Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Renegade

Posted by jjlab3 
jjlab3
Renegade
March 15, 2005 06:38AM
Anybody know what's up with Renegade Concerts?

They promote a fair amount of Regae shows in Sac, Foothills and Tahoe/Reno.

I went to their web-site today and it's a shopping site now?

I was just there the other day and they had upcoming shows???
Re: Renegade
March 15, 2005 04:27PM
[www.renegadeshows.com]

Ever Forward
Empress
jjlab3
March 15, 2005 06:16PM
I swear last night that same web site was changed to some shopping thing????
Zana
March 15, 2005 11:41PM
My very first reggae festival was a Renegade. It was wonderful and hooked me onto reggae. I hope they have another one in near here.
March 15, 2005 11:44PM
Every summer, but the venue might change within days of the event....

Ever Forward
Empress
March 16, 2005 03:09AM
Went to last year's Renegade Festival at Cisco Grove. Beautiful location, even a river, and Spear, Ras Michael, Eek-A-Mouse. Altogether a very positive experience, but no word yet on their site about this year????
Nate
March 16, 2005 10:39AM
Yes suport renegade they have small festivals with a very strong vibe.
Jah bless you all
Dude about town
March 16, 2005 11:18PM
Yes there will be a Renegade Festval this year. Maybe 2, one at Cisco Grove with more than a week's preparation, and very possibly Quincy, since the public outcry against teh cops actions last year has shut them out of involvment this year, or so we are told. The business owners were extremly upset at the loss of revenue due to the county constabulary and the particular officer who was responsible for that fiasco and the one at High Sierra.
March 16, 2005 11:22PM
Cyaan Forget Renegade '99 at Quincy: a young Anthony B doing knee-knocks and high kicks over his head while jumping three feet in the air, Apple calling out Wadi live on stage, Radics dub style, and Culture coming correct. Big Up Robbie and the whole of dem. -MK
March 17, 2005 12:04AM
Did anyone go when it was up at Shasta?
March 17, 2005 12:05AM
Yep

Ever Forward
Empress
March 17, 2005 12:05AM
That's where my disgust for Eek really set in.

Ever Forward
Empress
March 17, 2005 12:47AM
I'd like to see some different and new roots reggae at the Renegade Shows. We get tons of roots through SC and would really like to see the festivals supporting some of the acts which don't make it onto the bigger line-ups. Some of them are just as good - and just as roots as the others. More local acts - from the Bay and the foothills would be a pleasure.
I'm hoping to get up to see the RawstaWagon show in Chico this weekend. Thanks for posting the press release. I didn't realize the gig would be this big. I know Mystafya is playing up there. They are one of my fav's in the Northern California scene and they just keep getting better. I remember seeing them at a Renegade festival before. What happened there?
Of course - Festivals are always nice with acts like Ras Michael, Spear, Steel Pulse, and the Marley boys...not to mention Israel Vibrations.
Ites - SC, CA
Has anyone heard of Rebelation? I saw that name on the RawstaWagon site too...?
jb welda
March 17, 2005 12:49AM
just dont expect them to book capleton. robbie claimed in an interview in the sacramento bee that he had no idea capleton sang *those* kind of lyrics. someone isnt paying attention here...

one love
jah bill
March 17, 2005 01:42AM
Robbie was the ONLY promoter on the west coast that didnt back down to the pressure from anti-free speech groups. I commend him for backing Capleton..

blessed love
empress lindsay love

"It takes a whole village to raise a child" African Proverb
March 17, 2005 02:15AM
Bullsh@#!
Robbie did back down like all the other west coast promoters. The sacramento show was canceled!
jbwelda
March 17, 2005 02:21AM
he *did* put them on at northshore tahoe (the biltmore?) but the suckto show was cancelled. it wasnt robbies fault, the venue is the one who cancelled it, but there was this ridiculous article published in the bee afterward, and thats what my near-quote is from.

its really amazing, the only time sacramento recognizes reggae is when the marleys come to town...or this sort of thing happens.

one love
jah bill
March 17, 2005 02:43AM
Once again, big up to Renegade. At Cisco Grove last year there were some early bands that were local, or should I say, California. I just can't remember who they were, BUT if they have a festival this year at Cisco Grove, I hope more people support it. The campground is less than a quarter mile from I-80. If the lineup is like last year's, it should be supported by all Sacramento and Bay Area reggae fans.The location is awesome, in the mountains, beautiful campsites, near a river. What more can you ask for? Hey, if we don't support reggae festivals and shows, they disappear; it's that simple. And, of course, I already bought my tickets for this year's SNWMF.
jjlab3
March 17, 2005 05:12AM
"Suckto"

-Jah Bill
Zana
March 17, 2005 04:34PM
I hope they have a festival again at Cisco grove. They change the venue at the last minute from Quincy so I had already planned on not attending. Then it got changed to a closer location and it would have been very easy to go. Too bad I was out of town.
I'll definetly support a Renegade festival.
Nate
March 18, 2005 10:39AM
Take us back to Shasta, the site of my first fest. No veneu beats Shasta
seed
March 18, 2005 04:05PM
nate have you been to snwmf?
March 18, 2005 06:25PM
>hippie vibe vs. roots vibe* well dem do good job of mashing dem together anyways. was pretty disapointed on there staff attitude @ Midnite @ the river ranch(summer-04'). besides to smoke factor on kool runninz' dem we're pretty stuck up! meeks iNi tink on who ever can fork over 4grand to a wanted reggae band could get tingz going in dat area easy. but then again who has dat kind of cash to pay out to a group who was only meking half as much per show the year B4!
-RASpects+
March 18, 2005 09:09PM
Big Up Robbie!!! Big Up Renegade!!! BRING BACK CAPLETON & SIZZLA
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iF THE CITY WON'T LET THEM PLAY, TAHOE WILL- BRING BACK CAPLETON & COCO TEA!!!!!
nate
March 19, 2005 07:40AM
seed yes this year will be number three for me. I tend to like smaller fests better vibe and not as hot. can't wait to celebrate this year with you all.
March 19, 2005 08:56AM
"Big Up Robbie!!! Big Up Renegade!!! BRING BACK CAPLETON & SIZZLA
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iF THE CITY WON'T LET THEM PLAY, TAHOE WILL- BRING BACK CAPLETON & COCO TEA!!!!!"
>if i* remember correct dem hired capleton & cocoa to play off a cancelled date do to batty&lezbo harrasment. had band drive up state & then canned dar show because of same harrassment & didnt even cut dem a ga$ check. Renegade claim dey did'nt kno about all the co-motion & wanted to stay up the local media's good smelling ass even kno* dey would have not got dat date for gig in 1rst place if it was'nt for the problem. scandless i* seh! hard to wash dat tie-dye out yo*
-RASpects+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login