Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Winter Roots Reggae Series in Nevada City

Posted by DJ Treez 
Winter Roots Reggae Series in Nevada City
November 21, 2018 12:29AM
Positive Vibrations Sound & Pure Anywear's Winter Roots Reggae Series continues with Army & Ark Aingelle on December 15th, Abja & Ras Attitude on January 11th and we have just added General Smiley of the legendary duo Michigan & Smiley on February 2nd. All shows at Cooper's Ale Works in Nevada City backed by full band lead by Tuff Lion with DJ Treez on selections.

The Kolumn show was a big success and the plethora of artists that hit the stage put on amazing performances. Give thanks to Nomo for coming all the way up and filming the entire show. Look forward to some great footy.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
Re: Winter Roots Reggae Series in Nevada City
November 21, 2018 05:40AM
Ya that was fun, the first set was an hour and forty minutes alone. I got home at 4 am.

As i said to Walker, this reminds me of a dark and smoky bar without the smoke:

Love that reggae!
November 21, 2018 08:18PM
Hope Army makes his way down south in CA.
December 01, 2018 01:59AM

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
December 01, 2018 07:51PM
Sounds great
December 02, 2018 02:24PM
Kolumn:

Love that reggae!
December 02, 2018 02:26PM
Pretty good venue, outdoor smoking section feet from the stage. I would not miss Army and Arkaingelle. Gettin me a hotel room this time.

Love that reggae!
December 11, 2018 11:44PM
Going down this Saturday. Two sets with full band lead by Tuff Lion. Check it.

DJ Treez
December 12, 2018 06:17AM
This weekend sounds fun! I'm tempted to try to find a hotel room up there...
December 15, 2018 03:42AM
Happining in 24 hrs so all come out & cya there
December 20, 2018 11:11AM
Some serious roots goin down out in Nevada City. Listen to the Clarks Band with Arkaingelle performing 'I Grade':

Love that reggae!
December 20, 2018 09:54PM
niceness

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
December 22, 2018 06:18PM
Army and the Clarks Band:

Love that reggae!
December 22, 2018 07:34PM
Great Footy, give thanks NOMO!

December 22, 2018 10:33PM
Looking forward to Abja in a few weeks!

Love that reggae!
December 23, 2018 12:24AM
Abja cannot make it, but we are having Ras Attitude and another showcase. Official poster soon come.

December 23, 2018 01:01AM
I've always liked Army, he's definitely an underrated artist. Wish he performed more regularly around here, seeing as he resides on the west coast...
December 23, 2018 10:00PM
gotcha Treez.

Love that reggae!
December 31, 2018 06:43AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2019 02:22AM by DJ Treez.
December 31, 2018 10:42PM

Love that reggae!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2019 03:11AM by nomotrouble.
January 01, 2019 01:30AM
Yes Friday the 11th, I'll edit the post with the right day as soon as I get the edited poster.

Give Thanks.

January 05, 2019 02:28AM

Love that reggae!
January 05, 2019 11:05PM
Attitude playing any other shows in the area?
January 06, 2019 01:41AM
Ras Attitude & Tuff Lion will be playing an acoustic band show at the Redwood Cafe in Cotati on Friday Jan 18th from 830-11 and its not all ages but at least its 18+ smiling smiley Flyer n more info coming soon!
January 06, 2019 02:39AM
Hoping attitude gets picked up for a couple more shows , been a while since I seen him perform and brig full energy.
January 07, 2019 10:15PM
Hell ya. another great show in Nevada City
Hope to see ya there & Coopers still rockin
January 13, 2019 04:41AM
Wow. Blaak Lung. Noble Culture. Ras Attitude. Tuff Lion on bass this time. Walker with a different guitar.

'There's Police in our yard, I'm a refugee. In my own country.' from Noble Culture's song 'Refugee'.

Ras Attitude smart and professional, played an hour and a half from 12.30 til 2 am. I'm gonna really try and make he and Tuffy's acoustic show next Friday.

On another note, i'm trying out the cheap hotels in Nevada City. Cheapest was the Nevada City Inn, 85 bucks, noisy as all get out, had to wear earplugs even at 2.30 am to get to sleep. This week i tried the Piety Hill Cottages, 110 bucks. Much better, older like the Nevada City Inn, but real quiet. They will bring breakfast to your room if you want it also. Only hang up is they want you to check in before 6 pm. Next i might try the Northern Queen, not sure though. National Hotel still being rebuilt.

Love that reggae!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2019 11:28AM by nomotrouble.
January 13, 2019 05:19PM
NEXT UP

January 16, 2019 02:37AM
I am really close to confirming an EPIC artist for this series on Feb 22. SAVE THE DATE. This will be LARGE!

We also have another local artist showcase on March 29 and Ras Iba on April 13 lined up. Morel details soon come.

Blessed Love!

January 22, 2019 06:26AM
Advance tix available tomorrow at https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/4063104

January 22, 2019 07:08AM
Holy Guacamole Treez! I cannot miss Kabaka and the Bebble Rockers. the last friday almost killed me, but this one will be epic, gotta be there.

Love that reggae!
January 22, 2019 07:40AM
I'll have to head up there for Ras Iba... always wanted to see him!
January 22, 2019 07:03PM
Iba is worth the trip.

Love that reggae!
January 27, 2019 11:59PM
This Saturday my friends. It's looking to be a great show. The series is definitely popping off. Come out and checkavibe.

January 28, 2019 02:17AM
Treez, i've been cut down by an eye infection. Its going away but slowly. I'm going to have to see how i'm doing come this weekend.

Love that reggae!
January 28, 2019 02:33AM
nomotrouble
Treez, i've been cut down by an eye infection. Its going away but slowly. I'm going to have to see how i'm doing come this weekend.

Nomo. I am really sorry to hear. Please take care of yourself brother. We hope to see you but absolutely understand if your personal health takes priority. Blessings.

January 29, 2019 06:54AM
nomotrouble

On another note, i'm trying out the cheap hotels in Nevada City. Cheapest was the Nevada City Inn, 85 bucks, noisy as all get out, had to wear earplugs even at 2.30 am to get to sleep. This week i tried the Piety Hill Cottages, 110 bucks. Much better, older like the Nevada City Inn, but real quiet. They will bring breakfast to your room if you want it also. Only hang up is they want you to check in before 6 pm. Next i might try the Northern Queen, not sure though. National Hotel still being rebuilt.

Hit me up, Nomo - We're just 10-15 minutes south and usually have a spare futon.
February 03, 2019 03:47AM
BUMP - NOW y'all

DJ Treez
NEXT UP

February 03, 2019 08:43PM
Give thanks to the Massive & Krew for providing a fabulous turnout last night at General Smiley even in inclement weather. Vibes were large. We had a host of amazing artists hit the stage & bless the mic and of course the band was on point as usual. Smiley is a true veteran.

Next up is KABAKA PYRAMID on February 22. Advance tix are recommended. kabakapyramidnc.brownpapertickets.com

February 14, 2019 04:49AM
Koro Fyah will be joining the party at Nevada City and the vibes will be elevated. Please don't miss this one if you can, it will go down as legendary. Advance tix highly recommended.

February 20, 2019 12:35AM
Definitely hoping to see some of you on Friday. This will be one for the books. Koro Fyah will be doing a short opening set.

Advance tix with no service charge at kabakapyramidnc.brownpapertickets.com

February 20, 2019 09:52PM
DJ Treez
Definitely hoping to see some of you on Friday. This will be one for the books. Koro Fyah will be doing a short opening set.

See you there bredren.
February 21, 2019 07:18PM
Hi. DJ Treez any ideas what time those guys would show up on stage tomorrow ? tks
February 22, 2019 12:08AM
Acoustic opener with SoulMedic & Noble Culture starts at 9:45 and Koro/Kabaka around 10:45.

February 22, 2019 12:23AM
Thank you much!
February 22, 2019 04:19PM
That refugee Noble Culture song was fire! More Noble Culture!

Giving thanks!
February 24, 2019 01:10AM
Noble Culture will be headlining on March 29.

Thanks all for coming out last night. What an amazing turnout for an incredible performance. Next up is The Clarks All Star Band with a whole heap a artists passing the mic on March 9. Poster & details soon come. Bless.

February 24, 2019 07:03AM
Yes very good show. very good vibes. had a blast. thanks for the CD, but someone took it alongside some of my clothes!
See you at the next show!
Alex
February 24, 2019 08:11PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2019 02:25AM by DJ Treez.
March 02, 2019 10:15PM
Upcoming shows:
March 9 - Gold Country Showcase
March 29 - Culture Knox
April 13 - Ras Iba
May 10 - Ras Attitude
May 25 - Arkaingelle

All shows backed by The Clarks All Star Band led by Tuff Lion & Walker at Coopers Ale Works in Nevada City with two sets & DJ Treez on selections. We really appreciate the support we have been receiving. If you have not checked the vibe yet, please come out for one of the above shows and see how we do it. The Vibes are always large.

March 02, 2019 10:55PM
i back that up! very good vibes. i may come for another one of this show!
March 03, 2019 01:16PM
i wanna go see em all. Got some issues though might keep me from March 9, but i really don't want to miss march 29 or any of the other ones for that matter. The vibes out there are huge. This is a series that should not be misses, Tuffy and Walker holdin it down.

Love that reggae!
March 18, 2019 03:56AM
Hey yo, even with the crowds we have been drawing, Coopers does not want us there anymore. Too much pot smoking and not enough drinking they say. As a result, we have pulled all shows from the venue and are already lining up alternative venues. Kulcha Knox will be performing at Culture House Collective on March 30. More details soon come.

Give so much thanks for all the support. We are motivated to move forward with the movement despite the Babylon interference. Blessings.

March 18, 2019 06:38PM
'Too much pot smoking not enough drinking' sounds like my kinda place! Oh well, next venue!

Love that reggae!
March 18, 2019 08:22PM
Man Cooper's does that every time - as soon as a regular series gets established, they pull the no weed card. Hypocrites. No Culture, No class.

DJ Treez
Hey yo, even with the crowds we have been drawing, Coopers does not want us there anymore. Too much pot smoking and not enough drinking they say. As a result, we have pulled all shows from the venue and are already lining up alternative venues. Kulcha Knox will be performing at Culture House Collective on March 30. More details soon come.

Give so much thanks for all the support. We are motivated to move forward with the movement despite the Babylon interference. Blessings.
March 21, 2019 04:58AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login