Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT - Travis T Hip's interesting idea

Posted by Dubguy 
OT - Travis T Hip's interesting idea
August 30, 2007 06:46AM
If any of you listen to KPIG (which I'm happy to say is now up here in Paradise/Chico area on the airwaves, but anyone can listen online) you're probably familiar with Travis. In fact I think he's at the Strawberry Music Festival every year as well, but to get to the point - his commentary this morning was rather interesting:

He was discussing how the majority of the problems in the Middle East were due to the fact that the borders to many of those countries were drawn by imperialist Britons, and in many cases ignored not only boundaries of individual cultures, but of religions, geographical boundaries and societies as well. Palestine (or the lack thereof) is a perfect example of this gross mismanagement.

He summarized that in this day and age, there should be a mechanism for tribal leaders, etc. - to petition to the United Nations for some sort of separate statehood type status. Shiite's, Kurd's and Sunni's could govern themselves accordingly, with each being granted an equal voice in the international scheme of things.

Not sure how it play out, but I think the idea warrants some looking into, especially in Iraq, where the tribal factions have much more local authority than some foreign inspired government. You can bet Haliburton and the evil empire would be opposed, but they have far too much sway as is - screw them.

What ya'all think?
Re: OT - Travis T Hip's interesting idea
August 30, 2007 07:38PM
off subject but...that guys still around? i remember him on local free form fm station kzap in suckto from the early 70s i think it was! i thought he was very intelligent and thought provoking but he got too deep into "conspiracy theory" a bit too much. that said, a lot of those ridiculous conspiracy theories turned out to be true or even understating the case!

one love
jah bill
August 30, 2007 08:20PM

Ever Forward
Empress
August 31, 2007 04:11AM
Hey there Bill. I know he was on KFAT (out of Gilroy) also before they went the way of the dodo. KPIG is in many ways an extension of KFAT, same core peeps, etc. They also hold the distinction of being the first on the web, although that is not a good indicator of the mix of tunes they play. Lets just say that the Creole Stomp show following Nick's would blend in without a hitch.

I remeber KZAP - it was the same frequency as KOME, and when driving up here from the bay it would simply take over once you went over the hills by Sunol.

Hilarious vid there Empress, I bet he's tried to cover that up - LOL! Talk about a 180 degree turnabout. Sorry I didn't call Tuesday - big project due tomorrow and I was stuck at work late. Can't wait for the weekend...
August 31, 2007 03:18PM
I'll be in Chico on Wed for a workshop. Maybe we could catch up afterwards. I think it ends sometime around 6 or 7. It ends at Hotel Diamond for cocktails and chatting. I'm sure after one cocktail I'll wanna be out.

Ever Forward
Empress
August 31, 2007 03:59PM
I heard him on KNEW-AM in SF back in the 60s when he was a young firebrand enthused about taking on the System...but from the sound of his current morning rants & screeds on KPIG, it seems he's become a boozy frustrated old hippy-redneck hiding away in Nevada, kinda the Ted Kaczynski of radio. I catch at least one or two factual errors &/or omissions each show, that a legitimate ordinary spud (common-tater) should know.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login