Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reggae in the Hills Question

Posted by AztecRasta 
Reggae in the Hills Question
June 15, 2015 05:34AM
Does anyone know the name of the DJ/sound group who had the saturday night session out of the black bus?

Heavy electric/reggae mix with Rocker-T on the mic?

Also why didnt Kymani show up? rasta smiley
Re: Reggae in the Hills Question
June 15, 2015 08:00AM
This isn't Kymani's first no-show.
June 15, 2015 02:44PM
Jah Mike
This isn't Kymani's first no-show.

luckily E.N. Young saved the day by headlining
June 15, 2015 04:25PM
That sounds like the Blaze1 bus. Since I wasn't there, this is a guess, but maybe DJ PhG
June 15, 2015 04:58PM
I heard that EN Young was a huuuuuge disappointment headlining. Tought to replace a Marley and have to perform after Kabaka Pyramid.
June 15, 2015 05:11PM
From what I heard/saw I didn't understand why they chose en young to headline. He was maybe 3 or 4 acts before kymani, why didn't they just move the whole line up forward and have whoever was scheduled before kymani headline? I also believe he performed twice. Just thought it was a little weird.
June 15, 2015 05:28PM
I was told that Kabaka had to catch a flight and could not headline, that left EN Young as the only other candidate.
June 15, 2015 06:08PM
lol... kabaka and Iba mahr were in the dancehall till 330... they had a tour bus (who would fly from angels camp to santa cruz?)
the bus was sponsored by calibus and was az redsmoke with rocker t
Kymani no show was because of a financial disagreement and en young is a complete joke and a bad one at that
June 15, 2015 06:47PM
we well know the no-showing reputation of this Marley here in Oregon... not surprised at all and really hold doubts about his scheduled appearance here on July 12...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2015 06:48PM by Ras Danny.
June 15, 2015 06:50PM
LOL! Never heard of E. N. Young.
June 15, 2015 06:51PM
Rossta
I was told that Kabaka had to catch a flight and could not headline, that left EN Young as the only other candidate.

That's a funny story.

[www.RealitySounds.com]
[www.SantaCruzReggae.com]

#rastacruzreggae #santacruzreggae #realitysound #reality_sound
June 15, 2015 07:28PM
That was AZ Redsmoke djn on the black bus! Ky-Mani has a new album dropping June 29th, so im guessing all the shows booked in July are the real deal!! Promo Tour!

I couldn't understand why Sister Carol would perform at 2pm on small stage (which was next to big stage) when its 102 degrees and not just push her back into early
evening then Kabaka, etc

Dj Green B (Cooyah! Ladeez Sound) Bay Area, CA
Check out DJGREENB.COM for upcoming events & over 20 mixtapes!
June 15, 2015 07:33PM
Ras Danny
we well know the no-showing reputation of this Marley here in Oregon... not surprised at all and really hold doubts about his scheduled appearance here on July 12...

He was a no show the last time he was scheduled to play in Tempe. It ended up working out well though as Ranking Joe was the opener and he played a longer set.
June 15, 2015 07:58PM
They should have bumped Sister Carol up to the headlining spot. That late night dancehall with Kabaka and Iba Mahr sounds pretty epic, though.
June 15, 2015 08:01PM
randy valentinewas the only artist who performed on the dancehall stage sat night... kabaka and iba were just chillin
Big Sound line up though: TRC Sound/ King Jughead/ Burndown Sound/ Zion Roots/ FullWatts/ Broken Silence/ Stay Positive/ Green B/ Jah Mikey1

Respect Same Way
June 16, 2015 12:25AM
E.N. did not perform twice that really confused me because the printed stuff would make you think that, instead when he was supposed to perform it was a freestyle mic passaround with who ever was around haha

As far as Kabaka at the dancehall also a funny statement, I passed through there all night and didnt notice him at all just some good riddims with a circle around the fire dancers, that was about it though, the bus on the other hand was rocking alll night great jams and performances.

TAHOARMADA why is EN a joke? would like to hear your opinion, I think he is a reggae renessance man, that dude is good on instruments and can sing, produces recent hits, on his albulm, tribal seeds and a few other bands albulms.
June 16, 2015 01:49AM
Wow, did know he was there. I bet that was great...

tahoearmada
randy valentinewas the only artist who performed on the dancehall stage sat night...
June 16, 2015 03:40AM
niceup
Ras Danny

He was a no show the last time he was scheduled to play in Tempe. It ended up working out well though as Ranking Joe was the opener and he played a longer set.

Much rather hear Ranking Joe than Kymani.
June 16, 2015 06:39AM
Jah Mike
niceup
Ras Danny

Much rather hear Ranking Joe than Kymani.

Me too and it's not close. I told Ranking Joe as much and he had a good laugh.
June 16, 2015 02:45PM
Aztec Rasta, from what everyone told me that was at Reggae in the Hills, EN Young cannot sing and that was there biggest thing they had to say about him. Musically they all said he was pretty good but his voice is very soft and cannot carry a tune. He did his best and that is all we can ask for.
June 16, 2015 03:25PM
Oh I see Rossta, yea he rarely "Raps" and his songs are long hook patterns but I can totally see what you mean by soft voiced.

I was meeting up with some long time friends in the camp and missed most of his set lol I guess that kinda happens at a festival sometimes, especially when the sun has gone down and its actually cool enough to hang, I was burning up during the day though in that 100 degree weather
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login