Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FL Food and Vibes

Posted by papajoshua 
FL Food and Vibes
April 29, 2016 05:20PM
Going to be in FL for a conference in May(12/13) and going to do a side trip to MIA for a little RnR with the little sister for a couple days. Any recommendations for Caribbean food or other vibes in Miami? Mostly gonna be chasing waves and good food but might take in some music if there is something interesting.
Re: FL Food and Vibes
April 29, 2016 05:40PM
Im going on a Caribbean cruise the weekend after the festival departing from ft. Lauderdale and pose the same question. I can say to you that Normandy beach has very good Cuban and Argentinian steakhouses. I haven been to Miami in 14 years and the city changes rapidly. I remember that the best Jamaican food was in the city of Miami but be careful where and when you go. Don't look like a tourist. The beach has great vegetarian, Haitian and Cuban food everywhere. Just walk off the beaten path of ocean, Collins and Washington Ave and explore. Have fun!
April 29, 2016 06:16PM
Ya i want nothing to do with tourist traps. Im good in the hood. Looking for that real food.
April 29, 2016 07:19PM
It's not really miami, but coconuts is a nice spot around hollywood - Pembroke Pines that has very nice jamaican food, is relatively inexpensive, and seems to be a favorite in that area. It's near the cooyeay and Vp records shops
April 29, 2016 09:59PM
I haven't been to Miami for a few years, but back in the day Kulcha Shok Muzik/Lance O was a big Miami Beach based reggae promoter/surfer/radio DJ who put shows on all around South Florida.

Kulcha Shok Muzik

Looks like there are several events around the time you are there - Chronnix and Kymani Marley on May 8 being the biggest event.
I miss Miami Beach - Have fun.
May 16, 2016 06:44PM
I skipped the mainstream dining spots.I had to dig a bit deep to find but found 2 great true Ital spots.

TreeLion(Hollywood) and Konata's Restaurant(North MIA).

Both were spectacular and rival some of the best ital i have had in JA. Complete with fresh juice, wholewheat patties etc. Also Upper East Side Market had abundant fruit veg, and Jamaican patty and juice vendors.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login