Advanced

Buju concert National Stadium Kingston Ja

Posted by Rasagenor 
Buju concert National Stadium Kingston Ja
January 19, 2019 08:28PM
Buju Banton FIRST SHOW 3/16/19.
National Stadium Kingston, Jamaica

Is anyone going????????????

Do you think he will sing Boom Bye Bye? (I can not imagine that he will)

It sounds like they plan for a sellout. 40K Jamaicans/ folks traveling from near and far to get to Jamaica..... I don't know whether something like that would be fun or completely chaotic.

Thoughts??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2019 11:12PM by Rasagenor.
Re: Buju concert National Stadium Kingston Ja
January 20, 2019 07:24AM
Sounds both completely chaotic AND fun!
January 20, 2019 09:39AM
Its the 16th not 18th
January 22, 2019 01:13AM
cocaine usually sells out
January 22, 2019 01:14AM
I am not sure if I am a buju fan re listening to his music a little bit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2019 01:34PM by John Blaze.
January 22, 2019 03:56AM
Your point?
January 22, 2019 07:39PM
re listening to Buju's music and you are not sure if you are a fan or not.. Ok.. that is fine everyone has people that are not fans of what they do. if 1 out of every 1000 reggae fans doesn't like his music he is still doing pretty well..
January 22, 2019 08:09PM
Sounds fun but a serious clusterfunk. I don't need Buju to die on the cross for his sins. As much as i have problems with him I love his music and what it did for my path into understanding reggae and Jamaica as a whole. Boom bye bye and coke are as much a part of Jamaica as ganja and one love.

Ones who make it will be enjoying a moment of music history that is for sure.

On a side note. I see that Discogs wont allow sale of Buju Banton "the early years". If anyone wants a copy of the LP HMU! hahaaha
January 23, 2019 04:58PM
I'm going. Can't wait.
January 23, 2019 05:02PM
Planning to be there myself, and I rarely venture out to live shows these days (dad life is real and I'm officially old now)... If anyone needs rides or anything while they are here let me know.
January 23, 2019 07:06PM
papajoshua
I don't need Buju to die on the cross for his sins. As much as i have problems with him I love his music and what it did for my path into understanding reggae and Jamaica as a whole.

Well said and I couldn't agree more!
January 23, 2019 07:11PM
Dr Suess
dad life is real and I'm officially old now

LOL, hearing you say that you're old makes me feel really old! I think the first time I met you was in SLO Town when we (Resination) backed Ras Attitude for a few tunes. It must've been 2005ish?

Congrats on fatherhood James, it's certainly an adventure and and honor to walk that path. Much love to you and your family.
January 23, 2019 11:17PM
Suess do you live in Jamaica? Can you PM me your contact info or can I find you on FB? I'm traveling there with some coworkers staying at a hotel in Kingston.
January 26, 2019 04:41AM
I don't care, I love Buju, man gave us Till Shiloh and Inna Heights. At first I was disappointed, I was younger and more idealistic, now I'm older and more forgiving. Why should entertainers be held to such a high standard? Musicians are notorious troublemakers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2019 04:42AM by scalawah.
January 26, 2019 02:08PM
I enjoyed Buju's music for a time but the name of his comeback tour tells me all I need to know about the man.

Nelson Mandela's "Long Walk To Freedom" was the result of his having spent 27 years in prison because he fought against the abhorrence of Apartheid. To abscond with that phrase to utilize for a post-cocaine conviction tour is, IMHO, nothing short of disgraceful....
January 26, 2019 11:25PM
papajoshua

Boom bye bye and coke are as much a part of Jamaica as ganja and one love.

But that don't make it upfull & right. In these times of moral relatively ya got to stand for something or u will fall for anything. Yu know: up is still up & down is down; cream rises & sh*t sinks.

If ya say anything goes ...go stick your tongue in a live electric socket then try say it again if u still got a tongue.

John Blaze

cocaine usually sells out

True words! cocaine / choke-brain / aka devil's dust ain't no recreational play thing. And bear in mind; regardless Buju's claim he was manipulated - which may be true in part; But he wasn't dabbling like other's (ie. Bob Marley, Dennis etc) had done ... Buju consort with major trafficker and these bwoy not just murderers ... they in fact:
Mass Murderers responsible for the death and destruction of many.

scalawa

i don't care.

that can be another way to say 'careless' ... i hope the mass murderers never reach your family doorstep, for then sadly u will care

Daniel

I enjoyed Buju's music for a time but the name of his comeback tour tells me all I need to know about the man. Nelson Mandela's "Long Walk To Freedom" was the result of his having spent 27 years in prison because he fought against the abhorrence of Apartheid. To abscond with that phrase to utilize for a post-cocaine conviction tour is, IMHO, nothing short of disgraceful....

Yes !

papajoshua

I don't need Buju to die on the cross for his sins.

Agreed, a just rule of law and a compassionate community providing 2nd & 3rd chances is the way ... but they who hurt their community got to do his/her part of personal transformation.

"I was born as a child and i lived as a child but there come a time to put away childish ting"

For example; reggae pioneer Tommy Cowan (Bob M's longtime wingman) had a wake-up call and left Bob and the extremes of certain ras mentality. He said: "they were ego based."

Hopefully Buju will surprise us and now focus his immense talent for the betterment of all. Jamaica hurting and World conditions more perilous than ever. The helping vibez of uplifting music has never been more needed.

Hopefully that private talk Babsy Grange (Ja. Gov't Minister of Gender Equality & Culture) called Buju too will bear good fruit. Trinidad had barred Buju from performing and they have now given the ok. Yea. Hopefully something good agwaan. Time will soon tell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2019 04:36AM by Peacemakeya.
January 28, 2019 06:13PM
a couple random thoughts. When you go to prison for years of your life I think you have paid your debt to society. Holding what he did up as a sin that has yet to be atoned for is kind of what the US Government does to felons by not allowing them their rights once they have gotten out...

As far as the name of his tour goes. Long Walk to Freedom was a great book about the Life of Nelson Mandela. It has nothing to do with this. The only thing these two men have in common is that they are black men. He can call his tour whatever he wants and I don't think he is disgracing anything that Mandela has done. It isn't even in the same realm or universe.

Buju is a man, he made a mistake, who hasn't? Which person here is upfull in all they do? Saying the title of a tour tells you all you need to know about a man.. interesting... I hope my life isn't judged by that. A title of something I did at work. You don't have to like the guy or like his music. It would be nice to see people not condemn another person that they don't know.

I highly doubt he plays Boom Boom Bye Bye ever again. I would hope he has grown in his life beyond that and seen the impact his words and songs can have on people. I never heard him sing a tune about coke. Yes, I know what he was convicted for but I have never heard the guy big up cocaine in his music.

Final thought. I wish people could let other people live without having something negative to say. Yes there are a bunch of people who just gloss over the fact that their favorite musicians are in jail. I have heard all kinds of people say FREE VYBZ and if it was their brother who turned up missing I HIGHLY doubt they would be "singing the same song". It happens all the time in music. People get defended because they make songs that people like. R Kelly, Chris Brown etc. In those cases the people haven't even paid for what they are said to have done. Not just in Music, Bill Cosby was another. I don't have my head in the ground. I also don't walk around condemning people for what they have done when they have paid the price for it. Buju lost a decade of his career and his life with his family for his transgressions. I would like to think the rest of us could move on and worry about our own lives.
January 30, 2019 12:12AM
regarding the name tour: I know for a fact that buju had nothing to do with that choice
A certain PR person on his team is really proud of "coming up with that"
If the show were in may Id be there, def cant wait to see and hear buju perform again!
January 30, 2019 04:23PM
not to mention.. it is the name of a concert.. people have feelings they just want to get out and need a reason..IMO
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login