Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Info on Santa Rosa area shows

Posted by jps 
jps
Info on Santa Rosa area shows
January 26, 2016 11:40PM
A good friend of mine and his wife are moving to Santa Rosa in a few weeks and will be there for about 3 years. Was looking to see if there are any upcoming shows, weekly/monthly events etc that are in a reasonable distance from Santa Rosa.

Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Info on Santa Rosa area shows
January 27, 2016 01:51AM
Greetings JPS, Here are a few you may be interested in:

Saturday, January 30th----STEEL PULSE, MYSTIC THEATER PETALUMA, CA

Saturday, February 6th----PATO BANTON & THE NOW GENERATION, REDWOOD CAFE, COTATI, CA 9PM (BOB MARLEY DAY CELEBRATION)

There are weekly events like Monday Night Edutainment at The Hopmonk, Sebastopol, CA
Casa Rasta Thursdays, Santa Rosa
Hype It Up @ Jasper O' Farrell's, Sebastopol, CA
Reggae Tuesdays @ Blue Moon Saloon, Sonoma, CA
Reggae At The Redwood, Every 4th Friday, Redwood Cafe, Cotati, CA

All are fairly nearby Santa Rosa.

Enjoy,
Bagga....
January 27, 2016 03:34AM
be sure and link stevo comanche; he runs the dancehall sound at the fest every year lately i believe. he lives in santa rosa and is a major roots player. he is also a straight up GREAT guy and he is so full of knowledge; i've picked his brain on many an occasion. can try and track down his digits if you need.

i have x-amount of respect for him, and would love to be his neighbor!

here he is at the fest last year with the one daddy spleece (on the left)...and look at the heat comanche is carrying!!! (my record box)

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
January 27, 2016 09:55PM
Lisa at Cornerstone (Reggae Culture Shop) in Sebastopol puts together a monthly email with upcoming shows/events. She can be reached @ generalstoneproductions@hotmail.com and she will put you on the list for the Cornerstone Calendar.

Another great update is put together by email by, the one and only, Malcolm. He complies a list of upcoming shows from the California Reggae Calendar. He can be reached at careggaecal@gmail.com and he will put you on the list for the CA Reggae Calendar.
January 27, 2016 10:14PM
I'm guessing that Steel Pulse show is not happening this Saturday in Petaluma. Sounds like David Hinds is in the hospital with pnuemonia. Blessings that he recovers OK.
January 27, 2016 10:23PM
Actually i just tried to buy a ticket for that Steel Pulse show and it's sold out. Bunch of my buddies going, hope it's not cancelled.

Love that reggae!
January 27, 2016 11:00PM
STEEL PULSE PRESS RELEASE JANUARY 26TH 2016:

David Hinds has been hospitalized with pneumonia and Steel Pulse regret to announce the cancellation of the following shows as a result of David's illness:

JANUARY
28th Reno, Nevada, Cargo
29th Santa Cruz, California, The Catalyst Club
30th Petaluma, California, McNears's Mystic Theatre

FEBRUARY
1st Santa Ana, California, The Observatory Orange County
2nd Solana Beach, California, Belly Up
4th Honolulu, Hawaii, The Republik

The cancelled shows will be rescheduled and announced as soon as possible. Ticket holders should contact the outlets that they purchased their tickets from.

Well wishers are encouraged to post messages here on the band’s facebook page.

Meanwhile the band hope to resume touring, finishing their documentary Dreadtown and completing their next album as soon as possible.

#steelpulse40
January 28, 2016 10:00PM
wow bagga.....i didn't know all that was happening in Rosa area. thanks for the info
January 28, 2016 11:48PM
First Thursday every month at the Lucky Star in Sebastopol there is a small DJ session that happens too. Good roots selections. Nothing large. Just a lil local vibe. Jacques' Monday night is still the premier weekly in the area.
jps
March 11, 2016 02:25AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback. Will for sure relay this to my friend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login