let the man concentrate on healing and not bug him about this. We will know in due time.
January 10, 2019 05:29AM
Yes, Blessings and healing vibes out to Warren. The rest is just stress and he doesn't need that ish right now. I certainly hope that we can all agree that health is of the utmost importance and Warren has our support in his own self care. After all he has done for our community we owe him nothing less. Seriously folks.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 9pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
January 10, 2019 06:54PM
There is no attack and as such there is no need to defend. Obviously any person's health is the priority. It was a question, not a pressure. If the answer is at this time no one knows then so be it. Not everything is a conflict and if questions are asked out of ignorance to how the whole things is put on and run then again. so be it. No one is trying to stress anyone, it was just a question and not everyone knows as much about the situation as the next person.
January 10, 2019 08:32PM
No one knows. The question was posed and we are all still patiently waiting for a response.

Reggae on the river announced only 1 month before and that still happened.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
January 10, 2019 11:53PM
that is what I have gathered. I only asked because they posted the dates.. I also assumed there is a whole lot of people putting this on not one person responsible for the event and getting out the info. No disrespect was intended to Warren.. Hope the man heals and all around him are staying strong.
January 11, 2019 02:02AM
Well said Ninja!!! I appreciate the back-up.

I have been going to Sierra since day one (13 years in a row) in Boonville. I have NEVER meet Warren, ANY of Warren’s family, OR any of the upper management staff. I come with my close friends and have the best time of the year at THIS festival. No one talked to me about his condition because I don’t know any of the people above.

I am not being disrespectful if I ask 2 simple questions:

1) Is the festival happening
2) when are tickets going on sale

Neither of those questions are disrespectful nor downtalk Warren’s health conditions. I appreciate everyone letting me know what is going on. Very appreciated. Since I finally got an update, I will not ask again. I will pray that SNWMF moves forward and happens again. I don’t know Warren but I hope he gets better.

Please, Jah soldiers of this forum, don’t get upset when people ask very simple questions for clarity. There is no need to get defensive or upset. Sometimes people just need updates. We have life’s to live as well.

One blood - one love!!

-Westafari

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2019 04:26PM by westafari.
January 11, 2019 02:17AM
Soon come January 24
January 12, 2019 01:35AM
"Peace. Love. Music in 2019 from all of us at SNWMF!

As many of you know, SNWMF Founder Warren Smith has experienced some extremely challenging health issues since SNWMF 2018. We put SNWMF on hold for awhile as we focused on Warren’s recovery. The good news is he is slowly regaining his strength. As he says “Many Rivers to Cross” – carefully.

We hoped to provide information about SNWMF 2019 prior to now. We strongly believe it is more important than ever that SNWMF continue to nurture a world family peacefully united in the universal spirit of music. Music transcends boundaries and cultural differences. Music has the power to change paradigms and shows us that we are more alike than different. Please be patient a bit longer …

Info about SNWMF 2019 Soon Come – January 24, 2019"

January 12, 2019 04:28PM
Jahsprey
We are making plans...to effect positive outcomes. It is crucial to stay positive and forward good intent.

Truth.

[www.RealitySounds.com]
[www.SantaCruzReggae.com]

#rastacruzreggae #santacruzreggae #realitysound #reality_sound
August 31, 2019 04:54AM
Sorry to rehash this topic but I was just informed that Warren is the sole owner of SNWMF. I never knew that info. I thought SNWMF was a run by a huge “group” of people, due to its success. I want to sincerely apologize for being selfish and wanting this festival to go on regardless of the consequences. That is my bad. I’m not that type of person...at least I try not to be. I truly hope he gets better. Thank you Lee Abel for putting me in check. I needed someone to tell me the truth and put me in check. Mad love crew!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login