Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Midnite/Akae Beka

Posted by Rasagenor 
Midnite/Akae Beka
May 31, 2018 01:41AM
Please forgive me if this has been answered on this forum or elsewhere; I've never been able to get a reliable answer.

I remember when Midnite stopped touring and there was a message on their website regarding the need for time for "healing". At that time I figured that someone from the band was physically ill.(I could swear the message referenced medical attention of some sort). After Ron continued with Dezarie, I figured that the reference was to spiritual healing.

Does anyone know why this great band called it quits?? Anything beyond speculation?
Re: Midnite/Akae Beka
May 31, 2018 01:58AM
mostly i feel You'll only get speculation as an answer to this unless You ask Vaughn or Ron....

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
May 31, 2018 09:18PM
Well Vaughn had some health issue which i have heard third hand was caused by poor diet. He was the one who needed healing. His voice sounded different afterwards. Why Ron split i don't know.

Love that reggae!
June 20, 2018 08:45PM
July 14, 2018 06:27PM
"Haile Selassie I, I am Jah sun, livicate I life to Ivine mention, till dem experience dem brain stem blossom"

Giving thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2018 06:27PM by AztecRasta.
August 31, 2018 12:47PM
September 29, 2018 08:15PM
October 11, 2018 08:34PM
February 14, 2019 09:48PM

Higher Bound Productions wrote:

Greetings, NEW AKAE BEKA ALBUM “Hail The King” COMING SOON - Higher Bound Productions is proud to present the New Akae Beka Album: HAIL THE KING
releasing early March 2019.
HAIL THE KING is the result of a rare recording session with live instrumentation at the Higher Bound Productions studio with the AKAE BEKA band which includes members from MIDNITE band
February 17, 2019 02:52AM
Thank you Ras Adam, I dont use facebook or instagram so its great to hear news like this.

Any Bay Area reggae producers please message me.

Giving thanks!
February 21, 2019 03:14AM
NorCal tour dates recently announced...

Sweetwater on Thursday may 16
Moes on Friday may 17th
New parish Monday may 20

Hope more to come.

Will be good to see em again.

Last sweetwater show with spiritual was really solid.
March 02, 2019 04:09AM
March 02, 2019 07:14PM
Grass Valley - Saturday May 18, at Culture House Collective. ALL AGES
From Sista Kat:
Tickets for the Akae Beka LIVE at Culture House Collective on May 18 are on sale now on Eventbrite.
Show is now ****ALL AGES****
The first 100 tickets are $30, after that Advance Tix are $35, Day of Show $40... Give Thanks for Sharing

#GrassValley #AkaeBeka #VirginIslands #USVI

Facebook Event Link https://www.facebook.com/events/387019505415865/permalink/391594954958320/
March 16, 2019 05:55PM
Greetings phorum phriends - NEW AKAE BEKA snippet VIDEO on youtube now at

Behind the scenes from the making of the album
HAIL THE KING Album: iTunes pre-order link: [itunes.apple.com]

All info. is on the event page on Facebook at: [www.facebook.com]

Bless
March 25, 2019 08:03PM
HAIL THE KING Album is out now on all digital platforms with CDs shipping next week...
Higher Bound Productions
Releases New
AKAE BEKA Album: HAIL THE KING
Now available on all digital platforms
CDs to ship next week
Listen on iTunes Here:[itunes.apple.com]

California/St.Croix, USVI-
Higher Bound Productions is proud to present the new Akae Beka Album HAIL THE KING

HAIL THE KING is the result of a rare recording session with live instrumentation at the Higher Bound Productions studio with the majority of the members from the original MIDNITE band (currently in Akae Beka band). Thus, the original sound will resonate fully with longtime loyal MIDNITE/Vaughn Benjamin/Akae Beka fans as it has the raw St. Croix Roots feeling of some of his earliest work such as the RAS MEK PEACE & JUBILEES OF ZION albums.

HAIL THE KING is Akae Beka’s eighth album released since 2015.

HAIL THE KING is truly the vision of legendary
mystic songwriter Vaughn Benjamin as he composed/produced nine of the ten rhythms on the album, which results in a powerful mélange of Roots/Dancehall/Rockers/Steppas vibration. The
album is authentic Virgin Islands Roots with bass-heavy arrangements resulting in a timeless foundation album.

HAIL THE KING is the fifth release from
California-based Record Label/Producer
Higher Bound Productions
(Ryan "Ishence" Willard) and Vaughn Benjamin
(Akae Beka/Midnite-St. Croix, US Virgin Islands) and adds to the 65+ catalog of Albums from Benjamin, one of the world’s most prolific Rastafari philosophers & teachers.

Watch the Behind-The-Scenes
Promo Clip for
"ONE MIND" HERE:

Notable previous releases from Higher Bound Productions/ Vaughn Benjamin include:
Bless Go Roun; Free Indeed (#1 on iTunes Reggae Chart); New Name; and Ark a Law.

The tracks are intentionally not over-produced contributing to the organic feel of the album.

Stay tuned for #HailTheKing Tour Dates
TBA soon...
March 25, 2019 10:59PM
who is (03.) Estevanico?

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
April 23, 2019 12:29AM
May 11, 2019 02:50AM
Bump

Edit: Lightning in a Bottle , you ever been to that ? Looks kinda cool

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2019 02:52AM by Ras Matches.
May 18, 2019 05:55PM
Good show last night in Santa Cruz . They are in perfect form, Vaughn’s voice was perfect. Lotta Midnite tunes as always.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
May 18, 2019 05:58PM
Yep. Great set.
May 18, 2019 08:18PM
Mill valley show was great as well, best Akae Beka show I’ve seen in a minute. Agreed Vaughan sounded good, band was tight (new changes you me- no longer Moon on guitar and looked like new drummer as well). Songs were higher energy and shorter ( thank goodness) fully enjoyed th set.
May 18, 2019 09:01PM
Hail The King....latest release.....playing over and over in my Reggaemobile.....EXCELLENT!!!!! Give Thanks Higher Bound for a great album
May 18, 2019 11:30PM
Looking forward to Nevada city!

Giving thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2019 03:48AM by AztecRasta.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login