Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

steve barrow on end of Blood n fyah

Posted by Ras_Adam 
steve barrow on end of Blood n fyah
August 30, 2007 02:47PM
A message from Steve Barrow on B&F
« Thread Started on Today at 1:31pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First time for the last 2 months - clear update regarding B&F situation :

strictly speaking there is no-one at B&F. Bob Harding resigned in June and Dom and myself were paid our last wages in July.
The office in Manchester is closed, all the remaining stock is in storage, and the company has ceased trading, apart from the accountant collecting monies still owed to B&F, and paying it out again to those who the company owes.

This forum is still here, though I don't actually know who is paying for the bandwidth or whatever it needs to keep going.

I assume the website is being paid for by the accountant, but I don't actually know for sure. I've only been able to get back on here by re-registering. I'm assuming that the website will continue in some way or other.... As far as the company goes, it has been reported elsewhere that myself and the Simply Red people are talking to a couple of 'interested parties', but as all those people are now on holiday, not a lot is happening. We had a couple of meetings, both positive, but who knows.
If a deal can be struck to continue the label, it will carry on. If not, that's it for the label.

I'll post any further developments as soon as I know them....
Re: steve barrow on end of Blood n fyah
August 30, 2007 05:06PM
Quite dispiriting news. I had harbored a hope that the rumors and reports were untrue, that the news of the label's demise were premature. B&F set the bar high for reissues, and they came into being just at the time I was hitting my initial total-immersion phase of reggae buying. Imagine, if you will, someone branching out from the Wailers family tree and picking up Spear's Social Living and that awesome jah Stitch collection and ... well, you know the rest. It was heady.
August 30, 2007 07:25PM
hey steve it was great chatting with you when i was in london and thanks for playing those magnificent recordings of b&f sound system with u roy etc. now THOSE would make for some great product and you/b&f/whoever ought to think about releasing those at least via paid download if not real physical releases.

one love
jah bill
August 31, 2007 04:35AM
Respect due to Steve, Bob, Red & the crew. It has been a
labor of love. We know the new business model post internet
file-sharing is a tuff row to hoe. You accomplished much much with
few material recompense but with a lot of heart. The works
you released touched me and touched millions of children. It has
been a further chapter in the history of pure roots.

Best wishes for your next adventures in life.
<><><><>
Ovah

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login