Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Post Malone

Posted by Ninja 
Post Malone
January 29, 2019 09:35PM
would be a great addition to this festival.
Re: Post Malone
January 29, 2019 10:15PM
No thanks.
January 29, 2019 10:30PM
Lil Pump?
January 29, 2019 10:36PM
I cant tell if you are serious or not. Post Malone falls under the genres of hip-hop, hip-pop, rap rock, r&b, cloud rap and/or mumble rap (wikipedia). Are you saying this because you like him a lot in general or because you think that he fits in after third world and before earl zero? Has he performed at any other reggae or world music festivals? Im trying to be as unbiased and objective about this as I can cause all that I can speculate is that you are joking.
January 29, 2019 10:49PM
yes I am joking... I was just seeing if anyone was awake.
January 30, 2019 12:30AM
Hopefully he will swoop me up...
[unofficialnetworks.com]
January 30, 2019 04:22PM
while I do not advocate having this guy at this festival.. he has grown on me. I got two kids that are always playing the local pop station and his music is on it non stop. I figured out what HEAVY ROTATION does.. it makes you so familiar with songs you just start humming along... they try and get you through total familiarity.
January 30, 2019 04:23PM
what about Cardi b after tikensmiling smiley
January 30, 2019 06:06PM
My girlfriend's daughter likes Drake...so instead of dissing the music, I did what I always do - I listen to it and then make a judgement. So, during a drive back from Fort Worth, I put on the grammy nominated "Scorpion" double lp because I thought it would be a good rep of his music and besides, my gf likes the song God's Plan...To say the hour or so listening to Scorpion was the biggest waste of time in my life would be a huge understatement...God's plan is the only song that is semi listenable. ...so I guess the best hip hop songs are the ones you hear on the radio -what a shame...I couldn't believe the vile , disgusting lyrical content and the purely irritatingly unimaginative beats... I would've bet a million dollars that the record wouldn't be this awful... I was ready to claw my eyes out it was so bad and so annoying...and this is what normal Americans listen to...I'm shocked ...Call me out of touch -i don't care -the sh{t is horrible

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
January 30, 2019 06:33PM
I agree completly when i see cardi b make 700+millions view when she only talks about money-nigga-bitches....its sad. and i do listen to new music all the time. there is so much good stuff out there. here s one

January 30, 2019 08:11PM
Papken.. watch the music video for God's Plan.. you will like that song more.. I don't really listen to any of it beyond wanting to know what my kids and the kids in my area are listening to... I don't think you are out of touch. Things just change. I am certain the first time I was playing Public Enemy and my dad her Flava Flav he probably thought he had failed as a parent. Coming from the Temptations and Marvin Gaye to NWA and Snoop they probably thought their kid had gone crazy. Now when I ask my kids what they think of Snoop they are like "who"? we don't listen to that "OLD" music.. I just laugh and wonder what THEIR kids will be listening to .
January 30, 2019 08:27PM
Yes through heavy rotation you will end up catching yourself humming just about anything these days. As far as lyrical content, if you live a life that involves money, ni**as, and bitches, then it makes sense that you would be speaking to that crowd about those things. I dont think anybody on this forum is necessarily the demographic that Atlantic Records is aiming at with Cardi B's music. And if anybody has ever enjoyed biggie tupac, snoop, nas, wutang, jay-z, kendrick lamar...then we have to speak to the double-standard. Many of the reggae dj's in northern california started off their record collection with hip-hop and grew up on money/ni**a/bitch music. Not saying its right or that any of you are wrong but its something to think about. With the being said, lets get back to some real recommendations and guesses of who might be on the lineup. Id rather talk about seeing Twinkle Brothers on main stage with Gussy P at the mixing board or LKJ with dennis bovell backing him (same year) and how much I would love to see THAT again.
January 30, 2019 08:44PM
abba.. this is but one thread.. there are "multiple" other threads that are discussing who people would like to see... One danger I see (perhaps) is calling music Money, Nigga, Bitch music.. it would be similar to calling reggae.. weed smoking, fundamentalists, criminal music.. sure.. some of the music falls into that category.. but you have thrown in a bunch of artists that really are MUCH more than what you have portrayed IMO. There are plenty of people who go to SNWMF who like many of the artists you have named. NO this is not the festival for them and that is ok.. I come here to listen to reggae music from all over the globe. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy Protecting My Neck.... or seeing a Puerto Rican Woman be wildly successful in her lane...
January 30, 2019 08:54PM
yes true you are right. different style different lyrics different audiences. some will be more remembered than others i think. i listened to Fela when i was 17 and still do (am 43). LKJ again yes!
January 30, 2019 09:50PM
"some will be more remembered than others"

so true.. think I may have forgotten more artists than I remember.. the good one's tend to stick.. the others.. not so much
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login