Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

gold presentation medals of Haile Selassie I for sale

Posted by Jah-Jim 
gold presentation medals of Haile Selassie I for sale
October 26, 2009 05:45PM
Greetings,

Rent and other bills are over due, so I have no choice but to offer all my spare books, periodicals and medals of Royal Ethiopia and Haile Selassie I for sale at a discount.

WHAT CAN I HELP YOU FIND?

Among other available items are two Haile Selassie I Coronation presentation pieces personally awarded by His Imperial Majesty. They are solid gold, high quality gold (estimated at 22k) and weigh 15.2 grams (about half a Troy ounce) and a massive 47 grams (the largest made, 40mm, and 1 1/2 Troy ounces!).

Please be in touch if you are seriously interested or otherwise wish to assist my cultural archives.

thanks and blessings,

Jim Marshall

Reggae and Ethiopian Archives, since 1981

How can my massive collection of Ethiopia, Haile Selassie I, reggae, Rastafari, Jamaica and Africa best serve you? Don't you need some books, vintage periodicals and Medals of Royal Ethiopia? You can see many of my archive items and photos on facebook.
Re: gold presentation medals of Haile Selassie I for sale
October 26, 2009 07:48PM
Here's a photo of the two solid gold medals of Haile Selassie I that are available.

[www.facebook.com]

Thanks and Jah bless!

Jim

How can my massive collection of Ethiopia, Haile Selassie I, reggae, Rastafari, Jamaica and Africa best serve you? Don't you need some books, vintage periodicals and Medals of Royal Ethiopia? You can see many of my archive items and photos on facebook.
October 26, 2009 07:53PM
October 26, 2009 08:24PM
How do you like them?

October 26, 2009 08:29PM

cool pieces very historic. wish i had the spare cash to invest in these because im sure they arent cheap.

one love
jah bill

October 26, 2009 09:00PM
That's true, they aren't cheap but they are reasonable considering their gold content and historic nature. These are the same kind of presentation pieces handed out selective to important personages met by Haile Selassie I during his world travels. Several such as these were personally presented to members of the Rastafari community while His Imperial Majesty visited Jamaica in April, 1966.

October 27, 2009 03:36AM
Here are more original medals of Royal Ethiopia available for sale, mostly of Haile Selassie I. Also available are a couple of Orders of Ethiopia, plus insignia and the Bob Marley Star pins.

[www.facebook.com]

Thanks and Jah bless and guide you all!

October 27, 2009 03:49AM
October 27, 2009 04:24AM
I give thanks for the assist Ras Adam. I don't know why it didn't take my link and truly make it a link, showing the other Royal Ethiopian medals and insignia for sale.

Love and Raspect!

Jim

Here's another available historic piece, a gorgeous Commander's rank enameled badge (the larger size by 40%) of the Order of Menelik II with long appropriate ribbon for the rank and order, rare perfect condition to the enamel and gold, both front and rear.

[cgi.ebay.com]

Available privately for one day before relisting on ebay. Please save us both the fees. Wadada

Avid facebook fans, let's be friends. Friends and long time lovers of reggae, in the SPIRIT OF ONE LOVE, and in support of reggae history and photography, please be in touch. Collectors of anything from stamps, coins, medals, insignia of Royal Ethiopia, Please be in touch to help form a collectors club and add to Ras Adam's Haile Selassie I Collectors Clubs online.

May Jah bless and keep you and all that you love.

Post Edited (10-26-09 21:27)

October 27, 2009 07:14AM
read the faq above on how to post live links and images (two different things, illustrated by ras adams and i's posts above).

one love
jah bill
October 27, 2009 07:45AM
> these medals sell cheap in the streets of iopia so who ever flys there to support the local venders can pick up as much as dem can carry out and come back to rape a buck from iNi.
> it also helps to know how to talk aswell because its sort of like going to mexico and not being able to speak spanish if you catch i drift. . .
> atleast the one's i own, i know are real because i can see wear the threads were ripped off the jackets so if they come with the fabric hanging dem da real ting.
>peace^

-RASpects+
October 27, 2009 05:14PM
I guess you're not talking about the gold presentation medals. When were you last in Addis?

October 27, 2009 05:36PM
Sounds like you built up a golden cow of sorts..
The same cow Moses came upon after descending the Holy Mtn..

Bun out false idols!!

OK.. so I was inspired by McCarty on this one.. :-)
October 27, 2009 08:48PM
jahmeek if the only value to those were that they were gold, they would not be sold on any street anywhere cheap, not at the price gold is commanding. the fact they are gold and awarded by HIM make them nearly priceless. stop embarrassing yourself star.

one love
jah bill
October 27, 2009 11:48PM
Thanks for your appropriate input JB.

I'm guessing Jahmeek is referring to some of the other Ethiopian medals I'm offering, not the gold presentation medals of Emperor Haile Selassie I. I'm wondering when he was last in Addis and searching for Royal Ethiopian medals. All of my people there say that the medal supply has dried up in the last several years, to the extent that one of my fellow ebayers (who made a trip or two every year just to buy items to resell to I and I Rastafari) has stopped going, saying there's nothing left there that's worth buying for resale any more.

October 28, 2009 03:58AM
Here's the fabulous BACK design of the available gold presentation medals. This photo is of the larger and nicer one of the two available.

[www.facebook.com]

Thanks and Jah bless!

November 02, 2009 09:01AM
> sorry i dont own any 'gold' ones, just silver and my good friend used to fly there a few times a year but i stayed behind to get first pickings on dem street treasure.
> im not into gold to be honest and i have nuff books idren but thanks and good luck with the whole $elling thing.
>peace^

-RASpects+
November 02, 2009 04:23PM
Good to hear from you Jahmeek!

In terms of wearable medals with ribbons, they did use to me more available in Addis Ababa. Now, that is seemingly over with few exceptions.

These gold presentation pieces are gold, 22k gold, and as I said His Imperial Majesty used to give these out to people he met and felt an important link to.

My two are still available but must be sold very soon.

HAPPY 80'TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE CORONATION TODAY!

May JAH BLESS AND KEEP YOU ALL.

Jim

Nyahbinghi at Ras Michael's today, 2pm-7pm, 1034 93rd Street, Los Angeles.

Post Edited (11-02-09 08:24)

November 02, 2009 09:22PM
how much do you want for the two Haile Selassie I Coronation presentation pieces
and any flags or banners u are selling?
one love
al
November 02, 2009 09:57PM
Hi Al,

I guess I could have put that up before, but I was trying to be a little discrete.

The 1 at 15.2 grams has one just like it on ebay now, same weight, that they are asking 850 for. I can take 750 for mine. The other much larger and heavier one is even more of a museum piece, both because of it's size (the largest one made) the weight (the heaviest one made) and condition, nearly flawless. My asking price on that one is 2800, but I may well have to accept a bit less.

Please make offers you can follow up on immediately, and I'll do what I can to serve your interests.

You may email me directly at rastafarilives@gmail.com . I'm leaving for a Nyahbinghi at Ras Michael's house.

Thanks and blessings,

Jim

Africa al wrote:

> how much do you want for the two Haile Selassie I Coronation
> presentation pieces
> and any flags or banners u are selling?
> one love
> al

November 02, 2009 10:09PM
Jim,
I also have the medal from the 25th anniversary of 1941, but I too am missing the ribbon portion. I was hoping you had it. Anyway about how much each for those non-precious medals on that page?
November 03, 2009 02:46AM
Please email me directly with any details on the ones you'd like to know more about. Thanks and blessings,

Jim

We had a very nice Nyahbinghi at Ras Michael's. I'll post some photos and short vids to share the vibe.

November 03, 2009 07:50PM
Gold is up 25.20 so far today

November 05, 2009 03:25AM
No flags for sale presently but I was finally able to acquire one large flag of Haile Selassie I, with longer tails on the top and bottom right than in the middle, with the Collar rank of the Order of King Solomon's Seal and the badge both hand embroidered on each side independent of the other. I'll post a pic on facebook of it soon. Jah bless. What else can I help you find?

November 09, 2009 05:37PM
Greetings.

Both gold Coronation medals of Haile Selassie I have been listed on ebay in ONE DAY auctions:

[cgi.ebay.com]

[cgi.ebay.com]

Good luck and Jah Bless to all that are interested!

November 10, 2009 02:21AM
Both HAILE SELASSIE I gold medal auctions end shortly on ebay:

Gold Coronation and Presentation medal description borrowed from Dennis Gill's great book COINAGE OF ETHIOPIA...:

Front: Crowned, three quarter facing bust of Haile Selassie, dated "(EE)1923" at base of the bust. Legend surrounding "Haile Selassie the First : King of Kings of Ethiopia." Back: Throne of Solomon between two angels, one holding a... Read more sword and scales of justice, the other a sword and a sprig. A six pointed star is depicted on the throne with an open Bible and Ark of the Covenant symbolized above. In the foreground is a crowned Lion passant facing right, carrying standard. Below in small lettering"The Lion of the Tribe of Judah hath Conquered". The above is framed in a crowned, draped canopy. There are a few sprigs above the coat of arms and below it is the legend "Ethiopia Shall Stretch Forth Her Hands to God". Struck in Addis Ababa.

Jah bless you all!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login