Advanced

Jerk Fest Chino Hills, CA July 29th

Posted by Ras_Adam 
Jerk Fest Chino Hills, CA July 29th
May 22, 2018 01:46AM
Re: Jerk Fest Chino Hills, CA July 29th
May 22, 2018 03:57AM
I would drive the 6 hours for Busy.
Looks like a "Call before you haul" but could be an epic show, at a local softball field , in the netherlands of Hell-A
May 22, 2018 05:45PM
No way!!! is Busy really going to make it to CA???
May 22, 2018 05:54PM
I thought Busy couldn't get a work VISA in U.S.?
May 22, 2018 07:33PM
He's performed in NY the last 2 years at the Roy Wilkins park event I believe.
May 22, 2018 07:44PM
May 22, 2018 08:51PM
Maybe ROTR can land him for their line-up!drinking smiley
May 22, 2018 08:57PM
What's up with that video clip Ras A? Did they just pull Busy off stage for some reason? The crowd was not happy!
May 22, 2018 10:51PM
Curfew cool smileythumbs down
May 22, 2018 11:11PM
as he said from clip he was there from 3pm contracted to play at 5
and the previous artists must have played over and ate up his stage time
wasn't a happy camper
a
May 23, 2018 04:01AM
yeah I looked into it, apparently they had to make room for R Kelly. Looked like an unpleasant situation...
July 13, 2018 05:41PM
They added Romain Virgo and a few others to this fest. Won't be able to make the trek to ROTR this year from San Diego so I think I'll go catch Busy in Chino Hills. They're selling 2 for 1 tickets on the event website here: https://www.adamarifest.com/

July 31, 2018 03:32PM
Jerk Fest was a blast this past Sunday! My fam and I got there a little late after our toddler got sick in the car on the way up and had to make a pit stop but was able to catch Queen Ifrica, Tony Rebel, Romain Virgo, Patoranking, and Busy Signal.

Patoranking was our favorite set. I had never heard of him before but the energy and musicianship of his band was through the roof! I highly recommend him for SNWMF in the future.

Romain put on a great show as well. I was really impressed with his vocals and he did not disappoint.

Busy was dope too. His voice sounded just like it does on recordings. After Patoranking's set though, Busy just seemed so-so honestly. He played mostly dancehall tracks with some reggae mixed in.

The food was amazing, all the best jerk and Jamaican restaurants from LA. The venue was kind of weird at a little league field all spread out but it worked.
August 01, 2018 01:51AM
August 01, 2018 07:00PM
Thanks for the review Spear Burning.

I'm sorry I didn’t go now.

Been listening to Afrobeats or Afro-pop or Afrosoca for over three years now, big fan, so I’m disappointed I missed
Patoranking...happy he did well, appears to be a humble guy.

Somewhat rare for Afrobeats artists to appear in Southern Cali so I should have gone.

I predict big things for the Afrobeats genre...the talent pool in Africa is enormous and many are now getting musical opportunities due to technology.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login