Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LEAD SINGER KUMAR BENT LEAVES RAGING FYAH

Posted by Spear Burning 
LEAD SINGER KUMAR BENT LEAVES RAGING FYAH
July 11, 2018 03:49PM
Per Reggaeville on 7/10/18: Reggaeville Link

"Even though there are dozens of positive sayings about changes and new beginnings that certainly contain a lot of truth, these news are a big shock.

Lead singer Kumar Bent today announced (via Facebook & Instagram) his decision to leave Raging Fyah:

"Greetings FyahSquad,

After some lengthy deliberation and meditation, it is with a heavy heart that I feel compelled to announce my decision to leave the band “Raging Fyah”. I believe all concerned will benefit from a parting of ways at this point and I see this as the inevitable conclusion.

We all have our own Paths to follow in this World, and mine has carried me to where I am today as an Artist/Musician. My history with Raging Fyah has given me immense experience and I am very grateful for this, but please know, all the Love and Support is not forgotten, and I will continue to grow and appreciate what the future may hold.

Please respect my decision and sense of privacy at this delicate time.

One Love, Kumar “Fyah” Bent"

Although no official statement has been given by the rest of the group as yet it seems as if this could be the end of Raging Fyah.

Raging Fyah is supposed to tour the US end of July/August and appear on Reggae Sumfest - July 21, 2018!

UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE
Statement by Raging Fyah via Facebook:
"It is with a heavy heart that we come to you today to let you all know that our brother Kumar has decided to leave the band. We want to thank Kumar for all his sacrifice and hard work that he has put in on our musical journey. We want to let you know that the Raging Fyah journey continues."
Re: LEAD SINGER KUMAR BENT LEAVES RAGING FYAH
July 11, 2018 03:55PM
Yup, sad mi say.
July 11, 2018 04:06PM
Raging Fyah continues....???? Without the lead singer? Sounds like Black Uhuru. The latest singer killed that band.
July 11, 2018 07:55PM
andrew bees killed black uhuru?
July 11, 2018 09:14PM
I find myself agreeing with westafari on this one, seeing andrew with Black Uhuru killed it for me, and i had never seen em before!

Love that reggae!
July 12, 2018 09:25PM
Band dynamics are a difficult thing to manage properly. This is why there are so few bands and so many solo artists. I wish all of them the best.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
July 12, 2018 10:19PM
yeah I agree with Westafari too. I will NEVER go see the current version of Black Uhuru! If I want to see Black Uhuru I'll go see Michael Rose or Jr. Reid...
July 12, 2018 11:23PM
So bummed on this news! I have been waiting 6yrs to see this band live and almost had my first opportunity in Long Beach in 2017, but didn't get to the fest early enough and literally ran to only catch the last 60 seconds of their set. Then it was announced that they are playing in my area on August 4 near San Luis Obispo...but now this news. I guess it just wasn't meant for me to see them live. Oh well, i'll have to stick with the YouTube vids, they have a pretty dope performance from Ostroda a few years back. Barriers was particularly on fire!
July 13, 2018 12:27AM
Yes Daniel, Andrew Bees absolutely killed Black Uhuru. They suck now. After having Don Carlos, Michael Rose and Jr, Reid all be amazing singers, Andrew is lackluster, at best.

One of the best shows that I have ever seen live was in 2008 when Junior Reid played with Sly and Robbie at Reggae Rising and Don Carlos came out and sang along. That was one of the highlights of my reggae life. I have never been so happy.
July 16, 2018 03:45PM
Jeez Raging Fyah coming to berkeley August 2nd but this news may have killed it eh?
July 19, 2018 03:03AM
Gotta go with the consensus both on RF losing their lead singer and Andrew Bees doing nothing good for Black Uhuru.
July 19, 2018 05:39PM
I heard they already have a new vocalist lined up for the tour.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
July 19, 2018 05:55PM
Do you know who Treez?
July 19, 2018 06:18PM
No, I was just told there was a replacement and the tour is still on.

July 19, 2018 07:31PM
Huh, I like Andrew Bees, his solo Album "Militant" is great, and his debut album with Black Uhuru "Unification" is beginning-to-end awesome, a highly underrated album. Granted I haven't seen him sing live with the band for a good 10 years.

A few of my favorites from that album:

July 27, 2018 08:26AM
A new singer already..oh, this will be interesting. Same set every single show???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2018 08:06PM by westafari.
July 30, 2018 04:26PM
I watched a couple of vids on Instagram and of course they still smash since they are all great musicians. However, without Kumar's voice, to me it sounds likes it's just a bad ass Jamaican reggae band that is playing Ragin Fyah covers. It also looks like they got a new guitarist as well? Big respect to the RF band for persevering and pushing forward.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login