Reign Lounge Raleigh, NC December 7th

Asheville Music Hall. Asheville ,North Carolina December 10th

Flamingo Cantina Austin,Texas December 15th

Taos Mesa Brewing El Prado ,New Mexico December 16th

Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom Other Side, Denver Colorado December 18th

Dates are rolling out
Akaebeka.com

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2018 02:38AM by Ras Matches.
Re: Akae Beka 2018 Tour
October 20, 2018 09:54PM
I was listening to 'Livicated' just recently. Nice album!

Sure would be cool to see Akae Beka with a horn section someday. Has anyone ever seen Midnite/Akae Beka with a live horn section?
Re: Akae Beka 2018 Tour
October 23, 2018 12:49AM
Re: Akae Beka ,Grateful Harvest US Tour 2018
October 24, 2018 06:58PM
Spiritual joining for the San Diego show, nice!
October 25, 2018 09:46AM
Spear Burning
Spiritual joining for the San Diego show, nice!

Would LOVE to see that show!

Jah Son
October 27, 2018 01:00PM
October 31, 2018 11:38PM
More dates

, Spiritual in Sebastopol on November 18th , Longboards in Pacifica November 21st and World Beat Center in San Diego November 24th

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2018 11:46PM by Ras Matches.
November 08, 2018 02:36AM
Dubtonic Kru has been added to the Sunday, November 18th show at HopMonk Tavern Sebastopol. Also, Akae Beka will have a full band, as well as Spiritual will have his band The Oufah Band. For details and to RSVP click the Facebook event page link below. You may buy tickets directly through the event page or click the ticket link.

AKAE BEKA(The Voice of Midnite) w/ full band, Spiritual & The Oufah Band, Dubtonic Kru, and DJ Chalice(Mabrak Intn'l) at Hopmonk Tavern Sebastopol

AKAE BEKA Ticket Page
November 08, 2018 02:51AM
Greetings Phorum Phriends
Advance Tickets for the Nevada City Show on December 2nd are now available online @

[akaebekanevadacitydecember2nd2018.brownpapertickets.com]

Facebook Event: [www.facebook.com]

This is a 21 & Over Early Show starting at 8

JAH Bless
November 08, 2018 04:25AM
Dang, I'm planning on going to the Hopmonk show, but that's a lot of acts! Guess it will be a late night, and I hope it doesn't mean Akae Beka will have a shorter set!
November 08, 2018 05:43AM
Reggabe
Dang, I'm planning on going to the Hopmonk show, but that's a lot of acts! Guess it will be a late night, and I hope it doesn't mean Akae Beka will have a shorter set!

Not to worry Reggabe. I can even give you the tentative schedule now subject to change of course. We can technically go until 1:40am so we have a buffer if we have encores or hit any snags.

8:00pm - Doors
8:00-9:00pm DJ Chalice
9:00-10:00pm Dubtonic Kru
10:15-11:15 Spiritual & The Oufah Band
11:30-1:00am Akae Beka(The Voice of Midnite) w/ full band
November 08, 2018 07:04AM
Personally I'd rather remove one of the 2 opening acts & have Akae Beka play an extra hour.
November 14, 2018 03:44AM
Reggabe
Personally I'd rather remove one of the 2 opening acts & have Akae Beka play an extra hour.

I'm sure many of the Midnite/Akae Beka fans over the years would agree with you on that. Unfortunately, it is not in the contract.
November 14, 2018 03:54AM
fourtwentyplenty
Dubtonic Kru has been added to the Sunday, November 18th show at HopMonk Tavern Sebastopol. Also, Akae Beka will have a full band, as well as Spiritual will have his band The Oufah Band. For details and to RSVP click the Facebook event page link below. You may buy tickets directly through the event page or click the ticket link.

AKAE BEKA(The Voice of Midnite) w/ full band, Spiritual & The Oufah Band, Dubtonic Kru, and DJ Chalice(Mabrak Intn'l) at Hopmonk Tavern Sebastopol

AKAE BEKA Ticket Page

Million 7(Seth Theodore) will be spinning a special live dub set in honor of Luv Fyah(Rahsaan LF Carson) featuring music from his classic Luv Fyah & Million 7 - Ethiopia We Belong! Vinyl and CD copies of the album will be available with all proceeds going to the Luv Fyah Legacy Fund Please come early! This will be a special night of heavy Rasta roots reggae vibez from top to bottom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2018 04:03AM by fourtwentyplenty.
November 14, 2018 04:08AM
UPDATED SCHEDULE

8:00pm - Doors
8:00-9:00pm DJ Chalice
9:00-10:00pm Dubtonic Kru
10:00-10:30pm Million 7 - Luv Fyah Tribute
10:30-11:30pm Spiritual & The Oufah Band
11:45-1:15am Akae Beka(The Voice of Midnite) w/ full band
November 18, 2018 03:58AM
I was watching a few recent videos, it looks like they are down to Edmund ,Suren and Ras L from the previous Midnite formation. I’m sure gonna miss Kenny and Christian

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2018 08:04PM by Ras Matches.
November 19, 2018 02:24AM
November 20, 2018 12:41AM
I went to the Santa Cruz show. Maybe he was sick or the smoke was getting to him because his voice sounded strained(or maybe it just sounded different because I was blasting Unpolished the drive over) The band sounded great and Ras L was playing a mean bass. You could kinda see Vaughn had a runny nose, might have had a cold.

I love Midnite so much , I just didn’t walk away feeling refreshed like I usually do.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2018 03:07PM by Ras Matches.
November 20, 2018 01:26AM
Last nights show in Sebastopol was okay. I have so much love and respect for Vaughan, having seen him and the band play over the past 18 years!! Wow. Anyhow, they came on just after midnight, and vibes were super mellow, I guess that is not a surprise. Spiritual had put on anice set, which was full of energy, and I knew Akae Beka would slow it down.

First 4-5 tunes were close to an hour in total. Finally around 130, the place flicked the lights, signaling last call. This seemed to spark the band a little bit, and they started playing shorter tunes, Vaughn pulling up tunes and moving on to the next. He played Love Right to start, meditation mid way through, and closed with love the life you live.

The archive of tunes is so massive, yet I have to admit the tunes they played were not really that interesting or appealing to me personally. When they played older midnite tunes, the crowd lit up with energy.

I had seen from pictures and last night, that Vaughan has changed his appearance with the very regal and formal ‘selassie like cloak’, a change from t shorts, sweat pants and casual wear. As always , he seems to be in a deep mediation. The band sounded pretty good, not as tight as in th the past. I know Vaughan has such prowess on the mic, and such an original style, I wish he would showcase it more and bring some more energy to the show.

Nonetheless, we gives thanks for the gathering and sound. Bless.
November 20, 2018 03:06AM
Thankful they around your town!

No shows in Oregon.
November 22, 2018 05:35AM
November 22, 2018 01:35PM
November 23, 2018 07:58PM
Santa cruz show at Moe's Alley was just OK. Not great. Packed, as usual, but the overall set was not at all memorable.
November 29, 2018 09:41AM
December 01, 2018 07:53PM
Sun nite in da hood at stone(d)house - nevada city
December 02, 2018 12:57AM
Sweet Water had heavy good vibes last night

Giving thanks!
December 02, 2018 10:17PM
Checked them in Oakland last night. Nice mellow vibe which is Vaughn's specialty. Personally I really liked the song selection as they played some rarer Midnite tunes than usual, apart from 'Meditation'. Missed Edward on guitar but the band still sounds tight. Ras L keeps getting better & better on bass, he was rolling last night! I think they needed to turn up their keyboards more because it was really subtle and could barely hear it until the end of songs, but he sounded nice.

They played a song I wasn't familiar with but really liked it. I think it was called "Empire Grade"? Does anyone know this song and if so what Midnite/Akae Beka album it's on? I've been searching for it on the web and can't find it...

Bless Vaughn Benjamin and the Midnite/Akae Beka vibration, they're still going strong!
December 03, 2018 02:41AM
Catching them in Burlington on Tuesday. Realized I hadn't seen Akae Beka in almost 3 years. Every time they've come to the Northeast it's either been to far, or just not in the cards. Wishing I could check the SOB's show. First time I saw Midnite was there back in 2005.
December 03, 2018 04:11PM
Great show last night thanks Sista Kat , Stonehouse was Dubbin large, Vaughn was being good on the vocals, nice long show
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login