Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reggae on the River 2018 lineup guesses????

Posted by Ras Matches 
Reggae on the River 2018 lineup guesses????
May 30, 2018 10:30PM
I saw a facebook post, it read “ Please do not make this another Cali Roots festival, we have plenary of options for that” in which ROTR replied “HEARD” -that’s encouraging

Any legitimate guesses on the line up?

I wanna guess several members of the Marley family, Isreal Vibration, Sizzla(hes at the Mateel in July), Marlon Asher, Busy Signal, Steel Pulse?, Freddie Mcgregor. Akae Beka is touring, Dezarie’s doing France in July

Who else is in the area and might be available?

That was quick,- Mateel already cancelled the Sizzla show due to public outcry.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2018 12:51AM by Ras Matches.
Re: Reggae on the River 2018 lineup guesses????
May 31, 2018 12:24AM

.... dancehall and reggae.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
May 31, 2018 12:42AM
I agree about Sizzla since he's in the Bay in July. Busy would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath. Since it's a High Times production, yeah I'd bet a Marley or 2 would be there. Akae Beka playing NW Reggae Fest, so they're a possibility, but I kinda doubt Dezarie is since she played last year. Freddie MacGregor in the area so yeah he might show up.
May 31, 2018 12:45AM
Higrade,no LA Guns?

Johhny’s been keeping that envelope in a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch since noon today.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2018 12:46AM by Ras Matches.
May 31, 2018 01:08AM
guess i just figured they were a given.... grinning smiley

May 31, 2018 05:02AM
It’s hard for me NOT to be super critical here. My gut feeling is not good. I say it’s going to be all Cali Reggae Bands since they are planning it so far out?

1) Matisyau
2) Tribal Seeds
3) Rebelution
4) Tommorrow’s Bad Seeds
5) Hirie
6) Groundation
7) SOJA
8) Passafire
9) Slightly Stupid
10) Clear Conscience
11) Pepper
12) Dirty Heads
13) Iration

Not a good feeling. 20 years in a row and scared!!! Very scared. I hope I’m wrong.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2018 02:50AM by westafari.
June 01, 2018 06:30PM
westa: luckily most of those bands are booked out way further in advance than jamaicans
June 03, 2018 11:41PM
I will put money that damian will be one of the headliners. As for the rest, I was looking at other reggae festivals in the world on that weekend. Jimmy Cliff won't be there. That is for certain...
June 03, 2018 11:43PM

[www.reggaeville.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2018 11:43PM by raidereaggae.
June 04, 2018 03:24PM
Interesting.. I see they are selling tickets so I guess it is happening?? but no artist announced as of yet.. you wonder what you would be buying into. I guess this isn't so strange.. I wish them the best
June 13, 2018 06:08PM
Mykal Rose and Red Lions

Is it just me or is one of the Red Lions a front stage pit area security for ROTR?

Oh! It’s totally him , Burton Eubank, photo pit security, EMT, Fire captain in Inverness, trail keeper

West Marin Folks “Us” article

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2018 03:35AM by Ras Matches.
June 14, 2018 12:38AM
Yep, Matches, thats my buddy Burton. He appears in more of my videos than any other human. Also plays bass in the Red Lions.

Love that reggae!
June 16, 2018 06:53AM
Still no lineup!!!
June 16, 2018 11:01AM
And six weeks away.....

Love that reggae!
June 16, 2018 08:10PM
Just a guess but I think it’s not happening. There’s not enough time to pull it off successfully
June 18, 2018 06:47PM
def happening... lineup coming together
expect a variety

Respect Same Way
June 18, 2018 07:11PM
There's a meeting with Humboldt Co Planning Commission for permits this Thursday night. We should hear more after this..............
June 18, 2018 08:47PM
I hope you’re right
June 18, 2018 11:39PM
Not 100% happening. Nothing ever is. I have friends that work at the Mateel. They are having trouble finding bands that are available and that will be able to sell tickets. 6 weeks away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2018 11:47PM by westafari.
June 19, 2018 12:50AM
Mateel is not hiring the bands, High Times is....
June 19, 2018 04:46AM
mamacali
Mateel is not hiring the bands, High Times is....

Exactly. They are probably just waiting on a headliner to confirm before the big announcement. Press and volunteer applications etc. are already in the works. They put the High Times Cannabis Cup Central Valley together in less than 30 days and it popped off nicely. I know I am still saving the dates.

In the meantime, I'll see you all in Boomville this weekend.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
July 08, 2018 06:26PM
Lineup is out. Only 10 artists. I had no idea that Arrested Development was reggae.
July 08, 2018 09:07PM
Its gonna be interesting. They have yet to install the bridge across the river to begin construction. Mateel forgot that the bridge permit was up for renewal and didn’t file until June 26th, currently there is a 21-day public comment period regarding the installation.
July 17th is the last day for public comment and hopefully approval soon after, which gives them about 2 WEEKS to construct the site.

As you can see, the line-up is not the greatest ever. For me its closer than LA to see Busy Signal and Cham is also on Friday. I would guess one more Marley to the line up, but I’m not buying a ticket till I see the whole line-up and after they install that bridge.

With such a weak line up, the question is: should you go to represent what Reggae on the River is to the other and possibly new campers.Show em how its done?

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
July 08, 2018 09:14PM
I'd say it's at least worth a trip up for Friday to see Busy. That is a BIG DRAW! The rest of the lineup is kinda weak, although now Morgan Heritage is scheduled for Sunday. Since Sizzla is in Cali in July maybe they can add him?
July 08, 2018 11:51PM
If you look on the Eventbrite ticket site, its says MAVADO
He’s in Canada that Friday and Saturday

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2018 12:02AM by Ras Matches.
July 09, 2018 08:24PM
westafari
I had no idea that Arrested Development was reggae.

Arrested D is a hip hop band but they had a strong spiritual element including a spiritual adviser, Baba Oje. I am looking forward to this set. They will most likely have a full band set up with backing vocals etc. They have a great message and vibe.

BTW, Mavado was announced today and Morgan Heritage a couple days ago.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2018 08:26PM by DJ Treez.
July 09, 2018 08:31PM
what's 'Original Wailers' these dayz?
July 10, 2018 12:17AM
Looks like the final lineup. I’d like to see Arrested Development, Busy, Baby Cham and Mavado. I’m not sure that is enough motivation for me to go, especially considering some are coming from out of Country. Last minute decision for me.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
July 10, 2018 01:59AM
I think there are one or two more to be announced. Secured my photo pit pass today, so i have to say that's one test that High Times has passed. Good job so far guys! It's all vibe anyway, plenty of good reggae on the bill. I saw Don Carlos a couple months ago, smokin hot, i want to see him again. Hempress Sativa was great at Sierra Nevada a couple years ago. Four bands a day plus, maybe longer sets....I'm good with it.

Love that reggae!
July 10, 2018 03:23AM
Looks like I will only be going Friday and Saturday. Sunday looks uneventful.
July 10, 2018 05:17AM
Peacemakeya, i'd like to say the original wailers were Bob, Bunny and Peter, but in this case it's Al Anderson and others.

Love that reggae!
July 10, 2018 06:01AM
yeah Hempress Sativa is great! I only recently discovered her and like what I hear...
July 10, 2018 11:40AM

Love that reggae!
July 11, 2018 04:09PM
Tahoe, where is the amazing lineup you were talking about. I see 4-5 dope bands but that’s it.
July 11, 2018 07:54PM
Im pretty stoked on it myself
only about 15 acts this year since music doesnt start until 5-6 in the bowl
July 11, 2018 09:11PM
For the short notice and all, i think they did pretty well. Six or seven acts i want to see there, the later start works for me too, the heat will be declining by then.....More time to hang and chat before the show.

Love that reggae!
July 12, 2018 05:25AM
Original Wailers is Al Anderson who played with Bob and Peter.
July 12, 2018 06:18AM
Daniel
Im pretty stoked on it myself
only about 15 acts this year since music doesnt start until 5-6 in the bowl

I am looking forward as well. It looks like only 12 acts total, 4 per day starting at 5 with DJ's during the day. I am all about Busy Signal, Hempress Sativa, Don Carlos & Arrested D. Bambaata seems to have a nice vibe if a limited catalogue and Mavado could be hit or miss so I will check it for fomo. The rumor I heard for Friday headliner would really top the cake but we will have to see how that plays out. Good vibes with good people at an iconic setting seems like a no brainer to me. I hope to see some folks there.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2018 06:23AM by DJ Treez.
July 12, 2018 11:14AM
See ya there Treez!

Love that reggae!
July 12, 2018 04:50PM
Isn't Busy headlining Friday?
July 12, 2018 05:01PM
He should be.....

July 12, 2018 07:26PM
Reggabe
Isn't Busy headlining Friday?
They announced that they had one more headliner coming, so I am assuming that is the Friday headliner. I guess it will depend who they confirm.

nomotrouble
See ya there Treez!
Yes Nomo, looking forward, sounds like there will be plenty of chill time during the day and we will have a nice camp set up again.

July 12, 2018 07:40PM
Busy is officially the headliner for friday as of today, but still at least one more act to announce!

Respect Same Way
July 12, 2018 10:21PM
To me Busy Signal is the headliner of the whole festival! So if they're adding another headliner I'd guess it's on Saturday or Sunday. Sizzla?
July 12, 2018 11:39PM
Kinda bummed about the late start times. For years my favorite sets were always the 3-4 o'clock performances just as the sun started to carry behind the stage. Curious to see how things go this year. Remaining hopeful that ROTR continues with the same vibes and doesn't turn into another weed festival. Can anybody confirm or deny if we can still arrive Thursday morning like past years before it became a 4 day festival.
July 13, 2018 12:17AM
Thursday entry does not exist this year. Friday entry only.
July 14, 2018 05:08AM
Arrested Development - Yes !!!! Upfull positive loving music from the HipHop pioneers. Give thanx to ROTR for breaking the boycott from them same music mafia Harvey Weinstein type mentality that try to bury the good ones like Arrested Development. But here they still is and asking: "Who put the T in front of RAP = TRAP ?"

Same question need be asked: Who try displace sweet reggae dancehall with the ego dunceHELL?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2018 06:12AM by Peacemakeya.
July 14, 2018 06:31PM
Thank you VidbyBill for this recorded memory, from the first midnite song in your car to the magnifying glass moment and interviews,, watched this whole thing on the big screen to get ready for this year:

Giving thanks!
July 14, 2018 11:03PM
You know its all bad when the ROTR Facebook posts pictures of topless women on their page.

Last ditch effort to get people to buy tickets. The bridge doesn't even get approved till after July 17 and no construction can begin till after that. This situation of last minute planning is almost Exactly what happened during the fall of Reggae Rising and during a similar time period.

Open nudity does not fare well with religious music. You must have seen Dezarie boot the dancing girls off her stage, she was not having it.
I’m sorry if my comments are bringnig you down. I am not a pessimist or a optimist but I am a realist. Look back to Reggae Rising, very similar situations in the similar time periods. Im just being real.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2018 12:44AM by Ras Matches.
July 15, 2018 12:04AM
I thought the artfully painted women went well with the topless men. Don't be a downer, the stage will be built, the vendors will be there, spliff will be burning, music will be playing. The musicians will be there, the employees are working like crazy to make it happen. If the shade cloths don't get raised, well the music is in the evening anyway.

Give thanks that those women feel comfortable enough to walk around half naked.

Love that reggae!
July 15, 2018 12:50AM
“Jah and lust dont mix” - Dezarie

Yes Genesis says be fruitful and multiple and it also says “The Lord God made garments of skin and clothed Adam and his wife”

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not perfect by any means, I love me some titties big or small don’t matter. I’m just saying its not a good look for a Reggae festival and conscious music -in my opinion.

We all know advertising is psychology based. I am commenting on the use of nudity or partial nudity to bring about lustful thoughts in order to sell tickets. That type of thing is contrary to the music that I listen to everyday.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2018 04:29AM by Ras Matches.
July 15, 2018 12:55AM
"Be fruitful and multiply" - Jah
July 15, 2018 03:23AM
Lust and nudity are two different things.

Love that reggae!
July 15, 2018 04:21AM
nomotrouble
Lust and nudity are two different things.

^^^THIS^^^

There were naked folks at ROTR when I first went back in the 80's.

July 15, 2018 05:22PM
There are naked folks every year. Just less and less from each year onward.
July 16, 2018 01:48AM
Exactly, and I might as well go ahead and admit that my Empress has been known to be one of them. I have lived at two clothing optional resorts, Harbin and I was General Manager at Sierra Hot Springs. And if you are judging, I raised both of my children at said clothing optional resorts. If you are feeling lust when you see people naked in unsexual situations, that is on you. Blessings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2018 01:50AM by DJ Treez.
July 16, 2018 02:23AM
You guys are right , there are always naked folks at Reggae. My comment is directed towards the psychology of advertising , nudity and the need to $ell tickets-That’s it. No judging here, its not my place.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
July 16, 2018 06:07AM
My normal reggae crew (family) of “Camp 1 Dread” went from 50 people last year to 3 people going this year. No amount of naked teenagers and BS psychological hype is going to change the fact that this festival is going to lose tons of money this year. I say they sell 2,000 tickets. It’s going to be a ghost town in the bowl until about 10 PM. Not a lot of people are going to pay a ton of money and taking days off work to go this year. It’s just not going to happen.

Trees, Sierra Hotsprings is the best. Been 3 times in 6 months.

Matches, no disrespect taken. People can be naked if they want. El natural. Really great observation though. Show titties to sell tickets. Lame!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2018 06:32AM by westafari.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login