August 12, 2015 02:59PM
Is he one of Max Romeo's sons?

[www.RealitySounds.com]
[www.SantaCruzReggae.com]

#rastacruzreggae #santacruzreggae #realitysound #reality_sound
Re: rominal grow my dread
August 12, 2015 03:21PM
ites spleece.

when we interviewed him he said that rominal is a combination of his two sons, romario & ronaldo (spelling probably wrong!).

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
August 12, 2015 03:56PM
Huh. I'm only hearing one voice on this track. I like the track: amazing emotion & vocal control innit for a young child.

[www.RealitySounds.com]
[www.SantaCruzReggae.com]

#rastacruzreggae #santacruzreggae #realitysound #reality_sound
August 12, 2015 06:56PM
Rominal's fb page sez: Members: Romario Smith, Ronaldo Smith

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
August 12, 2015 09:21PM
yeah, confusing to me too.

the kid on the soundcloud link looks a lot like his pops.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
August 14, 2015 05:12PM
I’m really liking this song. I love riddims like this that are simple, straight forward but catchy enough to pleasing without being poppy. And no stinking rock guitar, hey, imagine that! The choppy riddim guitar is so perfect in this tune.

And although the theme of the song is something we’re used to, I don’t find the lyrics of this song to be of the cookie cutter nature we hear so often and they are also not overly preachy or anything like that. I also like the way Rominal is phrasing his words/sentences in this tune – it has a bit of a twist in that sense too.

To top it all off, there seems to be a sincerity behind the way Rominal sings this song. So many newer tunes I hear these days, it almost sounds like the artists are just going through the motions and the lyrics as if it’s a chore. And going forward again to the theme of the song, it is particularly fitting in a time when a bunch of dumb and dumbers are growing their dreadlocks as if they [the dreadslocks] really mean something. Too many surface dreads out deh.

I hope there’s more music coming from the Charmax imprint – mainly because the musical side of the productions were pretty rough and raw but somehow melodic at the same time. More Max to the max!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login