Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT: Vinyl Madness

Posted by papajoshua 
OT: Vinyl Madness
January 24, 2016 04:06PM
Maybe off topic maybe not, Long time coming im working on freeing up a ton on records. A question to those who buy and sell records. I have a solid grip of 90's roots and dancehall riddums i want to let off. I have checked out Discogs and heard that is a good place to offer up records. It will be 99% reggae. Probably keep the few other non reggae jems I have. Reduce reuse and recycle I say!

I would like to sell them off as riddums or small lots. Seems like that site is not suited for that? Im not a huge fan of ebay. Back in the day I bought groups/lots of records from there. Whats the consensus?

I realize alot of these pieces dont have alot of value but looking to free them up to someone who can appreciate them and put together a little $$ for my main priorities these days, kiddos, medical bills new business, and some new wax I would like to procure etc.

I think I could probably move alot to local or regional folks and not even have to deal with shipping. Of course I could post up a list once I have one. Will probably be a work in progress.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thoughts? Advice?
Re: OT: Vinyl Madness
January 24, 2016 04:40PM
PapaJoshua,

I bet between here and craigslist you'd be able to get rid of most of them. Potentially other forums as well. I have a friend who sells lots on ebay, seems to work out, and he says the same records seem to sell quicker on ebay then they do on discogs. I'm also definitely interested in your list. Hope you are continuing to improve healthwise. Good luck wit this.
January 24, 2016 04:44PM
RasTantan
PapaJoshua,

I bet between here and craigslist you'd be able to get rid of most of them. Potentially other forums as well. I have a friend who sells lots on ebay, seems to work out, and he says the same records seem to sell quicker on ebay then they do on discogs. I'm also definitely interested in your list. Hope you are continuing to improve healthwise. Good luck wit this.

Thanks. Although Discogs seems easy there seems to be a glut of alot of stuff. Maybe because it is so easy to list. I am thinking the same thing about forums(any recommendations) and craigslist.

I am doing well thanks. Heading out the door to go bodysurfing, what a difference a year makes.
January 24, 2016 10:44PM
I use Discogs often. Its a great place to find the rare gems. Let us know what you end up doing! Would very interested in some lots.

Thanks
January 25, 2016 03:59AM
I found selling it in lots of 50 or 100 on ebay works.
Thing is I have not tried to sell off stuff that I really love, just scrap.
I imagine that it would be harder to let go of them nice tunes because you end up getting a buck apiece or less.
If you explain and photo the lots of records you could probably up the price for the more valuable lots of nice tunes.
It has worked for me on the recycling end.
Hope it helps.
January 25, 2016 05:19AM
strikkly
I found selling it in lots of 50 or 100 on ebay works.
Thing is I have not tried to sell off stuff that I really love, just scrap.
I imagine that it would be harder to let go of them nice tunes because you end up getting a buck apiece or less.
If you explain and photo the lots of records you could probably up the price for the more valuable lots of nice tunes.
It has worked for me on the recycling end.
Hope it helps.

Yes makes sense. Give thanks.
January 25, 2016 09:34PM
Interesting....
May 20, 2016 05:22PM
I have a very limited store set up on Discogs.com under you guessed it. papajoshua

Check it out. Honestly I am not good at grading records so keep that in mind. If you are interested email me at papa.joshua@gmail.com. I am selling any of the records that in rhythm sets together. Not breaking them up. If you think the price is off feel free to make an offer. Trying to free up some funds.
December 17, 2018 05:14AM
Hibernation is here and im opening up the record vaults again. If you are looking for something in particular HMU or if you are in the bay area, we can set up a time for you to come digging.
December 19, 2018 03:03AM
Trade you a box of bashment for a box of bashment, LOL!!!
December 20, 2018 03:57AM
strikkly ya na easy@!
May 02, 2019 03:40AM
Im doing a garage sale style sale with some records on Sunday in Berkeley. If you are interested HMU. 415-747-2771. Its a moving sale so looking to move some things on. HMU with special requests in advance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login