Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marcus Gad and Tribe - Chanting

Posted by teachdem 
Marcus Gad and Tribe - Chanting
July 13, 2018 04:43AM
I recall someone posting about Marcus gad and tribe a while back, which was my first exposure to him and them. Definitely liked the sound and enjoyed checking several videos of theirs on YouTube. Somehow went to check them again recently and purchased their album ‘Chanting,’ and man I am really impressed. The band sounds tight, rootsty, jazzy and tight. Marcus has great lyrical presence, the songs are diverse and each have a message. My queen immediately thought they sound a lot like early midnite. I see this somewhat as some of the tunes are seriously rootical, irie, meditative and make me want to be cooling by a bubbling stream catching a medi.

I think Marcus gad and tribe would be a great draw for SNWMF next year as it is both reggae and world, so my full endorsement. Don’t believe they have ever played in the states, so come forward iyah!

Re: Marcus Gad and Tribe - Chanting
July 13, 2018 07:01AM
that was my post. Marcus is currently about to release a non-reggae album, is working onna next reggae album and the music rep that introduced me to him says he has suggested to Marcus that he do a North American tour... Chanting was released on vinyl in mid March of this year.

when i made the post about a year ago or likkle more, i too suggested that Marcus Gad And Tribe would be a perfect fit for SNWMF!

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
July 13, 2018 01:26PM
Ya know we see I to I Danny, long time we walked the walk star. Missed ya this year. What’s the story on his non-reggae album, jazzy?
July 13, 2018 04:59PM
not sure this is it... but Marcus posted about "releasing" this a short time ago... released on Bandcamp June 15 2018 (sounds like reggae to my ears/heart)
[hautparleurpacifique.bandcamp.com]

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
July 14, 2018 06:16PM
Thanks for posting that new material Ras Danny, listening "De Plus en Plus" now

respect to Marcus for chanting down babylon

Giving thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login