Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What a magnificent festival!

Posted by nomotrouble 
What a magnificent festival!
July 08, 2018 04:39PM
I've been holding this in too long, this years festival, one of the best ever. Maybe i say that every year, but this year was special. After hearing the turmoil of friday's cancellations, i was prepared for some funkyness. Even with the heat, saturdays peformances were superlative. Didn't mind the repeats at all, it allowed me to actually see and record several of those bands. By the end of the weekend, i was exhausted, my reggae cup all runned over, my wife and i most satisfied.

Thanks Warren, and Gretchen, for a fantastic time. Thanks for letting me see Queen Makedah one more time. Thanks for Kingston Rudieska (pronounded rudie....ska). Thanks for Randy Valentine (blew me away), thanks for bringing back Max Romeo. Thanks for the Nomaddz. Thanks for Culture. Thanks for Cocoa Tea. Just thanks.....

Love that reggae!
Re: What a magnificent festival!
July 08, 2018 04:58PM
And thanks for Half Pint!

Love that reggae!
July 08, 2018 06:23PM
Best new artist was Teddy Afro. Sounded like a young Alpha Blondy.
July 08, 2018 06:49PM
yeah westafari, I had no idea who Teddy afro was when the lineup was first announced. Then i did some research and realized he's a musical superstar in Ethiopia! Thanks to SNWMF for bringing him out, and yeah he does have that African reggae/Alpha Blondy vibe...
July 08, 2018 07:46PM
I agree nomo, this was one of the best ever!!! The best of the old and the best of the young.......... it kept me in my happy place long after the show ended. Thank You all for making it so irie............ here is a link to my photos........

[www.flickr.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login