Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Alton Ellis, Derrick Morgan, Dennis Alcapone, Pat Kelly, Owen Gray LIVE IN L.A.!!

Posted by The Expanders 
Alton Ellis, Derrick Morgan, Dennis Alcapone, Pat Kelly, Owen Gray LIVE IN L.A.!!
May 18, 2006 06:25AM
Hollywood Ska & Reggae Fest

Sunday June 11th

Featuring Alton Ellis, Derrick Morgan, Dennis Alcapone, Pat Kelly, Owen Gray

5 Legends, One NIght.

The Fonda Theatre

Tickets on sale now at ticketweb.com

Post Edited (05-17-06 23:26)
Re: Alton Ellis, Derrick Morgan, Dennis Alcapone, Pat Kelly, Owen Gray LIVE IN L.A.!!
May 18, 2006 05:39PM
Every one of these singers still carry the goods. LA, yuh blessed...

Now my question is: will the Cali/V.I./ hippie-dreads answer the call??
Re: Alton Ellis, Derrick Morgan, Dennis Alcapone, Pat Kelly, Owen Gray LIVE IN L
May 18, 2006 06:15PM
True papa ray, this is a sweet lineup and I wish it were coming up to NoCal...but
unfortunately the reggae market up here leans towards as you say a smattering of trendy Cali/VI music, and the foundation artists get short shrift...hopefully this year's SNWMF will educate some of the unwashed...
Re: Alton Ellis, Derrick Morgan, Dennis Alcapone, Pat Kelly, Owen Gray LIVE IN L.A.!!
May 18, 2006 06:53PM
Now my question is: will the Cali/V.I./ hippie-dreads answer the call??

The short answer is NO. Too far to drive from Northern Cali for these folks, especially with gas at $3.40 a gallon. However, we have aging punk rockers here that wil no doubt support the show as well as people like me...who defy description?. I dont think Ive ever seen Pat Kelly or Owen Grey so that would be a treat for me. Seeing Owen Grey singing Bongo Natty and So Long(think thats the title) would be the bomb for me, yes indeedy, the BOMB!
Re: Alton Ellis, Derrick Morgan, Dennis Alcapone, Pat Kelly, Owen Gray LIVE IN L
May 18, 2006 07:00PM
> will the Cali/V.I./ hippie-dreads answer the call??

> a smattering of trendy Cali/VI music, and the foundation artists get short shrift

May 18, 2006 07:48PM
Awwww did I hurt someone's little feelings??
PS Dibs on Ann-Margret...
May 18, 2006 08:00PM
$3.40... I wish I could get gas for 3.40... cheapest in Tahoe right now is $3.59 for 87 which I can't run in my car... so I guess the Cheapest for me is $3.69

Respect Same Way
May 18, 2006 08:39PM
Tahoearmada thinks about driving to show...$15 for ticket plus gas money....geeez, almost $200 for gas? Thinks again!

Wow, come to think about, it cost me $100 for my SNWMF ticket and it will also be about $200 in gas money for the trip...ouch!
May 18, 2006 08:46PM

Grampa: "What the hell are you two doing?"
Barney: "It's called rockin' out,"
Homer: "You wouldn't understand cause your not with it".
Grampa: "I used to be with it, but then they changed what 'it' was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you."

May 18, 2006 10:06PM
... just to clarify, I was just complaining about gas prices... if I still lived in SoCal I'd go to the show for sure... Alcapone throws down

Respect Same Way
May 18, 2006 11:12PM
Will anyone shop this package to northern cali? I'm sure some promoter would at least take Alton Ellis. If I had gas money I'd be down at this show no question. Peace

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
May 18, 2006 11:17PM
Mikey which one of the above-mentioned artists is that pic supposed to be?
May 18, 2006 11:38PM
That was supposed to be the bassie for a local top-ranking reggae outfit.

I was listening to the Rodigan/Downbeat clash and Rodi served a few crisp Alton plates straight to Tony's head...

The man still sounds sweet...although Rodi may have been sitting on those for a minute.

It would be most excellent if Stur Gav brought a few singers to Boonville.

Respect, MK

May 19, 2006 12:45AM
Hmm...it doesn't look like Ryan Newman...
I second you on Stur-gav tho, some great singers & djs that system did give a bly...I would love to hear Charlie Chaplin & Little Ranking Joe...
May 20, 2006 05:53AM
Ini Kamoze come forward!!!!! Whip them with the rod of correction. SEEN?

Higher Heights !!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login